Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Will the PvP system be ever reworked?

Started by outluke, December 22, 2010, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kontact

hold my nuts, hold my bow, pone some noobs.!!!!!!!

euo scripts have been around for fucking ages to automatically apply bandies and people have been using them on pandora since i started here.

the kr3w guild the uo guild and every other guild who dabbles in pvp.

the crying only comes about because some people may have a slightly better version of a script that other people dont.

boofugginhoo. :( :( :( :( :( :(.

reason i waste people in pvp is NOT my bow, not my pots, not my aids, not my suit and not my awsome good looks. its a

!!!!!!!!!! COMBINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chances are you dont have a suit like me, macros like me, a weapon like me, or look as amazing as me. there for u will loose.

solution? get a fuggin suit like me, make macros like me, get a weapon similar to mine, and get a makeover!

Jaxson

What if like me you have awesome gear, awesome scripts, way beyond awesome looks....and you still suck?

Oh right...craft weaps and just have fun.

Told you the crying would never stop.

Still hugs for everyone.

And corn dogs. I have an extra if anyone wants one cuz Aryia hates them

AKA-UNiX

What he said  :D  :D  :D

Mahavira

Awesome, since La Mort and Kontact say it won't effect the outcome of duels, lets add the cool down timer to all pots?

Kontact

only if the fc gets capped to 2 lol and darts get capped to 30 seconds aswel :) else.... ummmmm...... no....? poison darts are insta too quit yo winging woman

Bathisar

Mahavira you left the UO guild because you couldn't hack it. i might run when its a 3v1 because its stupid to stay around but at least i'm still pvping unlike yourself... didn't see you at the ice block event last night hmm... saw you complain on world chat about it though. you didn't need to leave UO to help the "player base" Couer is doing the same thing with a newbie guild right now and he still rolls with us. Now Mahavira please stfu and let the grown ups talk. Jackie Brown its just not that simple to make "tweaks" to pvp, i'm fine with change but is it going to make a difference in the long run? i mean check the forums from a couple months ago and you'll see a similar forum post about pvp; and yes i do agree with kontact, everyone seems mad because most of us in KR3W have better of what most everyone else has.

Domos

Wow, just wow, this thread was and is not about krew or any other guild, the only reason it got there is Kontact starting to spill out. You dont have any good arguments so instead you start getting personal and telling people to "stop crying". How about you stop crying, you have your "amazing" gear that youve "spent millions to make", nobody is talking about taking it away, it will still be great with the changes proposed. You may have to change the timer on your macro, hell, maybe even use the "cure" button once in a while or have to time a bandaid. But yall are scared of that arent ya? You know that once that happens people will be able to challenge you a little more and that hurts the ego, tingles a little bit eh? You would rather see the shard die then let it get balanced at all, kind of sad really concidering none of the changes would really impact you all that much.

Bathisar

QuoteKonstantine wrote:
lol -- oh people, everyone with a opinion.

You know they say this about PVP on every server? It's such a complicated system it cannot be perfect.

But the answer is yes, I have a test pvper, and I pvp with players to see things or find stuff that needs adjusted.

did you ever get hit with kontact's x-bow?

70 damage (i got 70 all resist) +2 hit spell +concusion and never miss
even do im 120 parry 120 bushido 180stam 65dci
i mean ohh weeeeeeee cmon lol      
nothing personal with kontact but i dont call that balanced pvp sry

really? not about a guild? this comment was on the first page. perhaps you should read the post again before spilling from the mouth. like in this quote kon said that he has a test pvper that does some pvp everyonce in a while to test things out. I've come to say what i've wanted to say and i know that whatever the gm's decide to do with the pvp system that a few months from now people will just want it to be changed again.

UOAddicted

fun part in this thread is kontact got forum owned by 2-3 of what he like to call *noobs* and is guild is tryng to help him save the face
but all they do is dig your hole a bit deeper yes sir you can build a suit and hit play on your scrips but i could quote all of your post in this thread
and it rly shows the limit of your capacity's

kr3w got forum owned buy *noob's* ubber intellect  :ugeek:

*owned*
 :o
 :x
 :cry:
 :?
 :shock:

Bathisar

Quotekr3w got forum owned buy *noob's* ubber intellect

really? ubber intellect you say? perhaps next time when finishing an insult you be sure that you know how to spell the word "by" and not "buy". awesome intellect

pwned :lol:

UOAddicted

Quote from: "Bathisar"
Quotekr3w got forum owned buy *noob's* ubber intellect

really? ubber intellect you say? perhaps next time when finishing an insult you be sure that you know how to spell the word "by" and not "buy". awesome intellect

pwned :lol:

wait thats all you found? a typo? off someone who dont speak inglish
haha find something better if you want to insult me

this is not a good place for trolling and flaming and if i was told by
staff to keep quiet and stfu id do it  but as long poeple will be allowed
to post shit like i read in this thread, insullt poeple etc i will play you stupid little game np

Domos

Hey  guys, you should talk louder, makes you more right.

Kronen

Quote from: "Mahavira"The reason I started a PvM guild is to increase the player base. Nearly everyone in my guild is a new player, ALL are active, probably 1/6th of the active player base, by the way.

yeah i'm one of the new recruits and maha and jackie are doing a great job helping a fair number of newer/less experienced players to the shard.  we are indeed active.  naturally this has knock on effects on things like the economy and player activity.  what these guys are doing is very good for the shard.  (i think old milwhatever's guild is similarly good for the shard.)  so, maha, ignore the cack being spouted by some people on here, we appreciate your efforts.

as others have said, there are some separate issues in this thread, but they're closely linked.  the argument seems to be that if certain things that are far more efficiently performed with scripts have a greater cooldown, it reduces the necessity of such highly tweaked/optimised scripts.  the counter being 'cry more, [but] we'll still pwn with our newly adapted scripts'.  well yes, but if certain mechanics are slowed down, the human brain's more likely to be able to compete with a script.  the imbuing resource system was changed because not everyone would know how to script/macro/use euo, to open up imbuing to a broader playerbase.

it's not that anyone's requesting a completely even playing field where nub can compete with a nearly 1 yr vet of the shard, it's just about opening up pvp to a broader selection of people.  there's a huge learning curve to uo for people that perhaps haven't played osi at all or for a while, or on other free shards.  with how fast paced pvp is with pros, a complete novice has little chance to even try out any combos of moves, let alone learn what works for them.  

i don't mean to single you out, but the supporters of kontact (who do largely consist of krew) seem to be putting forward short sighted arguments.  if you think a little more long term, and consider that you would in fact enjoy having more players to fight with,  to battle over champs and certain peerless, and own in the daily pvp..then it makes sense to broaden the accessibility of pvp.  it's not about bestowing godmode on people who haven't put in the time and effort for their stuff, but leaving a trail of breadcrumbs to encourage the new, the curious, the experimental.

it's taken me a long time to measure and think that through!  that is all.

Bosskie

nice, They don't call it vent for a reason, maybe a specific channel on the 'trillo? DOTA anyone?

Mahavira

QuoteMahavira you left the UO guild because you couldn't hack it. i might run when its a 3v1 because its stupid to stay around but at least i'm still pvping unlike yourself... didn't see you at the ice block event last night hmm... saw you complain on world chat about it though. you didn't need to leave UO to help the "player base" Couer is doing the same thing with a newbie guild right now and he still rolls with us. Now Mahavira please stfu and let the grown ups talk. Jackie Brown its just not that simple to make "tweaks" to pvp, i'm fine with change but is it going to make a difference in the long run? i mean check the forums from a couple months ago and you'll see a similar forum post about pvp; and yes i do agree with kontact, everyone seems mad because most of us in KR3W have better of what most everyone else has.

First, the reason I left UO didn't have anything to do with the "player base". I never even said that, I can see how you misunderstood (I should of put in a paragraph break). I left UO because a few people in the guild pissed me off and there wasn't a need for me to be in that guild anymore. I originally joined UO to fight P^M when they were the dominate guild and UO was the only one fighting back, but they were out-numbered and out-geared. When Gizmo quit, I left the shard too for a month, when I came back KR3W was chugging pots and acting like arrogant fools, so I stayed in UO to guild war with them.

Contrary to what you're trying to say, how I couldn't "hack it". We constantly called KR3W out, repeatedly, "PvP in Del" over world chat, time after time, even against even numbers, you guys NEVER showed up. I would always go looking for KR3W during the war and would even run up to numbers of you guys just to fuck around, because I was bored. Whereas, YOU ran from EVERYONE. Go ahead and lie, anyone from KR3W and UO knows you're full of shit. There was no reason to stay in UO because there was no field fighting (war) anymore, because KR3W were too big of pussies to fight us. As to who in UO I had problems with, It's no one's business who I had arguments or problems with, so I don't need to bring up the past.

I didn't go to the ice block, because I didn't want to go to the ice block. I said weeks ago I wasn't going to PvP until they fixed pots. I've made exceptions of course and I'll make one now. Fight me bitch. Duel or field fight, pm location in game. Back up your mouth.

Next, I created FoE, a PvM guild, because I wanted to help new players out. Originally, I was going to join NRNS to help out the new players. Then I saw Jackie in Luna one day and we decided to make our own PvM guild. I don't care how Coeur decided he wanted to help out new players. This is how I decided I wanted to help out the shard, and Jackie and I are doing a damn good job of it. (Just for your grammar nazi ass, who isn't even literate himself.)

Will nerfing pots make a difference in the long run? Here we go again, if it isn't going to make a difference, do it. Better yet, have ANYONE in your guild duel me without pots. We'll see if there's a "difference". Then you say months ago there's a similar thread about the PvP system and nothing is different. No shit, it was a thread by Stillwater (Top 5 PvPer on this server), saying that cure potions needed a cool-down timer. None has been implemented, so why would things be any different? Is that your idea of a logical argument?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman