Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Been here under 5 months? Need your advice.

Started by King Kong, February 04, 2014, 06:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

If you're a player who is relatively new to Pandora, I would like your advice on a few things as I am trying to streamline the new player journey more efficiently.

If you don't mind, reply:

1. What was some positive things you experienced when you came to Pandora? What are some things that made you stay?

2. What issues did you have when you first logged into the shard? It is a lot to take in as we have many systems and loads of content, but I'm looking for things that you really stumbled on your first couple days?

3. What could we improve on Pandora from the moment you log in and walking around your first day?

4. Anything you want to add, good or bad - As it will give me a better idea how it is when first experiencing Pandora. I'd like to add to the good things and change the bad ones. - This can even include things you ran into in your first couple months that seemed like to much of a struggle.

Thank you.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Mr. Giggles

Well the first things I had, not trouble with but just didn't know, was good places for starting players to hunt for the right stuff to speed them along there journey. I have a thought on this, the new player dungen should be open to new players for like a month and have chances to drop imbue runes, not matts mind you but a complete rune, wouldn't have to be full intensity but something to really help a new on the shard, player.

King Kong

GM NollKoll

Got plans for making a tab in the public gate system "For Young & New"
-a few areas to hunt at
-ressurection garden (res ur pet among other things)
-luna bank (i know there allready is a luna bank, but look at it in this way, before there were 7 insula locations in the public gate system!!)

and players are free to point out whats good for new players to be at etc

edit: good idea about imbuerunes giggles, possible to do it actually.. Imbuerunes work in a different way but i might be able to make it drop some random imbuerunes, up to 50-75% intensity
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Thatperson

a book that spawns in the backpack of all new chars explaining the multiple currency system, telling them to check pandorian settlements on the gate for arti room and coin houses etc, introduction the the chat system and Pandora toolbar, list of commands like [grab or [pm etc plus a reminder that theres a comprehensive wiki. just a small thing that saves them thinking they have to ask the question

Horns Nigel

Bring back New Insula the way it was, when I started it was the heart of Pandora, old players hung around the bank and new players fought the training elemental's across the river.

All the shops are there, and there were tons of players vendors, I remember thinking how great that was when I started....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

King Kong

Quote from: Horns Nigel on February 04, 2014, 04:22:10 PM
Bring back New Insula the way it was, when I started it was the heart of Pandora, old players hung around the bank and new players fought the training elemental's across the river.

All the shops are there, and there were tons of players vendors, I remember thinking how great that was when I started....Nigel

We have tried to bring it back twice, it doesn't catch on like it used too -- The main reason why everyone hung out there cause of training elementals. But people don't train near as much as they used too.

It seems like Luna is the place & I admit, it doesn't have the same feel as Insula... But yeah we have tried that just a couple months ago & everyone would hang in Luna.. New players felt lost arriving in Insula - At least they start in a town they know now.

I agree with you tho - Those were some glory days...

Horns Nigel

How about putting a gate right in the middle of Luna bank, a portal to New Insula, put an extra voting stone there to get the players used to going back there, maybe a good place to add some new special vendors that will only sell the new goods there?  Add some new monsters where the training elementals were.
It would be so great to get that town going again, I will commit to spending more time hanging out there, I am sure there are others that will too.....Nigel

Falada

I'd love to see our old new insula being used again. I really miss it.  :(
greets Fala

King Kong

Quote from: Horns Nigel on February 04, 2014, 06:46:47 PM
How about putting a gate right in the middle of Luna bank, a portal to New Insula, put an extra voting stone there to get the players used to going back there, maybe a good place to add some new special vendors that will only sell the new goods there?  Add some new monsters where the training elementals were.
It would be so great to get that town going again, I will commit to spending more time hanging out there, I am sure there are others that will too.....Nigel

Nigel, I am with you - But you know we just changed it to Luna 2 patches ago? - It was Insula with only vendors etc for 6 months.. Didn't work... But I will try.

Horns Nigel

TY Kon, I wasnt aware of that?  Maybe if we all help put the word out there this time it will be a success......Nigel

Saturn

I may or may not have been checking out other shards. There a few aspects on all of them that i really enjoyed and wished Pandora had.
1) Fishing bods; We have a zillion types of fish, why not use them. With useful rewards but not extravagant, like ancient fishing nets and deco, ocoins. This would bring back fishing!
2) Monsters need a tweak; They have like 100k+ hit points. No i don't think they should be easier, but take less time to do. I've missed [battles alot cause i was mid way through a champ or peerless and didn't want to skip out on the 15min of work i've been doing.
3) I saw a shard that a bunch of new spells that i've never seen on UO, i had to log on there just to check them out. They were awesome. It was fun to have something different!
4) I saw +5 hit (leech mana, health, lightning, whatever), tokens that can push a weapon beyond that 50% cap, can only have one on a weapon. Gives them something unique not every weapon would be the same as it is now.

...I realize these aren't new player suggestions, but it seemed relevant. The main thing that always keeps me on Pandora is the community. Of all the shards i've seen, Pandora is fortunate enough to have the best community (by far). I've been way some 2-3months, soon as people saw i was onlin i kept getting people greeting me. Amazing for an online game community.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

Ty for the new gate at Luna Bank, However that's for Old Insula, I was talking about putting one there for New Insula, wasnt sure if that gate was put there by mistake, but actually gates there to both places would work great as well....Nigel

King Kong

Quote from: Horns Nigel on February 05, 2014, 10:18:13 PM
Ty for the new gate at Luna Bank, However that's for Old Insula, I was talking about putting one there for New Insula, wasnt sure if that gate was put there by mistake, but actually gates there to both places would work great as well....Nigel

The New Insula has been going through map static changes from OSI end - Since we always have newest client, we had to get out of there as it therefore changes on our end. Sorry.

King Kong

Quote from: Saturn on February 05, 2014, 09:31:58 PM
I may or may not have been checking out other shards. There a few aspects on all of them that i really enjoyed and wished Pandora had.
1) Fishing bods; We have a zillion types of fish, why not use them. With useful rewards but not extravagant, like ancient fishing nets and deco, ocoins. This would bring back fishing!
2) Monsters need a tweak; They have like 100k+ hit points. No i don't think they should be easier, but take less time to do. I've missed [battles alot cause i was mid way through a champ or peerless and didn't want to skip out on the 15min of work i've been doing.
3) I saw a shard that a bunch of new spells that i've never seen on UO, i had to log on there just to check them out. They were awesome. It was fun to have something different!
4) I saw +5 hit (leech mana, health, lightning, whatever), tokens that can push a weapon beyond that 50% cap, can only have one on a weapon. Gives them something unique not every weapon would be the same as it is now.

...I realize these aren't new player suggestions, but it seemed relevant. The main thing that always keeps me on Pandora is the community. Of all the shards i've seen, Pandora is fortunate enough to have the best community (by far). I've been way some 2-3months, soon as people saw i was onlin i kept getting people greeting me. Amazing for an online game community.

Saturn we like you too much for you to be checking out other shards.  :'(

Good post. -- We used to have a fishing bod system or was working on one at one time, but you just reminded of how much I wanted it when I was thinking about it a long time ago.. Simply other things come up and you forget --- I will look into this. That is a big system that takes countless time to code from the ground, might be possible to trade with a shard that has the skeleton foundation for it, then rebuild it from there.

I also liked some of your other suggestions too - They def. open up some other avenues and get the creative mind flowing. --

Thank you all that.... And yes we do have some cool people here... We have more people than most shards for sure, others have more than us -- But I feel like we have a really solid quality about the feel of the community and the world they inhabit -- I've had other shard owners ask me what that X factor is, that subtle magical thing Pandora has, that you really can't pinpoint...
They think because we have more content than anyone.. No, it's the people. -- I appreciate you recognizing that and reminding me.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman