Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Thanksgiving day town invasion

Started by Keeblerboy, November 26, 2013, 10:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Ok Moonglow (trammel)
The town has been cursed, and giant turkeys are now roaming the streets freely!

The giant turkeys MAY drop leftovers from thanksgiving dinner (but now rancid)
BUT! they will with even lesser probability, drop unrancid(normal) versions of the food.
It will be harder for each day (tils sunday?) to collect the unrancid versions of the food.

Even remade the sound the turkeys make, so they shouldnt sound like a wolf =P

Might add some other food parts or decos later in, so stay tuned!
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Keeblerboy

Thank you.  Save me some!   Can't wait to get off work and check it out.

Keeb

Voxpire

Nice Noll, thanks for stepping in on this one, I'm seriously busy at the moment.

For anyone who misses this particular event, I'll make the prizes available on the Winterfest vendors as well as additional other stuff :)

GM NollKoll

its a continous spawn of turkeys by the way... each day that goes, the lesser the chanse of getting an proper dinner set =P
Might make a few other things drop aswell tomorrow.. aswell as a seriously rancid gooe "used to be food" item? =P
But..

zaxarus

Quote from: GM NollKoll on November 29, 2013, 02:06:58 PM
its a continous spawn of turkeys by the way... each day that goes, the lesser the chanse of getting an proper dinner set =P
Might make a few other things drop aswell tomorrow.. aswell as a seriously rancid gooe "used to be food" item? =P

Chances are alrdy pretty low, i think? Kill a 210 k hp turkey and all u get is coins. ;)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

I got your leftover turkey Noll, a nice addition to my Hoarding collection  :P....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

rocktuff

So far im lovin this event ty for makin my weeked great...
Long Live John Elway

GM NollKoll

Quote from: zaxarus on November 29, 2013, 03:40:31 PM
Quote from: GM NollKoll on November 29, 2013, 02:06:58 PM

Chances are alrdy pretty low, i think? Kill a 210 k hp turkey and all u get is coins. ;)

Well fun with rly rare deco aint it? =P will make it even harder to get the none-rancid version in an hour, and add something els aswell =P
maybe a monster or 2 more, some rly fermented/rancid version that u cant see what it used to be, that will become easier and easier to get (so a turkey might drop 3 versions of the foodtype, one gets harder to get, and one becomes easier to get over time.. dont blaim me, blaim the bacteries, flies and fungus)
But..

GM NollKoll

ok enough fiddling today... summary:

-remade droprates of unrancid version of the food (a tad tad harder to get now, and i do know it was hard to get from the start.. but food gets bad overtime, deal with it =P)
-added 4 new items (one more decay state of each food type, which will gradually get easier and easier to obtain)

Added 2 new monsters, mashed potatoe monster and cranberrry sauce monster.
They will drop rehued, named/engraved armor/weapon pieces with a bit self repair and exceptional status. And random magical properties like looting from a monster.. (so possibilitie to get a self repair weapon that has a elemental damage, which couldnt be aquired from other means) So the imbuing i leave to you guys if your lucky enough to find a decent piece of armor/weapon..

Also the 2 new monsters drops a rare robe each, so a mashed potatoe rare robe and a cranberry sauce rare robe...
But..

rocktuff

this event to me is epic truly fun ty
Long Live John Elway

rocktuff

may want to consider increasing how many r spawning city is loaded with people now n nothing to kill
Long Live John Elway

GM NollKoll

new monster -> "a grovy gravy monster"
will drop a rancid gravy and a clean gravy (but this time its the opposite, the rancid version will be the rarest.. due to its storebought and filled with preservatives =P)

Also a more common robe will drop from it.. will have (common) in its name, so noone can trick someone to believe its rare.. and be in shame when someone with the rare robe walks by =P
But..

zaxarus

First of all I want to thank you again, Noll, for this great event that is more a festival than a usual and typical event. I like it very much and it looks like everyone is enjoying it, since Moonglow is never empty these days.
Well done. :)

This brings me to another idea. Talked to some guildies and also mentioned it in world chat:
Events like this should happen every 2 (or few) weeks or so, maybe lasting 2 to 4 days or even longer. Some rare/unique items, maybe also - like now - pcoins, different monsters & towns.
It's something new to do, besides the regular stuff we all do in game. I'd really love to see this.

And there is Christmas soon, so a related theme (Evil Santas*, Grinches, whatever...) would fit. ;)

If you want me to, i could copy and paste that into the suggestion or event suggestion board or let Dwarvey do this, since this is what he likes the most. :P

Tyvm for consideration^^

* We had those on Pandora some time ago.

Tys

"My name is my name."

rocktuff

yeah everything about this event was epic and this is the type of stuff pandiorians Love.. same type of event diff monsters and similar drops every few weeks would be sweet
Long Live John Elway

GM NollKoll

well since vorspires abyss dungeon will have something to do with each virtue town more or less.. something like this could happend once in a while, automaticly
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman