Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Will the PvP system be ever reworked?

Started by outluke, December 22, 2010, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domos

You know very well that poison spam can be "pushed" through pretty easy, all you have to do is damage the other player so they cant use your poisoned state and have to heal instead, you can also interrupt with a fast weapon. It all comes down to timing, getting the poison in right before the enemy bandaid for example so the bandaid is wasted on curing instead of the heal, that takes timing skill which is what pvp is about. The problem is, there is nothing that lets people "push" the enemy any more, poison gets cured instantly, mortal pretty much the same, bandaid ss and mage lesser instantly refill any damage taken. So how is this fast pased pvp supposed to work exactly? We all run around shooting each other with mortal strike till someone runs out of bandaids? Sounds boring, and it kind of is.  Now, lets say we speed up casting on a few spells, like FS, poison strike and explosion (maybe a few others), and I mean significantly speed those up, and add maybe a 2-3s delay on pots. Then maybe one could push with spells again but Im not sure even that would be enough...

UOAddicted

Quote from: "Kontact"tbh i cant even be bothered reading all of it all i saw was bla bla bla kontacts bow. how about blablabla stop crying cos u didnt spend 6+ months building a suit about a xbow when i did. how about make one yourself if you are obsessed with it that much and stop having a boohoo. ty.

no sry i dint spent 6month +afk mining for my imbuing, but thats not the point
as long things stay like they are atm pandora will stall to a awesome pvm shard
where 1 red roams fel, no one duels no pvp etc we are talking of the futur of pandora
not your suit and bow, but heh i cant wait to see some changes, we will see who will cry.

edit: i want ot make sure you understand this, its noothing personal with you kontact. i use you as example cauz you are one of if not the only i see in fel. i agree that pots timers is bs but i think adding a cap to the damage a weapon can do would be fair to everyone and make the pvp way better, maybe it force ya to use your talent to kill poeple and not just count on your suit, bola and bow  :D i dont blame ya, as i always said,  **i play the game like its coded** and honestly i am building a x-bow lol cauz if its what it take i will use it too. but i think some little fixes woulnd rly hurt the pandora pvp comunity. we need a way that poeple can get in action faster, cauz at this point lets take it real. a new player commess to pandora he is roxxor pvper and be a awesome add to the server, he logs lurks around for a few days until he realize he wont be able to stand a chance b4 he farmed 100's of mil in resources to imbue a decent suit. what do you think the guy will do? alot of chances he logs out and looks for an other free shard. a review of the pvp system on pandora is a necessity if we want to take the server to the next level. i see alot of potentiel but there is still alot of work to be done.

my2cents, im out of this topic.

reg3131

I have to agree with old on this one i have been playing for4-5 months also and ive not once joined a PVP event because or how messed up the system is. There is not a day that goes by that someone tries to use [c to drag some new player out to fel just so they can get their jollies off i guess i mean what else would u do this for? You want better pvp but your not willing to give up anything to bring more people into it. Personally if i was a higher PK on the shard i would be willing to do anything to revive pvp on this shard, i once loved pvp till i get one shotted by almost all the reds. So heres hopeing something is done because like old said this will become a PVM shard if something isnt done soon, Which to me is fine since my guild is only PVM but there are times i would like to pvp or try to fight when getting attacked.
IMO the lack of willingness by PKs to adapt to bring PVP back to this shard just proves how lazy they are they just want to easy mode pvp, which is why kennedy has his signature of an exploit he got away with. If everyone had the script that godrick gave his guild you guys wouldnt be as God like as you think you are, lol pretty sad that you have to rely on a script and your suit instead of skill which is what made this games PVP better then any other. My input, granted im not in PVP now but thats not saying this wouldnt change if things were balanced a bit.

Kontact

this threads focusing arguement has changed from blabla winge winge kontacts bow, to bla bla winge winge cure pots, to bla bla winge winge script, to bla bla winge winge something something mage spells need to be faster, to bla bla comments from people who think pvp is dead who dont pvp.

you say you dont enter the dailypvp because of how retarded you think pvp is? how the fuck would you know if you never entered?

second, and i repeat pvp is not dead i kill people daily. third, my bow, mortal, my pots ARE NOT invincable, bomb beat me 1v1 just today to prove that.

the biggest and most successful thing that could happen for pvp would be to encourage fuck knuckles to stop being so god damn lazy cos they "cant be bothered farming millions worth of mats" that is not my problem.

if the noobs who are crying on this thread spent that time farming instead of talking out their ass, they could probably have a suit made already.

Kontact

this thread should probably be moved to the off topic section seeing as where its heading.

Kronen

kontact, you could share whatever script everyone says you're using and then what can they complain about?  anyone can, in time, build a suit like yours, so share the script(s) and then everyone can choose to be on a level playing field if your script is as epic as it's made out to be.

is it even ok to share euo scripts on this forum?  even if kontact won't, i've got a few decent scripts (not all for pvp but say farming donations to library etc) i could post from my old days on osi..  nothing tried and tested or used for years now, might need some tweaking, but it'd give people a start.

as for balancing issues, again i'm not recently or shardly experienced, but i'd much prefer what someone else suggested in an fc/fcr cap based on dex than an outright nerf to the more dexxery way of healing.

UOAddicted

Quote from: "Kontact"this threads focusing arguement has changed from blabla winge winge kontacts bow, to bla bla winge winge cure pots, to bla bla winge winge script, to bla bla winge winge something something mage spells need to be faster, to bla bla comments from people who think pvp is dead who dont pvp.

you say you dont enter the dailypvp because of how retarded you think pvp is? how the fuck would you know if you never entered?

second, and i repeat pvp is not dead i kill people daily. third, my bow, mortal, my pots ARE NOT invincable, bomb beat me 1v1 just today to prove that.

the biggest and most successful thing that could happen for pvp would be to encourage fuck knuckles to stop being so god damn lazy cos they "cant be bothered farming millions worth of mats" that is not my problem.

if the noobs who are crying on this thread spent that time farming instead of talking out their ass, they could probably have a suit made already.

maybe i can remind you who is posting the most and who is the cry baby noob in this thread
 :arrow:  YOU  :!:
 stop caring.

Domos

Thank you Kronen, Im glad someone noticed how easy a dex based fc/fcr cap would be and how much balance it would add. This way someone with 2s bandaids has fast hit and the quick heal but wont be able to use ss or lesser heal to suppliment it, someone with slower bandaids will be able to heal using caster spells but wont hit as fast. If done right we might even see big spells in pvp again. At the same time someone whos already capped from the dex would be able to use protection spell since they are already capped, adding another interesting twist to the battles.

Bosskie

Quote from: "Kronen"is it even ok to share euo scripts on this forum?g.
Would be a great post. Sorry Kontact you were singled out. I do understand updates are happening, so maybe then or soon after there should be a pollabout what should be balanced or not. maybe an ingame poll?

Kronen

Quote from: "Domos"Thank you Kronen, Im glad someone noticed how easy a dex based fc/fcr cap would be and how much balance it would add. This way someone with 2s bandaids has fast hit and the quick heal but wont be able to use ss or lesser heal to suppliment it, someone with slower bandaids will be able to heal using caster spells but wont hit as fast. If done right we might even see big spells in pvp again. At the same time someone whos already capped from the dex would be able to use protection spell since they are already capped, adding another interesting twist to the battles.

quoted for truth.

this would be such a good system with this one idea implemented.  the only cause for concern i see with it is that someone that plays a dexxer tamer but who tops up their pet health with magery heals might be a little..  annoyed.  but then i play exactly this style myself and i think it's an awesomely good suggestion.

Kennedy

But this is the point of having no skillcap...so you can use every skill to its FULL advantage. You knew this when you signed up on pandora. Dont put some rinky dink fc/fcr cap on dexxers (which would affect chiv/ninja/bush btw = fail) plus it would muff pvm all up with the amount of spawn at champs etc.

...unless you dont think dexxers should be able to do champs...hell why not make it a skillcap server while were at it?

...and with skillcap would have to come a stat nerf...then imbue item nerf so on so on.

THE POINT OF A NO SKILLCAP SHARD IS TO BE ABLE TO PLAY A HYBRID CHAR....and not be forced with the age old 'mage or dexxer' decision.

Bandie/pot scripts have been around for years and years and they can only do so much. The key thing about godricks script is that its reliable....its adjusted to pandoras dex/bandie speed. It doesnt have all sorts of useless formulas and calculations in it to slow it down when u need it most.

As for posting it, no. The script is godricks own work and not ours to post....that is up to him.

I think most people are just used to dominating as an OP pure mage on most servers and then come here and realize they cant suffice on pure mage alone. They have to add alot of other skills into pvp strategy, which may be hard to do after playing a certain template for so long.

The bottom line is this, you CHOSE to play on pandora,  knowing full well the caps/parameters etc. Pandora shouldnt have to change its major pvp functions to cater to a group of younger players whenever they snap their fingers.

...as far as the shard population downsizing, there is alot more to that, but this is not the thread for it.

That is all.

and Merry xmas  :D

Domos

Yeah it is a no skill cap shard and yeah we all came here knowing that, nobody said anything about a kill cap. The talk was about reducing the number of heals available to endgame builds. There are other ways of doing it, like a dex based mage heal reduction or a cap triggered by pvp combat only ...
 BUT If you want to get all jumpy about it: when I joined Pandora there was only the OSI gear available with the exception of the Robe of the Sand. Then a developer funked up and installed an unlimited imbuing system, a few people jumped on that and made some items that were ... unreasonable. Then, when the developer realized his mistake and a nerf was comming, those same people cried and got all pissy about it and managed to make those items new "norm", just slightly trimmed. Problem is those items completely unbalanced the game, Im sure the script everyone is talking about is a good one but the real reason a script could make such a huge difference is a maxed out life bar with 2-3 heals behind it, not the "perfectly timed" bs you are spitting out. This gear that should have never exsisted is what makes that possible, and unless it gets chopped (too late for that huh) there needs to be another way to limit how fast one could heal up if there is ever to be real pvp on this shard again.
 So YEAH, when I joined Pandora it was a much more balanced shard and the no skillcap had nothing to do with it. Way to redirect the topic though, are you in politics by any chance?

Kontact

real pvp?  explain to me what your idea of ""real pvp"" is?

exp fs combo to kill someone? gay.

try growing some nuts and adapting to the way things are.

balance on a no skillcap shard does NOT mean balance between mages vs dexxers.

balance on a no skillcap shard simply means that everybody has the opportunity via game mechanics to aquire the same equipment.

you too can have 150+ hp max dex and multiple heals. so stop yo fuggin winging,

Kontact

as for a pvp script. if you monkeys have not been to the euo PSL or know what it is......

step 1) quit yo winging

step 2) go to easyuo.com

step 3) make an acc

step 4) go to the public script library

step 5) pick one of the many pvp scripts up there nubs.

if you dont know how to do that or choose not to....your fuggin problem.

outluke

This thread was started to discusss possible necessary changes to Pandora PvP system. If you don't have anything constructive to say, or like it the way things are... fine - just stop spilling the hate and flaming others. Stop making yourself so self-important. Noone gives a rat ass about your suit or how you like to fight, on the same account you shouldn't tell people to adapt to your own playstyle. Just stop acting like narcistic douche.
On the other hand people who post here do care about clearly visible flaws in PvP system - the most important being the uninterruptable, no delay,  insta pot cures.
Please folks, don't flame each other and keep the discussion civil.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman