Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Will the PvP system be ever reworked?

Started by outluke, December 22, 2010, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennedy

4/8 (mage is 4/6 paco) casting, 2 sec aids, high stats, no skillcap sets the stage for fast paced pvp.... why would you think otherwise?

Sure, a few things could be changed, but not as drastic as some say. 30 sec cooldown on pots is a ridiculous proposition, considering there are several ways to poison players: mage, darts, weps. Some people dont want to rely 100% on mage heals/cures...and they shouldnt be forced to.

There are several weapons out there that can hit even harder than an xbow, people....build several weps for your arsenal.
While everyone banksits or complains on the forums....the top players are finding ways to make their suits/weps more efficient.

High end players shouldnt be brought down, just because some people refuse to adapt to the server's playstyle, or are just too lazy to put together a good suit. I also understand not everyone has the time to invest in the game, but this shouldnt punish people who do dedicate alot of time and effort into their account.

outluke

It's not about dexxers versus mages as Pandora has no classes, due to no skillcap. Just take advice that your guildmate Kennedy gave us in this thread and utilize all skills. You just admitted that the problem is about PvP assistant scripts developed by some people - it's an unfair advantage against a  player who wants to actually PvP other than hit play button. What people who defend script PvP seem to miss entirely, is the fact that others who get "pwned" by your scripts will finally get bored with it, it's already hard to find anyone in Fel. Maintaining the current state does not lie within anyone's interest, if it stays the way it is you will run out of people willing to fight you.
I believe in Staff and that they will deflaw the PvP system to ensure shard's longevity.

Kontact

amen

Kontact

it is about dexxers vs mages and not because of any skill, but because of suit building and preference. unless u are pretty damn leet you can be both. :D but the 'arguement' is about pots countering gay poison spam (which yes, it is gay, as gay if not moreso than mortal spam). so QQ and adapt.

outluke

Quote from: "Kontact"it is about dexxers vs mages and not because of any skill, but because of suit building and preference. unless u are pretty damn leet you can be both. :D but the 'arguement' is about pots countering gay poison spam (which yes, it is gay, as gay if not moreso than mortal spam). so QQ and adapt.
Sure, plese post the Godrick PvP assistant script here so we can all "adapt" to it. Let's all make an Xbow and bank sit at Insula, cause there is no point in going out to pvp as it is now. Also, I never shed a tear or personally attacked anyone, I'm just calling for some reasonable changes, which are called for by - like it or not - majority of shard population.

Kontact

Quoteit's an unfair advantage against a player who wants to actually PvP other than hit play button.

"wants" being the key word. again a choice made by 'you' and 'people who think like you' i do not give a rats care about what 'you' 'want'

if you make a choice to play a certian way other than the most efficient way in context of the game mechanics, thats your problem.

i and people like me, should not be nerfed down to match people like you who choose not to utilize everything at your disposal. Q fukin Q.

RoadBlock

I agree with Kennedy and Kontact..  I do not see why players that take the time and chance and use up alot of resources and gold building suits and weapons should be capped or anything else..  Anyone has the opportunity to build anything they want, and or donate for it..  

Here is the simple answer..  If you do not like the PVP..  Stay out of the PVP areas...  I like Kon's motto..  "With Risk comes Reward"  And I think it should be that way..  There are 3 tram facets and 3 fel facets..  so plenty or area to cover PVP or PVM..  

Ohh and BTW:  I do not PVP..  I PVM, and craft...  

Have fun....

outluke

I just can't help but to giggle when reading the rage posts made here. I just hope that Kon and Co. will notice that only few people are defending the current status quo and that the PvP needs to be revorked in order to revive the scene.
Also we're not talking here about the EasyUO PSL Godrick's script, but the one he specifically adjusted to Pandora while actively playing in LID guild, the one you're currently using.
I'll just stop posting here as this thread is turning messy. My goal was to start discussion about changes needed to bring Pandora's PvP scene from death. I guess that some people not interested in improving it and are happy to not have anyone to fight with. And my man you sure have a thing for a "Q" button, lol.

outluke

Quote from: "RoadBlock"Ohh and BTW:  I do not PVP..  I PVM, and craft...  

Have fun....

Good choice.

Lilith

Just wanted to step in before this thread goes any further... Please remember to respect the opinions of others and show respect at all times. /carebear

Kontact

i hope they realise that only a few people are having a qq about it because they die to me.

pvp is not dead not even close i kill people every day... fact.

just because you dont dosnt mean pvp is dead.

and pvp could be made better by content incentives if anything.

as for whatever razor/easyuo or other programs/scripts me or anyone else runs is nobodys business lol. i think part of ultima requires being atleast minimally handy with scripts and macros. if you dont use scripts and or macros you fail. end of story.

outluke

While I agree that anyone should put effort in making a good suit for themselves and learn to use razor and basic scripts, I can't help but to notice that some features are just overpowered. Whoever is crying or raging, they should stop being emoptional and take a deep breath. It's up to Staff to decide wheather change things or leave them as they are now, I just hope they will make a good choice. IMHO pots should most definitely be put on timer and that's the most burning issue in PvP to be handled. End of story on my part.

Kontact

IMHO im telling you pots ARE on a timer. 1second timer.

Kontact

about the same 1 second delay between spamming poison spell.

outluke

Except you need to actually cast poison, amongst other spells, in order to wear down your enemy, pots just kick in automatically - being handled by the script. Add the bandaid script and a good range weapon and it makes one man an invincible tank, who needs to just stand in one spot and hit play button, casually casting the abobvementioned poison and pain spike. If that's the idea of perfect PvP than it's just sad. And please don't say everyone should adapt and do the same...

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman