Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

The Darkness - done! (PvM) 20th july 2013

Started by GM NollKoll, July 09, 2013, 08:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Gonna build this somewhat soon, dunno when this will be up, this weekend or the next.
(had a "lil" accident when i was done trimming some hedges irl, when i was done, fell and landed with my left arm over the hedge trimmer, nice blood covered arm  8) wish i took a picture.. i think its ok now, but will take it a bit more chill the following days =P )

I will not release much info about this event, except the only rule, bring no lightsources :3

Also a few warning messages about the event to come;
If you are to attend, you might be afflicted with the following:

-Anxiety/Anxiety Attacks
-Sudden urge to
1. feral screams from your bottom of  your lungs
2. the need to shout for your Mom/Dad/Parants/baby blanket
3. sleep in fetal position and sucking your thumb
4. break out in laughter*
5. Play games like slenderman, amnesia or fear to relax a bit.
-Paranoia as in:
1.Who/what grabbed my wrist?
2.Is there anybody out there?
-And other extreme fear related symptoms.

*The chanses of breaking out in laughter is a 98% probability but only for 1 victim.. Me... as a observer/event host.

Edit: Also, 2nd rule, have your speakers on loud, muhahaha

Edit2:
New information regarded the event, it will consist of a simular way a champion spawn works, but no drawbacks for not killing a creature in time. There will be 3 spawns at the same time, so go badass and kill everything and end up with 3 bosses, or try keep your wits around, fight em one by one?

Rules:
-NO PETS! (pets will be engulfed by the darkness or teleported and perhaps mis-treated with a bowl of old water.. who knows..
- As i said before, try keep your nightsight items off, atleast in the beginning, worked hard to make an awesome entrance ^^,.. It will not help you later on, trust me =P And if u got a elf, well if u have a garg or a human thats simular outfitted, try bring that instead.
- Do not ask why its so dark, do not ask why you cannot see, do not ask if i could make it brighter and easier for you to see, do not ask and check if your computer is broke, it will be dark... rly dark..

Other info:
-Hopefully this saturday, ie tomorrow. Around same time i usually pull out my events, around 4-7pm ET, depending on player amount ingame, and if they vote for earlier event, i could prob. start earlier.
-This event may take a short while!, so do not join if you havnt got time to spare!
-Take screenshots! =P
-Remember to take your bloodthinning medicine before doing this event.
-Everyone will get a participant reward in the end, but try help our newly joined friends to the loot if they so wish!

-There will be 3 braziers, each for each spawn, when one is lit, that spawn has been cleared, so when 3 braziers are visible, then its done ^^

Last Edit?:
Hope you all had fun, it might have been rather crazy not seeing anything at all, and having to complete 3 unique champion spawns at the same time hehe.

Spent alot of time decorating the small room you first entered, it shadow effects was actually tiles with different hues, who thought of that when they entered? =P

The spawners itself took their time aswell, but first time i did a sequential champion spawn kinda thing, im learning the xmlspawners step by step, so next time it will perhaps be even more awesome =P

Also would like to say sorry, due to regions didnt work exactly like i wanted, it did work when i tried it earlier with 1 player, have no idea why it stopped teleporting the dead.. but ah well.. Hope you all had fun anyway
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Thatperson

Lol, sounds funky :) dont forget elves have nightsight by nature

GM NollKoll

Dont you worry child, its not named "The Darkness for human and gargs" the lightsource part is just for making look way better ^^
But..

Thatperson

Awesome sauce :) I must admit that as an elf I do miss lighting effects. Looking forward to sampling your efforts

GM NollKoll

Prob. wont be this weekend, but hopefully the next..  Will try to add a zelda like mechanism to even enter this pvm area :3 And hopefully region flags will work as intended, so it wont crash when it wants to res and move a dieing player..   

There will be ofcourse a keyword aswell, letting people out if they want, dont want players to get a traumatic experience in the darkness :3
But..

zaxarus

Quote from: GM NollKoll on July 11, 2013, 06:01:49 AM
There will be ofcourse a keyword aswell, letting people out if they want, dont want players to get a traumatic experience in the darkness :3

"Oklahoma."
Nothing...
"Oklahoma."
Nothing...
"Hrrm... Oklahoma!"
Nothing...
"I said: Oklahoma."
Nothing...
"Okay.. man... as you wish: O k l a h o m a."
Nothing...
"Oklahoma!!"
Nothing...
"O K L A H O M A!"
Nothing...
"Oklaaaaahooomaaaaa!!!"
Nothing...
"Oklahoma...?"
(...)
:)
Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

Hmmm  "Oklahoma"   interesting code word, since i hate it here, mine will be "Illinois"... :o
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Electo Jason

Chi-Town :)

I am just gonna yell in world chat "Get me the heck outta here!"
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

GM NollKoll

But..

Thatperson

after having been sunk into the darkness momentarily myself I can say only one thing.....
no-one is safe, bring someone to hold your hand >:-]

Horns Nigel

Please let us all know what time so we can ditch our significant others....Nigel  Not you Falada  :)

sandonato1400

Yes please a heads up on the time, that way I can spend time with said significant other then ditch into the darkness!

GM NollKoll

I will try between 5-6PM ET, i just need  to try this region first, so it wont crash.. if it works, it will just be in stand-by pretty much tils everyone is rdy ^^
But..

Horns Nigel

TY Noll, now i can send her to her mothers at that time  LOL...Nigel

Saturn

Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman