Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Will the PvP system be ever reworked?

Started by outluke, December 22, 2010, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuemif Sampset

Quote from: "Mahavira"
QuoteMahavira you left the UO guild because you couldn't hack it. i might run when its a 3v1 because its stupid to stay around but at least i'm still pvping unlike yourself... didn't see you at the ice block event last night hmm... saw you complain on world chat about it though. you didn't need to leave UO to help the "player base" Couer is doing the same thing with a newbie guild right now and he still rolls with us. Now Mahavira please stfu and let the grown ups talk. Jackie Brown its just not that simple to make "tweaks" to pvp, i'm fine with change but is it going to make a difference in the long run? i mean check the forums from a couple months ago and you'll see a similar forum post about pvp; and yes i do agree with kontact, everyone seems mad because most of us in KR3W have better of what most everyone else has.

First, the reason I left UO didn't have anything to do with the "player base". I never even said that, I can see how you misunderstood (I should of put in a paragraph break). I left UO because a few people in the guild pissed me off and there wasn't a need for me to be in that guild anymore. I originally joined UO to fight P^M when they were the dominate guild and UO was the only one fighting back, but they were out-numbered and out-geared. When Gizmo quit, I left the shard too for a month, when I came back KR3W was chugging pots and acting like arrogant fools, so I stayed in UO to guild war with them.

Contrary to what you're trying to say, how I couldn't "hack it". We constantly called KR3W out, repeatedly, "PvP in Del" over world chat, time after time, even against even numbers, you guys NEVER showed up. I would always go looking for KR3W during the war and would even run up to numbers of you guys just to fuck around, because I was bored. Whereas, YOU ran from EVERYONE. Go ahead and lie, anyone from KR3W and UO knows you're full of shit. There was no reason to stay in UO because there was no field fighting (war) anymore, because KR3W were too big of pussies to fight us. As to who in UO I had problems with, It's no one's business who I had arguments or problems with, so I don't need to bring up the past.

I didn't go to the ice block, because I didn't want to go to the ice block. I said weeks ago I wasn't going to PvP until they fixed pots. I've made exceptions of course and I'll make one now. Fight me bitch. Duel or field fight, pm location in game. Back up your mouth.

Next, I created FoE, a PvM guild, because I wanted to help new players out. Originally, I was going to join NRNS to help out the new players. Then I saw Jackie in Luna one day and we decided to make our own PvM guild. I don't care how Coeur decided he wanted to help out new players. This is how I decided I wanted to help out the shard, and Jackie and I are doing a damn good job of it. (Just for your grammar nazi ass, who isn't even literate himself.)

Will nerfing pots make a difference in the long run? Here we go again, if it isn't going to make a difference, do it. Better yet, have ANYONE in your guild duel me without pots. We'll see if there's a "difference". Then you say months ago there's a similar thread about the PvP system and nothing is different. No shit, it was a thread by Stillwater (Top 5 PvPer on this server), saying that cure potions needed a cool-down timer. None has been implemented, so why would things be any different? Is that your idea of a logical argument?

I agree well said

Kontact

always a good laugh these threads i have to admit. tbh ive beat everyone on this shard 1v1 way before any pot script. (not saying im invincible or that people cant beat me because i know people can) but im just saying pots dont help anyone kill people they are merely like 1% of a defensive tactic lol. what beats you is my rapage suit, weapon, darts and spells to boot. even without pots i didnt die very much lol. but just because some like to utilize pots as part of their defence and others dont dosnt mean they should be nerfed. it means peeps needa grow a pair and get some pots too if they wanna hang with the big boys.

as for field pvp, pots no pots uber gear or naked we still will waste you cos we always roll like 3-4 deep to your 1. lol i could roll naked with a fs cursor and anyone would drop with 4 guildies also with fs cursors up. 99% of my field kills are simply from exp fs p. lol my bow hits like once (if im lucky) before people run off my screen and out ping me. lol thats the funniest part i run on a 400ping average connection and you have the audacity to reduce me down to what? mage cures where you know damn well a ping like that cant cure fast enough to counter poison spam. fuck that noise.

oldschoolzh

This is truely sad.

Devilhawk

Wow... for a new player who just started about a month or so ago, this thread is OP.  I mean rly?... I haven't seen this much heat even in the D@#*f@!l forums (don't know if I can post a different game's name or not.... not UO associated at all).  I'm just assuming here, but kontact is either under 13 yrs old or is a 30+ yr old basement dweller at his step mom's house, either way he still has his left hand to keep him company at night.

PM me if you want a fight in a true pvp game where you little script kiddies would piss your pants with so much rage, you'd log and run home crying to your momma.

Kontact

wrong and wrong im 23 lol but gosh i must say that was a very relevent and convincing arguement you propose...NOT YOU FUCKING TARD!

how about you fuck off back to whatever nubshit game u played and donkey punch your mum for giving me this infection.

Kontact

opinions schminions. probably the only person who has actually said anything of substance is kroenen, with regard to a cognitive comparison to script functionality.

not to sound like a know it all, (but i am) qual'd psychologist, cognitive to physical reaction speed in particular to a keyboard across most people ranges from 150ms to 600ms. this is simply the time it takes the brain to attend to, percieve/discriminate and react to an event. (less than a second).

delay may add to that caused by decision/judgement making, impaired or a deficit in cognitive ability, and/or stickyness of your keyboard.

beyond that is retrieval from memory of which keys you have bound to pots (if it is not easily excessable then you may get reaction delay from recollection similarly if you have keys which are similar or close together they may cause delay in deciding which key is your hotkey.

i would estimate that the average total time it takes someone to press a hotkey which is bound to drinking curepots would be between 500ms - 2000ms.

does the 1 to 1.5 second difference in reaction speed between someone manually pressing a hotkey and script really determine the outcome of a battle? no.

Cuemif Sampset

Quotedoes the 1 to 1.5 second difference in reaction speed between someone manually pressing a hotkey and script really determine the outcome of a battle? no.

In the fast paced pvp world Pandora has yes, yes it does .. Btw stop trying to act smart it is making you look dumb.

Kontact

no.. no .. no it dosnt. QQuemif. the insults and personal attacks do not strengthen your arguement instead make YOU look dumb. hold your tounge you can save it for my ass when i teabag your corpse next.

Cuemif Sampset

Sorry kontact I forget you are the shard supreme ruler .... Why don't you go choke on a chicken bone ?  Fuck off and die bitch

UOAddicted

no choke on my donation quiver  :lol:  :twisted: :lol:

Bosskie

Quote from: "Domos"Hey  guys, you should talk louder, makes you more right.
bump.

Bathisar

I love how everyone bitches about the same shit over and over again but here is the reality. The pots and bandage speed aren't going to change. They haven't changed before today and they probably aren't going to be changed anytime soon. If you don't like it, either one build your suit like KR3W's and get a pot chugging script or don't leave insula like most of you already do.

reg3131

Hmm im not in insula as much any more but every time im there all i see is afk PKs, or people trying to bait people into pvp area's. Theres no point debateing with people who are used to being Gods of the shard, they are never going to admit what they all know is true. That is all

Kontact

exactly reg, if all the pk's are afk in insula, then what is there to bitch about? nothing. the only reason ppl having a bitch is cos they come to insula and envy at the suits that these afk pk's have lol. and QQuemif is only winging cos hes asshurt. get some vasaline it wont tear next time.

Mahavira

That's funny because Jackie and I have nearly as good of suits as anyone on here.

Maybe we're QQing because the PvP system sucks?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman