Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

PvP With AI is it Overpowered?

Started by Electo Jason, September 16, 2013, 08:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electo Jason

Ok since the last patch so many people have been complaining that AI is to overpowered.

My advice find ways around it like everyone else has I just witnessed a dailypvp with 2 people using AI that lasted over 20 mins. If it was so overpowered this wouldn't happen "Thank you Drakania and Johana for the show"

Ways around AI

Curse your opponent= less mana,health,stam + bandage rate
Disarm=  IF person doesn't have the weapon duh they cant AI you!!!

Also AI hit chance from what I have seen is not to high to where you cant heal it off once and a great while someone will nail 3 in a row but it isn't common.

Lastly since the last patch the GM's have been saying expect someone with 50k more rating than you to beat you it is not always the case but it should be expected.

So please instead of complaining about things find ways around them
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

I'm gonna find a way around your Damn disarm Jason.  Lol....Nigel 
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Electo Jason

Quote from: Horns Nigel on September 18, 2013, 09:44:26 AM
I'm gonna find a way around your Damn disarm Jason.  Lol....Nigel

It is called hotkey you will still get disarmed but you can re equipt fast :)
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

Suicide

Yes, It is a little overpowered, but I have to say only in gank situations. 1v1 or 2v1 you can get around it. We have to be pragmatic here, as long as it's available, people are going to use it. But as Jason stated, there are plenty of options to stop spammers.

Admittedly, I use AI much more than I would like to, but I have to be realistic for a second. I'm a little more than a month old, most of my gear is hand me downs and I only have 2 weapons. Consequently, both of them have AI, mainly so I could adapt quickly to Pandora PvP and use the same weapons for PvM.  As soon as I can get a different weapon (executioner's), I'm more than happy to give up AI in PvP for good. I think it's cheap and doesn't demonstrate PvP skill at all. Any moron can push a single button repeatedly or have a looped macro running, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. True skill is shown elsewhere.
There are 4 kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy.

Islander

Drake11

as ive pointed out many times before and demonstrated quite frequently, the skill isn't in achieving the kill, it's in surviving, which can be more difficult. I think ai can stand a small nerf or the other abilities a small buff, but in the end ai does exactly what it's supposed to do... ignore your armor. The damage it does is scaled off of health so therefore it does alot of damage, but we have alot of health too. pvp still takes skill, its just how you use the skills you have that matter. There's always going to be one weapon ability that people whine about, it was mortal strike, before that it was para poison, and now its armor ignore. it's an ever changing world and this phase will only last so long. I honestly think that a nerf/buff to individual skills/abilities at this point would be a waste of time and resources as the armor ignore phase will only last so long.
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Electo Jason

Quote from: Drake11 on September 20, 2013, 07:53:56 AM
as ive pointed out many times before and demonstrated quite frequently, the skill isn't in achieving the kill, it's in surviving, which can be more difficult. I think ai can stand a small nerf or the other abilities a small buff, but in the end ai does exactly what it's supposed to do... ignore your armor. The damage it does is scaled off of health so therefore it does alot of damage, but we have alot of health too. pvp still takes skill, its just how you use the skills you have that matter. There's always going to be one weapon ability that people whine about, it was mortal strike, before that it was para poison, and now its armor ignore. it's an ever changing world and this phase will only last so long. I honestly think that a nerf/buff to individual skills/abilities at this point would be a waste of time and resources as the armor ignore phase will only last so long.

Don't forget about Disarm whining :)
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

I've seen whine almost everyone who posted here alrdy about this or that ability. It will happen again and again. There is always something.^^

Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

I would also like to point out that myself and another agreed to go without using armor ignore in this mornings daily and i can honestly say, with all the health, bandages, potions, life leech, etc available to us players, the armor ignore the way it is, is 100% necessary. Yes, you can kill someone without it, and someone eventually won, it was around a 15 minute fight or so. However, in the tiny little area that the daily takes place in, you cannot run very far to get away so it's even more possible to kill someone without the armor ignore the way it is. I can tell you with 100% confidence that in a field battle somewhere, wherever it may be, destard, spirit, wherever, that if no one used armor ignore, I don't think I would ever die. So atm I think the AI is necessary the way it is.

Drake11

Also, (sorry hit post by accident instead of starting new paragraph lol) I think alot of the complaining about is generated by the close confines of some of the battles, i.e. daily, ffa arenas, I think AI may very well be a little overpowered in those small spaces as the escapability is very limited. However in field pvp and some of the larger battles like broken moonglow/ctf, AI is most definitely not overpowered.

Horns Nigel

All I know is that I finally won in PVP, that's a first   lol....Nigel

Electo Jason

Well I proved my theory after going red having me going 2 vs 1 on people with AI and also 2 vs 5 with me and Silent Vs WSF.

IF AI was so overpowered and no way to escape how was I able to kill off every member of WSF in that fight and not die once?

It can be easily beat so please no more whining again if it wasn't AI it would be MS or Disarm next thing you know it will be Dismount :)
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

Your disarm is way too overpowered Jason   :P  .....Nigel

Electo Jason

Quote from: Horns Nigel on September 23, 2013, 08:25:28 AM
Your disarm is way too overpowered Jason   :P  .....Nigel

Right...How dare it do its job and knock weapons out of peoples hands!!!!

LoL
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin