Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

House Decorating contest! Silas got a double-win! gratz

Started by GM NollKoll, July 26, 2013, 04:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

As it says in the title.. BUT...

Its a themed house decorating contest.
and the theme i chosen is from a few tv-shows (more shows could be added afterwards if you, the players want a certain tv-show in there aswell)

-Fringe (a personal favorite, hint hint)
-Warehouse 13
-Game Of Thrones
edit1:
-The Simpsons (for those who havnt watched that many tv-shows)
edit2: The Walking Dead

These # shows are the one ive chosen so far, since it will be a little more then a week to fix things up, there might be another show added later, depending on players argument.
I have no idea how to pull each show off in a house, but i do hope you will do your best!

I got 3 options for a voting:

1. I get full power, i declare a winner, and perhaps a second and third price.
2. I get a total of 10 points, i can put em all in one house, or 1 in 10 houses etc. Up to me.
3. Full player voting, everyone gets 1 vote per house.
(There will be a poll when the event ends, with pictures of each house, so everyone gets to vote on their favorite house, might add a few days extra so everyone can vote, but no more entrys)

Rules: Everything is allowed, but do take notice, combined houses (i.e. "linked houses" are allowed, but i will take in notice that you might have alot of extra space to work on, but it all depends on how you all wish to have the voting.)
Also if able, try get a printscreen of your "blueprint" ie the thing you are trying to copy from the show

edit3: Since we got a few new players here, feel free to drop a line, and a 18x18 house can be placed for you in a special area. The interior decorating is still something you are to pay..  The rules for me placing a house for you is that you cannot demolish it or sell it.. Selling or demolishing a house will result in me finding you, and me finding you in a bad mood... thats not something you want =P

Edit4: Since alot of you find checking out the new patch is rather the shizzles at the moment, i extended the competition one week, feel free to perfect it and relax in making it.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Electo Jason

I dont watch to many of those shows to tell the truth but have a couple idea's to add that might make interesting houses:

The Walking Dead "spooky"
That 70's Show "would make for interesting designs"
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Saturn

I love this. This might be the first time i participate in a deco contest and not be the one throwing it! Im excited! I already got an idea in mind. I will be doing a Game of Thrones theme.

As for the judging; I'm a fan of you picking first place and runner up, and then have a voting for players favorite.

...I will be leaving for 10days as of the 2nd tho, so hopefully i can submit a rune to my house before then and be pleasantly surprised to see if i won upon return  8)

Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Saturn

Quote from: Electo Jason on July 26, 2013, 03:30:11 PM
I dont watch to many of those shows to tell the truth but have a couple idea's to add that might make interesting houses:

The Walking Dead "spooky"
That 70's Show "would make for interesting designs"

Walking Dead house would be cool!
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

GM NollKoll

walking dead will be added, and i might hold a poll, to run the event for a week longer or 2.. depends on how long players need to re-deco?
But..

Saturn

I've already started my Game of Thrones house and sunk 3mil into it so far. So as long as GoT is an option im happy.

Horns Nigel

Agreed, im an addict to GOT as much as UO, the only show that gets me off the game is Game of Thrones...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Saturn

How do we submit a rune to our finished houses?

GM NollKoll

Will b Home in a few hours, Will extend contest a week or 2, make it more of a relaxed contest, now with all the new content :3

I want pictures uploaded of house and when u use [where and inside house, pref. A original pic of the original from the show
But..

Saturn

Game of Thrones, red wedding scene;

(I'd add my reference photos, but there was alot, so i'll just put this link down for a youtube video of the scene i did; http://youtu.be/ZnxvUuSzbMI )

Silas DroSakhar

Here is my Game of Thrones entry.  Design and deco done by myself, with some crafting and placement help by Volun (and thank you, Falada, for placing the stump!  :) )

Having only read the books, and not having seen the tv show, I designed it from what I thought it would look like, so I don't have screenies for "blueprints".

Sorry for so many pics...  there's a lot of stuff to show (and it's not all evident in the pics).
Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Silas DroSakhar

Game of Thrones entry, continued...  could only fit 3 pics per post, due to file size.
Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Silas DroSakhar

Last post for Game of Thrones entry...  The Wildlings beyond the Wall, and Castle Black Privy

token

Trammel Coods 88 19n 156 1 w Ice island. I didnt really to much time for deco-ing so I did the best I could And so it seems no matter what picture I try to put up Its to big :(

GM NollKoll

Please use [where command and write down the coords from there ^^
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman