Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

The demise of the red

Started by Ladibug, November 21, 2013, 11:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

Tys and Falada have both been extremely helpful on the test server, they both idle in IRC quite often and that's the first place I go to ask if anyone wants to join.

If it wasn't for their support during testing, publish 49.5 would have probably been delayed an extra month.

There is no favouritism, I don't cater to any specific group or individual, what we aim to do is discuss the pro's and con's of every aspect of any given change as much as possible.
Unfortunately, the forums isn't extremely active and it takes a long time to discuss things that need done in a more realistic time-frame.
If more people idled in IRC, or just checked the forums for the "Test Centre" block that appears on the left during testing and logged in to the test (granted it's not always on-line when the lock says it is, but on the off chance...) then we would also be able to include their input too.

A few people have took the initiative to log in to the test server during the development of publish 49.0 to 49.5 and I appreciate everyone's contributions thus far, all you have to do is get involved, if you feel left out, jealous, guilty or any other negativity towards the fact that other people had their opinions heard and you didn't, it's because you didn't take the same initiative those people did.
We give you the tools, it's up to you to use them.

Keeblerboy

A few weeks ago at Luna bank it was announced for everyone to hear that "it takes a real man to stay red".  Less than a week later that guy was blue as well as his lackey.  We are all born into the UO world weak, powerless, poor and "BLUE".   It's a matter of choice to be red or not.   All the power to you if you choose that style of play and go red.  If you want to be red stay red and suck it up cupcake. Perhaps develop another character that is blue if you need to farm.  Be true to your word who ever you may be.  Not sure why my guild is being singled out.  Are we responsible for no more reds? The answer is no.  Reds made a choice to go back to blue. I don't care either way.  As far as anyone attacking us feel free as it's part of the game.

WSF had trouble with a red guild and it took us a few weeks to adjust as we are pvm primarily.  We did in spades killing most of them often.  I even went red from it 2 times from hunting them.   Not sure why I was flagged as a murdered from them. If you "WAR" on us and "CRY" murder.  Don't make sense to me.  But that's another story.   My longest stretch of being red was for a weekend.  Both me and my guild leader went red from hunting and killing a war guild.  I personally don't care to stay red as it's not my play style.  I like helping newer players out and being red is not the best way to introduce yourself to a newbie.

Solo(Echo) perhaps you should finish tiering up your gear and better imbue and equip yourself.  Maybe then you will have better success in making your kills.   If you want your voice heard try posting on the forum in the suggestion/idea area.   Many people do all the time.  Some ideas are accepted.   For example  Tier EXP was my idea and Vorspire ran with it and made it an imbue.    I have played with you on and off for 2+ year and know you are knowledgeable about the game.   Instead of complain about WSF help make the shard better by stepping up and "Make" your voice be heard!

BTW reds come and go but PVM rules!   lol     "It takes a real man to stay red."  Guess he wasn't. 

Keebin it real

Drake11

lol this thread is so full of win
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Walker

QuoteReds want easy kills? I'm always in T2A. Come kill me, take my head, make funny BizKits comments. Enjoy the one fishsteak you will find on my corpse. Guess what? I won't even rage about it, because it's part of the game.

I shall look for you!  ;D

Horns Nigel

Hails Drake, Long time no see  :o....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Electo Jason

WSF misses me and drake hehe
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Gasper Le Marc

NECRO BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back fell rule sets too outside luna walls, Bring back vendor fun and theft :)

Making it very hard for me to make a living again

Good day
Legendary Thief of Pandora

zaxarus

Quote from: Gasper Le Marc on February 16, 2016, 10:34:05 AM

Bring back fell rule sets too outside luna walls, Bring back vendor fun and theft :)

Good day

I support this. Malas / Umbra (including Fan Dancer Dojo which is actually Malas and not Tokuno / Doom & Doom Gauntlet!) should be Fel again. One Tram ToT Dungeon (Yomutsu) is enough.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Gasper Le Marc

Quote from: zaxarus on February 17, 2016, 04:12:28 PM
Quote from: Gasper Le Marc on February 16, 2016, 10:34:05 AM

Good day

I support this. Malas / Umbra (including Fan Dancer Dojo which is actually Malas and not Tokuno / Doom & Doom Gauntlet!) should be Fel again. One Tram ToT Dungeon (Yomutsu) is enough.

^this would be <3
Legendary Thief of Pandora

Flint Fireforge

We have enough Pvp Zones as it is any more and just gonna be running off more players.
To be or not to be or to simply enjoy the game with good friends.

zaxarus

Quote from: Flint Fireforge on February 28, 2016, 07:06:06 PM
We have enough Pvp Zones as it is any more and just gonna be running off more players.

I strongly disagree. Players left when more zones became Tram, not the other way around.
There is no need for more zones being Tram so everyone can farm peacefully and hoard items and stuff.
Why would anyone leave just because a zone is in a Fel ruleset? I don't get it.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Keeblerboy

I also strongly believe that the new lands should be Fel rules for sure.  Our shard is not a pvm shard and has never been.  We have no pvp at all unless you consider the people who kill their guildies alts to get a pvp title (you know who you are and so do we) lol but that's another story.  New, better items are going to be coming from the new areas and it makes zero sense to make it tram rules.  For anyone who is asking or begging to make it tram rules, when was the last time you were even attacked in Fel?    Some excitement would be nice for a change. Besides that is what guilds and allies are for.  Flint mentions Fel rules will run people off.  I disagree.  If you don't want to possible get killed then don't go.   With greater risk you should get greater returns.  If this area gives lots of new and better thing, mats etc and it was tram rules why would anyone go to fell or ilsh and then all pvp would be dead and then people would leave.  Don't get me wrong, my preference is pvm but the threat of pvp adds so much more to the game like it or not.  We are also trying to attract new people to a pvp/pvm shard not a pvm shard.   Just sayin...

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman