Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish: Part 2 Time of Legends

Started by GM NollKoll, March 16, 2016, 06:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Ok, listen up folks ^^, I'll just lay it all out here, and write some more info at the bottom of this post!

-Core edit, some fixes to regions.

-A long waited fix for the super donation dye, can no longer dye shrunk pets, and will tell the player upon trying, to unshrink the pet and dye the pet itself.
Even added a small easter egg to the item itself, as a compensation *g*

-Gone ... trough.... all...the...frig**n mobs ingame.. all... all.. Remade the loot chances for most of em, most of em got a better droprate, one or two got worse.. But dont worry!
Dropchances depends on:
-Difficulty
-Availability
-The need factor of the item? IE how good is the actual item.. Why have a one in a billion chance with something "meh", when you can get the better version in doom or infested doom or whatever.
Items will still be rare, i mean, whats the fun on getting it every time!

-I have also remade the imbue ingredient drop rates on all minichamps and renowned and.. yea.. you name it..
Luck will NOT improve that you get an imbue, but it WILL improve when it drops, then you will get a shot at a larger amount.

-Infested Peerless & Infested Doom, base droprate of infested has ever ever so slightly been increased, BUT luck plays a much larger factor, or plays a factor at all, depending if doom or peerless. Peerless have never used luck, but does it now. A good Midas dagger could be worth it now :3

-Varios small fixes, stackable argon bottles, just a tad longer health span.. (now you know the drill anyway)

-General Goods Vendor: Will be placed in the goldsink store, next to the universal repairdeed salesman. Will sell ingots, bag of reagents, hides, bandages, everyday items for your thrilling hunt or your less thrilling crafting! The pricerange will vary, from roughly 50% more expensive the normal npcs, to a few percent cheaper.. Check in every hour to find the best deals!

-Something regarding a quiver? hmmm... Here At Pandora, we want equality among the races, every so slightly damage boost with a bow, when having a quiver. (untested, will be balanced to balance all tha races in a happy equilibrium)

-Infested will have a lifespan of 2 hours, so no longer the need to clean for others, and having a easier life for young players. (Let's call it, that the monsters immunity system have learned how to deal with it?)

-All infested peerless, and none peerless peerless bosses, ie mega bosses that might not script wise be peerless, but is peerless on osi, or well.. hard to explain.. Have a chance of dropping infested peerless arties.

-Ever ever so tiny increase of 125% scrolls, not sure if it will do a change or not. (i like em really rare)

-a fix to boats! woop woop, thought i could manage to add in cannons and all crazy stuff Vorspire have added.*

-Turtles, dinos, tribes and all sort of time bending things added! Thanks kon for giving me templetes, they will most likely need a buff in the future, but thats what a real live testing is for!* Most mobs drop Pandora Coins!

-2 new armor sets, kinda... special.. Get em from the small wild turtle dragons or wild tigers! (Only drops from those with over a certain amount of HP, wonder how they get that? (hint:Its NOT infesting em!)
The armor sets might be replaced with other sets later on, AND more sets will be aded later*

-The Big bad Dragon Turtle champ! It has less attack damage and hp then other champs... hmm.. wait a minute?
(Complete with its spawn)
The champ will drop 120 powerscrolls, or even 125% powerscrolls if it has been infested. I managed to do a ducttape fix to it, since it will neither be in felucca nor ilshenar... And the special loot it will drop will be changed in the future, onlything special it drops now, is a item bless deed with a small chance of it dropping.* turtle pets will be added as fast as i can

-The Land of Eodos will be Felucca rules, will do a crude region at start, need to learn how to script a proper region first.*

-a special test mob has been added, check the games RNG status.. Will be activated whenever we can coord. it with king kong. (Will create lag, and i need some numbers from the console itself).. Might be that some RNG might be flawed.. who knows?..

*I will actually go to Thailand very soon, some well earned vacation perhaps? Been stressing with the bits of my Thesis, packing and fixing shizzles for the trip among other things, and getting it all togheter and making a super patch.. ugh...  well.. Rome wassnt built in one day!

But i got so so so so much more in mind with this area, and mobs.. Nowhere as near as cool as i want em, this could also mean they will be deadlier when im done with em, and not only with strength and hp obviously..

-Almost forgot, fix for the starting armor (purchased in the newbie dungeon) they are now imbuable. (Fixed this, (among ALOT of other things) for a long time ago, then i had my HDD crash *sigh*)

Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

zaxarus

That looks fantastic, thank you very very much! :)

More feedback when it's there.

Tys

"My name is my name."

King Kong

Patch is in.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

blackmyst

I know I speak for some of the vets that we would like this to go in as quick as it can cause as of right now the way things are with spawn rate being slow or it taking forever to get keys that once we do a peerless and it takes forever to get a key then we don't want to do it again or once we kill a monster there is nothing to do so most of us just sit afk most of the time I love the game and want to play more so the patch would be great

zaxarus

Oh, well awesome, Noll said that he will be on tomorrow, too. :-)

I have to agree, Black.

We offered help with testing (a couple of times). Also I think that getting some new stuff and fixes are - for different reasons - more important now than ever. Maybe that's just us, i don't know. *shrug*
Anyways, Noll announced that he is bug testing and apparently that went well.
No one can change your mind Kon, in the end it's your decision anyway and obviously it is. So we're just trying here, can't blame us for being excited, right? ;)
Maybe it can work out if Noll is on tomorrow. It would give us something to do and also making us able to give feedback here and there.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Clairity

I would like to see the patch go in now. We have been waiting mostly patiently since the new content went live on Broadsword servers. Pandora is positioned as the most up to date non-Broadsword server. I the advantages of getting the content live as soon as possible outweigh the potential downsides if everything has been tested as far as it is going to be.

King Kong

I will patch this in. But some things like the TOL creatures might not be available right away along with other things in game.

So we still keep posted. The patch can go in, but as far as everything new in game, you might not see it yet. But it will be available for Noll to work on it before he takes his trip.

King Kong

Tribes are starting to spawn including the Dragon Turtle spawn. Here is a map.

Read about the tribes here:
http://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/world/the-tribes-of-eodon/

zaxarus

Thank you very much for all that work, Kon & Noll. :)

Very exciting so far, the Dragon Turtle Champ has a nice deadly feature... ^^

Also, interesting HOW to get the Armor Set Pieces, already got 2. ;)
(But not gonna say how this works.. yet. We had to figure it out.^^)

Thanks! And happy vacation to you, Noll!

Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

Would like to say 2 things, at work atm so can't write much.
1. Patch up to latest client, forgot to mention that.
2. I did not put up the info to tease you all, I put it up because I had sent the scripts to a box on the server, but king Kong waited to see if we both could be on at the same time to do the patch. Incase something bugs out, then I can easily fix it, send it to him and bam instant hot patch.
I got no access to actually do insert the scripts and I need alot of other access aswell.
As you prolly noticed, alot of the creatures is rather easy.. Hopefully King Kong can do a small small patch that makes em a tad harder... But The idea I got for em, is to be more unique, not mega damage and mega health.
But..

Yulack

That new boss killed everyone quite a few times the reflect could come down a notch or two and still kill people.

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Yulack on March 17, 2016, 05:16:02 AM
That new boss killed everyone quite a few times the reflect could come down a notch or two and still kill people.

Or the players could adept and try get around it? :-P
But..

Yulack

Idk maybe hard is good but that one is a killer for sure.

zaxarus

I consider it to be a riddle, like how to get armor pieces (and we got that one figured out).

So we know WHAT it does and WHEN. Now we need the way around that.^^
Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Yulack on March 17, 2016, 06:26:03 AM
Idk maybe hard is good but that one is a killer for sure.

After some talking, and general investigating.. i will make it ALOT ALOT ALOT more lethal vs players not learning how it works ^^
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman