Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

housing prices

Started by Gray, August 12, 2012, 09:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray

Is there a plan to "fix" or change the "place" a house costs? I am trying to place a house, and the costs seem to make no sense. For example: a 11x16 with 1553 storage and 776 lock downs is 100500 but a 16x11 with the same storage and lock downs is 1100500...a million gold more for a different direction??

I also don't believe the monster gold drop supports the prices in the house menu.

Yes, I'm new to the shard....

Thank you For your time :)
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me.

King Kong

They have been like that for well over a year. They are adjusted with economy.

The gold drops are higher than normal. If you compare them to UOGuide.com you will see that.

It might look scary at first, but you will realize why we do it.  :D

Welcome, nice to have ya here.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Gray

But why the huge difference in price...same house...different location. And yes, the drops may be a bit above normal uo..but we don't get gems....and things like tokuno rares are controlled.

I don't mean to sound like a cry baby....I earned my stripes on Sonoma...and just want to play and have fun.

Again Thank you for your time :)

Synkara

House prices have been changed to keep the morons who load up house spots just so they can try to sell them for ridiculous prices later on. Happens when they allow 5 houses per account. Just save up for a decent location and if the direction costs too much...go for the one that isnt. All I can tell ya mate.

Gray

Well, that makes sense...thank you for your answer :)

sejindarkwolf

People can own several houses, so keeping them high maybe wise. Though I will say the land seems filled with to many plain plots those may need to be raised, but its no biggie. If you need help gathering some gold give me a holler and we can go kill some things, and gather some cash. You can also ask in guild who has a place to place vendors and you can sell things you gather like imbuing mats or make etc, or even gather these mats and sale via trade. Before you know it you will have a house.

Also if you need a place to crash I have a house you can be co-owened to use until you get your own place.

Horns Nigel

I hear this a lot about land being sparse to place large homes, I beg to differ, there are still a ton of spots on the shard in Trammel, Malas, etc.. and I don't even look for spots in Fel so I am sure there are plenty there as well.

If you are still having a hard time finding spots PM me in game and I would be happy to show you where to look...  Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Gray

Thank you to everyone who answered and offered help...I did place a house :) I was just confused by the difference in prices for the same size house in a different configuration.

I was not wanting to place a big house :) So What I placed is perfect.

But again, thank you all for your answers and offers of help :)

Synkara

Don't go by the size...go by the amount of storage. The more storage in your house, the more you will end up paying.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman