Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Will the PvP system be ever reworked?

Started by outluke, December 22, 2010, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domos

What Outluke said is right. For the record, its not that I cant make a suit and fight the way everyone is forced to right now, its that I dont really want to, big difference.

Xeen

It never fails -- more heated debate about PVP than anything else.  

I will look through this thread and see what can be done.
Xeen
Lead Pandora Developer / Co-Owner
xeenuo@live.com

Kontact

QuoteThis thread was started to discusss possible necessary changes to Pandora PvP system.

just because you deem something neccessary dosnt mean it is. so KMA! because i dont think it is.

QuoteIf you don't have anything constructive to say, or like it the way things are... fine - just stop spilling the hate and flaming others. Stop making yourself so self-important. Noone gives a rat ass about your suit or how you like to fight, on the same account you shouldn't tell people to adapt to your own playstyle. Just stop acting like narcistic douche.

this is what im saying, i dont give a fuck what you think pvp is or how you want it to be like. adapt to how it is or swallow.

QuoteOn the other hand people who post here do care about clearly visible flaws in PvP system - the most important being the uninterruptable, no delay, insta pot cures. Please folks, don't flame each other and keep the discussion civil.

read the fucking thread, i have already posted there is a damn delay. 1second, i.e. not "insta" (albiet close).

UOAddicted

wow kontact 15 post of rage, nice for someone who dont give a shit huh?

Kontact

i give a shit about pvp. not about nub crying bs.

outluke

Like I said, narcistic douche with no arguments, just bad language. How about you GTFO of this thread and stop crying?

outluke

Quote from: "Xeen"It never fails -- more heated debate about PVP than anything else.  

I will look through this thread and see what can be done.

Thank you Xeen. It's clearly noiticeable that majority of people who posted in this thread are calling for  changes, and only few individuals (that are just by coincidence in one guild) pretend that everything's fine.

Bathisar

Ok i've spent the past 30 mins reading through all the posts and i've kept quiet on this for sometime now but this is just ridiculus. First off, as La Mort, i don't think anyone would say that my gear is anywhere close to being the best on the shard and i have a 3.4s bandage speed. Second, pvp is an ever evolving thing people. think about it like this, if you tweak the system (i.e. cure pots, bangage speed, fc/fcr) good pvpers are just going to find a new way to be the best at pvp.  i've played on shards where its was pre T2A and the people would were good at pvp were still good at pvp. Third, EVERYONE and i'll say this again, EVERYONE has the ability to imbue items, it's not a grace from god that only the members of the KR3W guild and UO guild have this ability. Now some of you might say that some items were made either illegally or can't be made any longer. I don't deny this, however i'll say that if you had played as long as some of us then you would have probably have some of those items too and as the imbuing system changes again there will be newer players saying the same thing about your gear. All in all i'm saying this, stop crying, unlike most of you who have complained on this topic i'm actually taking the time to make decent gear and so should you. If you don't like the pvp on the shard, don't leave tram or join another server and complain about their pvp ways as well. If you want to make the economy/ pvp to fix itself. get rid of afk gathering resources bots and ban scripting. It's no secret that many players use scripts to pvp, (including myself) i.e. pot chuggers, bangage scripts or a combo of some helper. Most pvpers use it and it's allowed on the shard, my suggestion... get some scripts. www.easyuo.com. Now for those of you who say that you don't use scripts because that just "makes the game easy" tough luck. Unless Xeen or Konstantine comes on here and says that scripting is banned i'm going to use scripts, as does most everyone else who pvps. Like Kon said before this topic isn't an easy fix because once you "fix" the current system, i guarentee 3 months later, another topic will come up about how pvp needs to be changed again. Instead of trying to bend the rules to make them work for one individual, bend yourself to those rules and stop attacking people who do so already. Perfect example, A Silver Serpent, look at his armor; its not a completely imbued suit but made up of mostly artifacts. I've only seen a handful of players ever beat him... why? because in a match A Silver Serpent is a good pvper. He uses all of his abilities (including mirrior image last night) to defeat his opponents. Do you need awesome gear and scripts to pvp no... just get better at pvp and stop crying.

Bathisar

oh and outluke, the reason why the KR3W guild doesn't want the system changed is because unlike most everyone else including yourself realize that you can't just "fix" the pvp system. Its like a game of chess, you only see the move that is in front of you, you move that piece then you think about your next move. The members of the KR3W guild see multiple moves ahead and see the potential problems that will occur if changes in the pvp system take place. Also another reason that seems to be overlooked again and again is this.[i] WE SPENT THE TIME TO MAKE OUR GEAR GREAT. [/i] we poured millions of gold and boat loads of resources to get the items we have and newer players such as yourself don't seem to understand that. Why should we be punished? Here's an example: i made a dex bonus rune last night and here's what it cost me to make it: 1 rough stone, 5 essences, 1 relic fragment, 50 magical residue. 1 rough stone = 350k or an hour to farm, 5 essences = 75k, 50 magical residue = 15k, 1 relic frag = 600k, thats over a million gold for just one rune and that only gets you to 4 dex bonus, max is 8 so just for a dex bonus it costs you 2 mil gold. thats one property, whats the max like 10 props? so 20 mil per piece of gear at least, 10 pieces of gear, so 200 million gold at least with the new system. Most of us got our gear using the old system which was like 10x harder to get awesome gear. Can you start to see why we wouldn't want our gear taken away?

Mahavira

La Mort, you do realize that's Jackie Brown right? His suit is 10x better than yours and most people on the shard, stop telling him to spend the time to build a suit. Also, the dude wasn't talking about taking anyone's gear away, go back and read.

Also, about "the reason why the KR3W guild doesn't want the system changed," is that, "members of the KR3W guild see multiple moves ahead and see the potential problems that will occur." Now I don't want to put into question your obvious psychic abilities, but the only difference a delay of 30 seconds to cure pots would have, is to make people vulnerable to poison. So what. They're supposed to be vulnerable to poison. Why would weapons have infectious strike if people are meant to be immune to poison? The reason Kr3w doesn't want that changed is because they chug pots and use Xbows. I already explained why that's the only way to fight with this current system on page one,  synopsis: the only way to kill someone with a good suit, 2s bandages, and pot chugging script is with multiple, consecutive mortal strikes.

Bathisar

Mahavira, i'm not saying that we have any pyschic abilities, we just use our brain unlike yourself, all i'm saying is that we can clearly see putting on a timer on bangages and cure pots doesn't change much at all. So lets play some devils advocate here... in the world of pandora bangages have a cap of 4s and curepots and heal pots have a cap of 30 secs.... everyone's happy right? oh wait, i can still cure via magery, with 4/8 thats still almost an insta cast. so lets put a cap on that since i'm at the cap of 4s with the bangages... lets make it 2/6. that means you can hit me with more spells while i'm poisoned... oh wait no it won't because you now cast slower as well so you cast poison, before you can get your next spell off i'm cured and my bangages are already in the works to start healing me with your next spell. Now lets say if you don't hit the cap on bangages you can still have your 4/8. say you have to have a bangage speed of 6s to have 4/8. i'll still take that. i'll make my suit to be right at 6s so i can get that 4/8 because if i can cast faster than you i'll win everytime. if you want real teamwork and real pvp then don't bother with cure pots and bandies, make the server have a skill cap. 700 skill cap. That is the only way i've seen true teamwork and true unique playing styles. On every no skill cap servers i've played on its all the same, dex mage everytime. Part of the reason i joined pandora was because it was a no skill cap server and i'm sure loads of people would leave if that ever changed.

Bathisar

Also there are plenty of scripts out there that you can use which achieve the same effect as ours so an arguement about us having a superior script is just rubbish. Man or Astro is a great example. With our "superior scripts" it still took about 3 or 4 of us to take him down in a pvp fight. He doesn't have the script that we do yet somehow he managed to survive our attacks with or without our xbows.... oh yea he actually knew how to pvp. Mahavira you left the UO guild because you couldn't hack it in the war which your guild had started and you made your own pvm guild. I'd say do a test run to see how everything pans out, make the changes but just do it to duels. You will see yet again that changing the pot or aids speed won't change the outcome of a fight at all.

Mahavira

First of all, don't you dare say I quit UO because I "couldn't hack it" in a guild war. I left UO for other reasons, nothing to do with any guild war. The reason I started a PvM guild is to increase the player base. Nearly everyone in my guild is a new player, ALL are active, probably 1/6th of the active player base, by the way.

Don't talk about not being able to "hack" a guild war, you run from EVERYONE and refuse to duel, stfu. But Astro knows how to PvP and I don't? Seriously? You really want to go there? Just like a Silver Serpent is a good PvPer? You're a joke dude, don't bother posting in these threads, no one could possibly take you seriously.

Second, you're complaining that you have to heal with magery? It's an all-skills shard, use them.

Third, you say I can just chug too. We already covered this, read the thread, like you claimed to have done.

UOAddicted

Quote from: "Mahavira"The reason I started a PvM guild is to increase the player base. Nearly everyone in my guild is a new player, ALL are active, probably 1/6th of the active player base,

for the exact same reason i did not join KR3W or UO
soon pvm guilds will own pandora HAHA!  :P

outluke

I have to agree with the fact that you need to utilize all your skills to survive on Pandora. It's clearly visible that most people here are just bad at PvP (with few outstanding individuals - some of them already mentioned by La Mort) and have to rely on scripts heavilly to survive or "own" newbs. I never called for a total overhaul, I merely proposed few cosmetic changes (like increasing pot timers) to stimulate people to use "real skill" instead of EUO play button. Keep your suits, hold your temper.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman