Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Other interests..

Started by Mercathane, February 23, 2013, 12:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercathane

Feel free to delete if this isn't welcome on the boards..

I love UO.  I Play the heck out of it.  Sometimes though, UO just isn't doing it for me game wise or UO being a 15 year old game stuff happens.  This shard is great.  I appreciate everything the Devs Kon and Vorspire do.  For instance UO at least to me relies heavily on ping.  Whether the ping is bad due to my service provider or Pandora's doesn't matter.  I can't play.  I can advocate on the boards and remain committed to Pandora.  I fill my play time with other things.  I really hope for me the issue resolves itself soon so I can get more murder counts. :).

Ok so for any still reading beyond that wall of text.  What are some of the other games y'all play.  I have 2 360s and a ps3.  I don't have the computer to run top of the line stuff.  I do have an Alienware that could run chrysis on medium settings.  Stuffs come a long way since then but I don't know of much beyond bf3 that really taxes a system.

Any suggestions?
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Thatperson

sorry to hear about your ping issues dude, i think it must be your provider coz all has been well the last 2 weeks, even the need to reboot the server every now and again seems to have evapourated. Im 5000 miles away from the server and getting steady 150-250 ping which is enough to run as fast as the game allows.
As for other games, well i have 150 games on my steam account and barely play any of em hehe, the last game i really got into and completed was dead island which i recommend strongly. Alice: madness returns is suprisingly dark and awesome too but very system intensive.
I sometimes think my pc must get fed up with me just playing a 15 year old 2d game lol.
My pc is more powerful than a nuclear bomb :) a fully specced up recording studio with a £500 graphics card, 6 core behemoth of a processor all running through a 40 inch LED screen (hope im not making you too jealous :) )
Of course one can always fall back on good ol counter strike or if i have my mates in the room with me theres nothing better than a blast on worms!!
My top 3 games of all time though are half life, resident evil and metal gear solid, in no particular order and i prefer the original ones of them all hehe, im a purist im afraid :0
Hope to see you back with us soon geeza

Mercathane

yeah comcast seems to do this every few months or so.  They are my only viable choice in the area unfortunately.  It has cleared up on Pandora for me quite a bit.

Thanks for the response.  Sounds like you have an awesome setup. 

ive always been a fan of RTS games myself, warcraft and starcraft especially.

The wife and i used to play a lot of xbox live.  Mainly bf3 and borderlands..then borderlands 2.  Probably the last game to really grab my attention was dark souls.  It appeals to the stat head or min/maxxer in me..the pvp mechanics are solid but not as developed as id like.

I cant wait to see what they do with the next dragons dogma.  As someone who grew up on final fantasy and chrono trigger this game was truly the next iteration of where I have always wanted it to go..adventure wise. 

In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Mercathane

I would also like to see another game with dungeons and dragons online.  There is something about having 100% control of my character I always liked.

~Plutarch

Mercathane

anyone play on xbox live?

my gamertag is SeniorCPL

~Plutarch

Horns Nigel

Hey merc, yes I play xbox live   I also have comcast but no issues.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Dwarvey

The only other real interest I have outside of UO is my wife. 22 years married, and 4 children together should say it all.

She should be sainted for puttin up with me for so long.

Horns Nigel

Aye, thank god my wife plays UO occasionally, and puts up with my my gaming addiction, I also got 3 kids and 3 grandchildren, a very happy life and grateful for all...Nigel

Maximilliean

I'm coming up on my 20 year anniversary this August and luckily my wife likes to play video games as well.  I've been trying to get her to check out PandoraUO, but she is really into The Sims 3.  We also have a PS3 which when we are playing PC games we are working on completing Borderlands 2 again.
------
"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Horns Nigel

I used bribary on my wife to get her here, worked pretty well......Nigel

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin