Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

*Ended* Pet Collectors Competition/Event

Started by GM NollKoll, May 31, 2016, 05:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Ok, rewards havnt been given yet, but
after checking the top 3 scores, for faulty pets and correct claimed amount of pets.

But
third place is split between Empati & 6 Feet Under, since this so rarely happends, ill let both get third price
second price is for Mesmerize, which means that 2pac wins! Congratz!

Rewards will be distrubted shortly, waiting on a few replies, and those that participated and said their score on the forums will get a participant reward aswell!

Pet event has ended! Counting begins, please post the amount of pets you have tamed in here, and after a few days when it seems like everyone has included their score, i will check and see so its the correct number.
Please tell me how many of each pet you have tamed, will make it alot easier for me. (Pretty sure i will have the normal pets as 1 point, and the other as 2 points).. Remember, only pets yourself have tamed counts!
for example a list could look like this:

Tropical Ostard:           5
Faded Rainbow Ostard: 7
Painted Ostard:           3
Ice Steed:                 3
Raging Grizzly Bear:     2
Greater Dragon:          1
Dreadmare:                1

Feel free to copy paste that list, and change whatever number of pets you have tamed

new info down below, but its live! See for the orange global broadcasts on when a rare creature spawns!

Also, a 3-day semilasting shrink potion vending stone has been added to Luna, almost free (500 gold)

Kinda hard to bring up a good name for this, but for the vets out there, it will work KINDA like the racoon event i had.. kinda! (will explain more)

When i work out all the kinks n stuff, i will say when it will start for real, but heres the deal:

A old almost extinct pet, like raging grizzle bears or ice steeds or rare ostards, might be some of em, might be all of em, and perhaps some random i do just for this event!

What i have in mind, is that one spawn per hour, on a random location, anywhere in the world, where upon a broadcast will go out, and say something like "A raging grizzle has spawned somewhere in lost lands - trammel"

The pets that will spawn, will all have a unique event title, which cannot be changed by players.
And the pets will also have extremly low taming skill required, so most players can join in.

The one that collects the most pets from this event, wins! Will work on some nice deco items, and possible a super donation dye for the winner, with 1 charge (which i hope will go to dye a pet, since i fixed the dyes emself, so you can do that now =P )

Rules:

-You MAY NOT trade pets, since i will take a look on whoever tamed it. (yes, there is a hidden property i can check)
-You MAY kill the pets someone else is taming, ofcourse you will be labeled a big huge douche, but its a competition! (Which means, you dont need to find it first, you need to find it, tame it and bag it before anyone else arrives!)
-You MAY place out fakes in the world, as in, naming a normal bear or whatever into "a raging grizzle bear IEVENTI" if the spawned bears are named "a raging grizzle bear [Event]", tactics folks, might work to slow the opponents down!

Feel free to post suggestions on which oldie pets you want to see again! (Ofcourse old donation pets wont be added)

edit 1: I will include shrink potions for everyone for a cheap price (a time limited shrink potion, not a single/multi charge one)

new info!

Got it up and running now, the spawning will be of a specific sequence, will write it up later on, but each spawn is up for an hour, before it dissipears (if noone tamed it), then it starts with the other spawn.
There is a few exceptions to the sequence, and that is the rare spawn of greater dragon and dreadmore (not nightmare). The greater dragon will spawn in either purplish or reddish form, and can have slightly better hp then the other ones, but just slightly.
The greater dragon will have a 33% chance of spawning upon the end of the normal sequence, otherwise it will restart, and the dreadmare will have a 33% chance of spawning AFTER the greater dragon.

Unsure of what kind of point system i will have for greater and dreadmare, if they were to be worth "more" points then the others.

But this is atleast certain, that you cannot buy yourself into victory this time, since i can see who tamed em.

Might make a map on roughly in which area they spawn in, but now im far too tired.

also, each pet got a low  taming skill, 30 for the regulars, and 80 for the rarer ones.

Also event is in trammel/tokuno/ter mur/malas (worth mentioning since the spawns can spawn in lost lands, which excists in 2 maps, ie trammel n fel...

and there will be only 1 pet up, at any time.. just to be clear
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Flint Fireforge

My vote for old pet return would be an ice steed. Sounds like a cool event Noll..
To be or not to be or to simply enjoy the game with good friends.

Empati

ice steed is not old pet,i did tame it just 2 vveeks ago,my vote for ragging grisly bear and cu shide ;)thx for the event

GM NollKoll

i know that ice steed spawns, but can be quite rare, but raging grizzly is in.. and ofcourse, only the pets that got the event title is worth "any points" later on
But..

Flint Fireforge

Christoph

i'd like to see the shimmering sea serpant brought back, i've only seen it once, the entire time i've played here, but was thinking it'd be too close to a donator pet, but you could always lower the stats to be like the other pets, or just make it more rare to spawn, its technically not a donator pet, but it has the stats of a doni pet....
other than that, this is a great event noll ^^

Miki McNaughty

Very late last night Malinari and I  found the first Dreadmare. I have 125 Lore and Tame and Malinari similar in skills. Upon attempting to tame it, both of us could only accomplish "You anger the beast" while it was Peaced and unfortunately it was killed by me. Can you maybe double check its tame value??  Odd that neither of us could get into tame with it.

Thanks  Miki
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

GM NollKoll

the dreadmare had its skill unchanged yesterday, but its fixed now. did a typo.. so the GD and DM should be at 80 minimum taming skill, and the rest at 30
But..

2pac

this is how many pets I got during the event.

Rare greater dragon: 20

Rare dreadmare: 4

Faded rainbow Ostards: 5

Rare ice steed: 5

Raging grizzly bear: 5

Tropical Ostard: 2

Mesmerize

Mesmerizes Event Tames

Tropical Ostard:            8
Faded Rainbow Ostard:   8
Painted Ostard:            13
Ice Steed:                    8
Raging Grizzly Bear:      1
Greater Dragon:            2
Dreadmare:                  4

Boondox

tropical- 2
faded-1
painted-1
ice-1
Dread-1
Grizzled bear-1

tika

Flint Fireforge

Empati

ice steed ; 1

greater dragon ; 2

painted ostard ; 2

tropical ostard ; 1

a ragging grizzly bear ; 2

dreadmare ; 4

Mesmerize

I AM POSTING THIS FOR 6 FEET UNDER, AS THEY HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING ON FORUMS

6 FEET UNDER EVENT TAMES
Tropical Ostard:            1
Faded Rainbow Ostard:   3