Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish - September 14, 2016

Started by King Kong, September 13, 2016, 11:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

PUBLISH - SEPTEMBER 14, 2016

Ancient Pandora Treasure Chest

This was designed by King Kon and coded by Player Drake and more additions will be added to it as we go.

Full New Chance System:
The Ancient Chests will drop randomly on the Eodon Villagers / Clan's Bodies. They will come locked/sealed. You will need an Ancient Key. Yes Eodon is Fel, but they drop fairly often and newer players can buy them from other players.

You can purchase an Ancient Key for it for 1 Pandora Buck at the Donation House. 1 Key for 1 Chest.

It will always give you a pretty decent prize at random from all our Shard Stores (P Coin, Ocean, PVP, Donation), and it has a chance to make you very rich...

It has 3 tiers on how hard and which items it drops.. Tier 1 will drop the most often, then Tier 2, then Tier 3...

(This list, please add to our Wiki also Flint, etc)

TIER 1 ITEMS:

Clothing Bless Deed
Weapon Engraving Tool
Pet Bond Food
Stable Stone
Ethereal Cu Sidhe
Blackrock Coffin
World Table
Rose of Trinsic
Guillotine
Bed of Nails
Wall Safe / Vault
Hooded Shroud
Zero Kill Token
Ocean Crest
Ocean Corpse
Ocean Energy Field
Ocean Dragon Head
Ocean Globe of Sosaria
Indestructable Smith Hammer
Indestructable Pickaxe
Indestructable Shovel
Indestructable Hatchet
Portable Anvil
Garden Shed
Skill Ball +5
Skill Ball +10
Skill Ball +100
Item Bless Deed
Pandora 5th Anniv. Painting
Potted Coffee Plant
Regulator
Power Core
Lava Rock Display
Rainbow Painting
Quiver of Attacking
Master Runebook
Portable Trash Basket
Soul Stone
Exceptional Donator Dread Flute
Blessed Potion Bag
Welcome Mat
Self Repair +10 Deed
Universal Donation Dye 1 Charge
1 Million Check

TIER 2 ITEMS:

Resource Box
Incognito Shroud
Ethereal Boura
Portable Soul Forge
PVP Shroud
Robe of the Sand
Davies Locker
+1 Pet Slot Control Deed
Weapon Exceptional Deed
Gold Fireplace
Portable Forge
Smithing Press
Sewing Machine
Green Fireplace
Water Quiver
Monastery Bell
Large Soul Forge with Roof
Skill Ball 1 skil to 125
Monster Tank
Dragon Turtle Fountain
Donation Water Quiver
Quiver of Life
Bank Stone
Everlasting Bandage
Everlasting Ammo
Everlasting Shrink Potion
Pet Skills 130 Deed
Linked Gates
Good Luck Deed 300
Blessed Reg and Aid Bag
Everlasting Enchanted Apple
Universal Donation Dye 10 Charge
Ethereal Tiger
One Mil Bank Check

TIER 3 ITEMS:

Donation Water Quiver
Oceanic Sandals
Oceanic Talons
Robe of the Sea
Gargish Robe of the Sea
Skill Ball all 125 Skills
Skill Ball all 100 Skills
Eodon Sandals
Eodon Talons
Shroud of Turin
Unholy Sash
Shrouf of Magi
Gargish Shroud of Magi
Pandora Shroud
Gargish Pandora Shroud
True Quiver of Turin
One Mil Bank Check :)

Battles Trophies

In light of Battle Necklace retiring, we have something pretty cool.

41 total trophies. The top 3 players in points each week on the [Battles will receive one of these at random.
They are great collection items and many players will sell theirs to the collectors. Collect them all!

(one is very special looking, it's just a hand cursor like you see in game)

Here is a preview of a couple (the name will also have the player's name and season # in the name)

Remember, you do not lose anything in Battles, you do not even die. Even new players you should do it.

Universal Dyes (Super Dye Room)

Universal Dyes have decreased in price by 80% so players can change their looks often. Costs: 2/5/14

The Universal Dyes now allow you to dye your skin. Have fun.

There is a new Universal Dye option - 50 charges for 50 P Bucks. Great for guilds.

Rental Vendors

Vendors for your houses will take WAY less gold than they normally would. Like very little.
Trying to encourage more players to use them.

Example - If you house is NOT commercial, he will charge about 60k per 10 million.
If your house IS commercial, he will charge about 3k per 10 million.

:)

Added Everlasting Bolt to donation house.

Oceanic Coins will now drop in SOS chests and Treasure Chests. The amount is 2 x (times) the level.

Please remember to type [Vote every single day.
Thank you.

- King

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Cuemif

Des Sanct

This is one of the most amazing patches yet to date!  So much excitement for players of all levels. Thanks King!

Empati

this is avvesome ;) thy drake and king ;)

King Kong

Ancient Chest / Key -- I am glad that so many are loving the Ancient Chest & Key system. Looking at the numbers for the first couple days and running more detail math we decided to make the keys to 2 p bucks instead of 1 -- Here is why: Majority of the time you will get a tier 1 item and 80% of those items are worth at least 1 to 2 pbucks, some up to 15+ P Bucks. Meaning most of the time you will get your money back or more. Now you might not get the item you want, but you can just as easily resell it for P Bucks or gold and buy more P Bucks. Not to mention, a decent chance to roll Tier 2 with prices 20 to 50 P Bucks and rolling a Tier 3.. Whoa... So I firmly believe that 2 P Bucks gives you a very good deal and shot, most of the time you won't lose. This isn't Vegas and the house definitly doesn't always win, we didn't make it for that... But we also have to protect the longevity of the system and shard. This new system will continue to evolve and thanks again for understand.

This doesn't mean it's 2 forever, I will try to get it back to 1 just might have to adjust a few items that are too easy to get for too much profit, etc.

Christoph

well, i did like it..... now its going to be impossible to open the chests that me and others who cant donate to get the keys, not only did you raise the price on the key stone, but these chests have made the price of pbucks triple, and its fel, alot of "ganking" is happening, its hard enough to really get chests and be able to leave the area... i've opened a few, and guildys have opened a bunch, no one has got something that great that we need all these price changes, it hasn't even been out a full day and the system has already been messed with.... i actually think its unfair to people who didnt get to open any, and everyone else who did get to open them, got to for 1 buck, ill say this to me its not worth almost 30m gold to get a pet bond food, and i've got that out of one already

Flint Fireforge

I personally like the chests. Will I open a lot probably not. I will try to open at least 10. I have seen some good and bad items got its a gamble. As someone said on Pandora's Discord the shard costs money to keep up ( its not a pay to win shard ) but there is upkeep, priced server costs lately? And I like that its got pvp going again, I pvp'd years ago on osi and was mostly pvm till a few months ago brings a different game for me. I understand if people cant donate maybe we can talk Kon into adding a key to vote tokens?? I do agree to that the price of pbucks in game has got stupid crazy I wont pay over 6 so if don't get any will just have to donate when I can. Thanks again Kon and Drake for a cool new item.
To be or not to be or to simply enjoy the game with good friends.

Flint Fireforge

One other thing some of the items that you get out of donation house are blessed to you now so if you get something out of a chest how can you sell or trade it?

Des Sanct

Quote from: Flint Fireforge on September 16, 2016, 08:26:28 AM
One other thing some of the items that you get out of donation house are blessed to you now so if you get something out of a chest how can you sell or trade it?

They don't come personally blessed when received through the chests. That status is unique to the tower it is purchased from.

Flint Fireforge

Wasn't sure des ty for clearing that up.

King Kong

Quote from: Christoph on September 15, 2016, 05:39:41 PM
well, i did like it..... now its going to be impossible to open the chests that me and others who cant donate to get the keys, not only did you raise the price on the key stone, but these chests have made the price of pbucks triple, and its fel, alot of "ganking" is happening, its hard enough to really get chests and be able to leave the area... i've opened a few, and guildys have opened a bunch, no one has got something that great that we need all these price changes, it hasn't even been out a full day and the system has already been messed with.... i actually think its unfair to people who didnt get to open any, and everyone else who did get to open them, got to for 1 buck, ill say this to me its not worth almost 30m gold to get a pet bond food, and i've got that out of one already

It's a risk / reward. If it's not fun for you, than don't do it. It's a item in the game that isn't mandatory what so ever, I figure only a few people would like the chests thing, but most seem to really enjoy it. My favorite part and the reason why I did it was not for donations, though of course every little bit helps. But the PVP it brings in Eodon. Some people just hunt the chests for deco and make really cool stuff with them. -- yes getting ganked sucks, but it's been a part of the game for nearly 20 years. Part of the risk is why it makes it fun for non pvpers if they have a good attitude about it. But we cannot prevent zero risk to make people feel comfortable 100%. It's a free will game, that's why it's still popular after so long.

As far as the P Buck surge is expected at the start...The economy will balance out, that's basic economics.

And as I mentioned before, 1 p buck (I know the math and I did the math) the shard would have took a major loss calculating it each day for a month with certain items that are easy to drop. I needed to see the average chests drop per day and how many times people open them, etc. A live test which I knew I was going to do. With 2 p bucks the shard still takes a hit but has a chance to balance out with small donations. But I plan as I said before that I will get them back to 1 P Buck again, but some of the tier items will have to be adjusted, so the next patch. Right now, some good items drop easy and are worth the 2 p buck chance, when I make change it will be scaled and worth 1 p buck.

-- People don't know why I do things sometimes because they are only looking at it from their point of view of opinion and wants, not the shard as a whole as I have too... As far as your 30 million for a pet bond food statement: You don't put a dollar in a slot machine and expect to get 30 back, majority of the time you lose the dollar. But sometimes you don't.

If it's not for you, don't do them. No worries. -- We are doing our best to balance it.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman