Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Challenge to Vets

Started by Clairity, January 30, 2017, 11:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clairity

How long have you played here? I was chatting with our guild members yesterday. I was looking for Spellweaving Scrolls for a gargoyle I have been working on, as I had just completed the quest. I remember some vendors having them a year or so ago, but I ended up having to go hunt for the scrolls I needed. I pointed out that I run a pet vendor inside the Luna walls. I don't make a lot of gold, but I know when we get new players on Pandora. New players buy pre-bonded Greater Dragons. I sell most of them for 125k or less. I keep it stocked because I know newer players will need them. There is also a jewelry vendor beside my pet vendor. I keep some over capped stuff and lots of skill jewelry that new players might need for skill training. I don't make a ton of gold, but, again, new players need them.

I didn't mean for this to turn into some giant advertisement. I want to challenge each of you to put up a vendor. Price your stuff fair, but put items that you are not going to make a ton of gold on. I know some people are doing this already. Thanks to all the people putting out low end power scrolls, rune books, etc. But we need more. We need to make sure every new player can earn what they need the first few months. Want a nice bonded pet? 125k is not that hard to get on Pandora. A new player can buy the pet for a fair price and feel like he or she earned it. Need another rune book, 110 power scroll, taming ear rings to control a new pet, or what ever a new player might need? We should be making sure that all the stuff that us veterans are mostly way past needing is out there for a fair price.

Put up a vendor you never plan on turning a huge profit on. Pick some niche that nobody is serving. Help us keep the new players when they try us out. We shouldn't lose players because they can't buy simple things because we are above making 10k a week on a vendor.

It is also good business. Those new players will become veterans if they stick around long enough. Then we can sell them that set of tier 5 arms or what ever. :)

Platypus

Its going to take me a while before I get on my feet here due to full time college and work, but I'm going to have a pet vendor. I plan on having cheap, disposable pets for those that wish to hunt right away or don't have a bonded pet. I also intend to sell you're typical favorite, higher end pets at a very low price. The idea of this is to get any traditional pet for 10k and under!!!! All pets will be sold GM'd. For an extra cost, a pet can be requested to be sold bonded as well as GM'd. A few examples, among many others:

Drakes, Swamp Dragons, Hell hounds would be for 1000
Ki-rins, Unicorns, Bake Kitsunes, Nightmares, Skrees would be for 5000
Dragons, White Wyrms, Rune Beetles, would be for 8000
Reptalons, Hiryus, Cu Sidhes would be for 9000
Greater Dragons would be for 10000

The concept for this would be as you would have normally bought reagents before hunting, you'd buy a pet instead. If it dies, return for another available pet. This would be a great way for people to find a pet combo they enjoy too.

Any thoughts?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]