Please log in.

Publish 43 - January 10th, 2013

Started by King Kong, January 10, 2013, 10:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Publish 43 - January 10th, 2013

VOTING

- Added a new voting system.

- Voting is now a window in the game. Type [Vote to vote for each site once a day, or click VOTE [NEW] on your toolbar. This will make it much easier for you guys to vote... and the best part....

NEW CURRENCY: VOTE TOKENS

- Each time you vote, you will get a little blue coin for each time you vote. These are called Vote Tokens.
*Like the Pandora Coins, Sea Coins, PvP Coins, this can buy special items. Save them, we will be placing many great unique voting items on a stone/vendor/window soon... Most likely next patch.

TOOLBARS

- All Toolbar configurations have been reset. If you want to make them custom again, do so.

- Some wording changes.

- Now has the new VOTE [NEW] Button for the New Voting System

MISC.

- Conflagration, Explosion, and Confusion Blast Potions will now only affect targets once per tick. (major nerd to the conflag glitch)

- Enemy of One notoriety fix, mobile should appear orange instantly instead of waiting for them to move.

- Void Orb drops on Korpres raised slightly.

CHAMPIONS

- Champions now have a 5% chance to award a 120 Powerscroll. This is much better than it was & much better than what it is supposed to be. It seems low, but you should see the difference.

- Cleaned up the code for Special Scrolls & Champions.
* This includes loot, which removes potential item leaks and ensures you get a reward if one is due, even if it means it drops at your feet.

BATTLES

- The Battles System: The [Battles command will now list all battles on first page instead of by category.

- The Battle Necklace is back for reward. Since Seasons go very quickly now, only the first place person will get it. (he/she can sell it to other if he starts getting several) -- This has +3 FC, a great looking graphic (a hanging cross, totally unique) and is Imbuable.
*It should also have your name engraved on it. No we are not currently making it so you can remove the name, as it is no different than a maker's mark on crafting things.

- The other 9 Runner Ups in Battles will each get 10 PvP Coins

*Note that we are collaborating on some other pvp rewards, this is just temporary.

- You should have noticed there are some new Battles

*Remember, all players should join these as much as possible. PvPers, Non-PvPers, heck even Young players. You lose nothing, it only takes a few minutes, and everyone gets a PvP Coin for trying. They are completely risk-free & safe.

Another patch should come fairly quickly. It will focus on more of your guys suggestions on forums & new items in game, like the shed, etc.

----
<3 Your King

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Wraithe

Arcane Librarian of WSF, Veteran returning to the fold slowly but surely, Nice guy and helper, PM ME TODAY IF I CAN ASSIST YOU

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

sebastian

TheGrimReaper

Thank you Kon and Vor. This Conflag nerf will probably get more PvP now too :)

dollpartz

Thank you gms for working hard to make this game more pleasurable for us <3

TheGrimReaper

I'm very sad to tell this but, i couldn't barely notice a big change with the Conflagration potions :(

King Kong

Quote from: TheGrimReaper on January 10, 2013, 02:04:16 PM
I'm very sad to tell this but, i couldn't barely notice a big change with the Conflagration potions :(

They shouldn't keep ticking to interrupt like they used too..

Try it out for awhile -- in the field.

If there is still an issue send Vorspire a message & will be a 10 second fix

Mercathane

Big ups on the new voting method.  As far as conflagration pots I'd just assume nerf em further or remove them.  But thanks for the hard work.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Johana

Peeps are going to hate me for this:
I think 5% chance drop rate for 120 power scrolls is really high (too high).  Sorry guys.  Might I make a suggestion on introducing scroll binders back into the game.  That way the players can save and trade 115 to make a 120.  It has the added benefit of eating up extra 115 power scrolls from the shard and or lesser ones too.
Again don't hate me for this guys but I'm just trying to point out an alternative to increasing drop rates (5% is crazy high).

Johana

Btw just a warning Ill be champing this whole weekend 24 hrs a day, no sleep and I'm bringing a bucket.   

Mom! more hot pockets!

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

King Kong

Quote from: Johana on January 10, 2013, 08:59:04 PM
Peeps are going to hate me for this:
I think 5% chance drop rate for 120 power scrolls is really high (too high).  Sorry guys.  Might I make a suggestion on introducing scroll binders back into the game.  That way the players can save and trade 115 to make a 120.  It has the added benefit of eating up extra 115 power scrolls from the shard and or lesser ones too.
Again don't hate me for this guys but I'm just trying to point out an alternative to increasing drop rates (5% is crazy high).

Aye I agree & think you for having the best interest of shard in hand.

There is a huge need for them right now & not many at all.

We will let some new players get rolling, etc (gives vets something to do, gives some thing to people building their character)

Remember at the end of the day they are work, effort made, there are lots of skills to go around.

I can justify it right now by the no skill cap & having to eat them in order. :)

King Kong

Quote from: Mercathane on January 10, 2013, 08:08:08 PM
Big ups on the new voting method.  As far as conflagration pots I'd just assume nerf em further or remove them.  But thanks for the hard work.

Play with them more & you will find them perfect.

They do what they are supposed to, if someone stands still ya it hurts. But it's like it was before, rapid, etc. Just move out of the way.

They are more tactical & takes a set of skills & timing now, as opposed to be straight OP.

We're still keeping our eye on it.

Practice them in the field this week & I think you will see what I am saying.

Mercathane

Im glad about the scrolls.  It will take some time to scroll out one person, yet alone a guilds core group of players taking turns on em..turning in junk ones 2-1 for a chance at something worthwhile also.  5% seems high but when you consider that there are a tremendous amount of desirable combat skills, magery of all type skills, etc. and its a reason for guilds to champ. 

Its also a reason to wait in the star room and kill noobs. *cough* :P

My personal reason for being against the conflag pots is this.  your in a good scrap with someone..its lasting awhile..good counters..ok conflag conflag confag..it just becomes a cheap out unto itself.  My testing has all been done in [battles however.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]