Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Upcoming Pet Fight event! *UPDATED!*

Started by GM NollKoll, January 23, 2014, 01:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Running a test now with 3 players, i will see which properties to change etc before doing a fullscale event of this =P.

But this is the event for those old enough to feel embarassed about wanting to play pokemon, which would result in 82.5% of all the players on Pandora.

All players that wants to join, gets a easy to kill creature. (i will prob. use a ferret for everyone, same resists, dmg etc for everyone) Which has a) unlimited skillcap, 2m wrestling skill, sure go for it! or b) a rly rly rly high skillcap, like 2k wrestling?

The players may choose how their pet may look like, but do remember, you may not keep your pet!, i will make em self destruct after X weeks.

----
For Y week(s) the players needs to train there creatures to become the best of all, then there will be a showdown in form of a pet tournament when its done. I will see during this test if i should enable magery or not on these creatures, since perhaps a single flamestrike could instant kill it (perhaps).

Feel free to drop suggestions and/or which creature you want it to look like!

Ok after this time of testing, we can conclude that even the smallest animal can be the most awesome =P.

I will construct all the pets needed today, and will deliver em on thuesday, everyone will get tils Sat the 15th of February to train their animal as best as they can. I will have a skillcap of 6.5k in each skill.

Each animal will be a ferret, with same resists and stats as the rest, but you may select which hue and form it takes, (do note that i will prob. not do any monster look on em, try select a small and cute animal.) Feel free to pm me ingame or in forums, regarding which hue, pet type and your account name so i can give it to you, even if you are offline.

edit: also, spread the word around for those that wish to join, but aint frequently using the forums, tell em what it is, and tell em to pm me which desired pet and hue.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Thatperson

this is definitely a cool idea, iv always wanted a hardcore pet spider myself :D .. might i suggest also running a more normal pet tourny where players use thier own pets but the heats are based on categories using hit point and/or pet slots..
for example one round would be 2k hp with 6 pet slots or 4 pet slots unlimited hp or 10 pet slots but only 1k hp etc etc.. players choosing any pet combination they want as long as it adheres to the hp/pet slot threshold for the round, i think we'd see all kinds of wierd and wonderfull combinations :D

GM NollKoll

sounds nice, but that would req. that players got high-tiered pets and/or got 10 slots
But..

Thatperson

For a 10 slot fight yes.. But not for a 5 slot bout.. Either way your temporary super pet bouts will be the main event, I still want mine to be a spider :D

GM NollKoll

But..

Islander

very exciting stuff... been some great working getting this one rolling.... i am really praying for a good responce from the server... i would like to see this one become on going... leader boards etc

Horns Nigel

Please let us all know when this event will happen, I will make sure to make this one.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

GM NollKoll

pm me ingame or forums what type of pet you would like (any sort of pet will be fine, since i will just remodel a ferret, but not larger then a horse is my rule), and tell me hue you would like, and your acc name..   The more i can complete now, the less time i need to deliver em this thuesday and everyone can start train em at the same time
But..

Saturn

K what? UO pokemon?! Sign me the eff up!...Mind you I'm rarely on the same time as most members of the shard, but I'll pm you anyway and try and join!

...I sat here staring at the screen trying to think of a  way I could promote my shop with this, and i got nothing...Errr, POKEMON!
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Koppernicus

I wish I could figure out why I lose connection when I`m afk. Go to bed thinking my pet will train up a lil and when I get up,lost connection and barely got any training. My lil birds gonna be first one out if I have to sit at the screen and watch every bit of his training

GM NollKoll

Seems that ALOOOOOOT of people have pm'd my backup characther about pets. I only use my backpack charachter when something is rly bugged with my main.  So please resend all pms to my main characther and ill sort you all out as best as i can
But..

GM NollKoll

added a magical  teleporting training elemental of awesomeness in insula.. will teleport to random locations in insula, 3k in each skill... Active trainers will get a better training excercise..  but a note to everyone, you will have to Feb the 15th (or even a week more, depending on avaibleness of me), to train your pets.. dont go nuts in insula now and get sick of it =P
But..

Islander

I am really enjoying this thus far. Its great to see a lot of the server rally behind the idea. I can not wait to see how it grows!

GM NollKoll

added "strange llamas".. randomly spawns somewhere in umbra and insula. 100 in each resist, but same hp as a regular llama.  So keep an eye on its hp, and if too many comes and cluster on llama, it will die.

edit: also removed the teleporting elemental, since it was annoying to some =P

edit2: apparently u cant attack nor heal a llama in insula, there are now 2 spawns of "strange llama". One is in Umbra, that llama got 50 hp, but all resists at 100%.. Safer, but u gotta find a new llama after those 50hp is gone. (2 llamas each location, around 1min respawn time).

Then there is one spawn in felucca - buccaners den, normal llama hp, but u can heal it. But since its in fel, its a bit risky
But..

Johana

Haha, one flamestike it was toast.  Good thing you have that short respawn timer.

Edit:

Looks like if your pet curses the llama it will drop its hp to 1!

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman