Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 13

Started by Xeen, October 31, 2010, 08:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeen

THE INVASION HAS ENDED
-- Congratulations!  The invasion has ended and the town of Buccaneer's Den is no longer overrun with undead!

IMBUING CHANGES
-- Attribute cap has been raised to 10 for all items.  
-- Attributes one through eight have had a small boost in success chance.
-- Attributes nine and ten still have a small success chance.  The greater the risk, the greater reward!
-- There is a 25% chance to break an item if you fail applying the rune.
-- Runes have been added to the imbuing menu that allow you to remove an unwanted attribute from your gear.
-- At this point, removal runes are cheap to craft, and have a high success rate.  In the future, these will become more costly and risky to use.

BOSS ENCOUNTERS
-- There has been a 40% hit point increase to most champions.
-- Barracoon has been made considerably harder and now aligns with OSI stats.
-- All Champion/Mini Champion loot packs have been adjusted to line up with OSI.
-- The Primeval Lich Champion has entered our realm.
-- The Abyssal Infernal Champion has entered our realm.
-- Navrey Night Eye spawns will delete themselves after a small period of time of inactivity.

CHANGES TO SKILL AND STAT POWER SCROLLS
-- There is a now a step up system for all power scrolls.  
-- To eat a 120 scroll, you must have first eaten a 115, 110, and 105 powerscroll for that skill.
-- The same applies for stat powerscrolls.

NEW ITEMS / ITEM CHANGES
-- Added a single use universal dye tub that allows you to dye almost any item any regular color [Donation].  
-- Good Luck Deeds are now applicable to quivers.
-- Added Everlasting Pet Greater Cure Potion [Donation]
-- Added Everlasting Pet Greater Heal Potion [Donation]

OTHER MINOR CHANGES
-- Fixed a bug with GM Skill Balls
-- Mounts will no longer be allowed in colorwars
-- Fixed a bug allowing players to take items out of colorwars.
-- All players, red and blue, can get a bounty from the bounty Hunters.
Xeen
Lead Pandora Developer / Co-Owner
xeenuo@live.com

Xeen

This will go live today or tomorrow =)
Xeen
Lead Pandora Developer / Co-Owner
xeenuo@live.com

Piino

Thanks, gents. I especially like the power scroll changes.

Rotwrath

Damn I love that Powerscroll Idea whoever thought of that is one smart guy ........

Adrahil

Don't like the powerscroll change one bit. If i was looking for a new shard a system like that would definately put me off joining.

Jord

QuoteDon't like the powerscroll change one bit. If i was looking for a new shard a system like that would definately put me off joining.

True. Vets are going to charge a lot more money for low-end PS, and I wont be able to do myself a champ, cause I'm quite weak with GM skills, and cant face overpowered (compared to me) PK.
And I got rolled out - I didnt consumed my 115 Taming ps - since there was an anncounce that this Publish is going to be cool and so. Now i gotta buy 105 (didnt seen any 105 around) and 110 one. Yay  :(

Anyway - I'd rather see somekind of transmutation of scrools (like 4 lesser - 1 greater with 25% succes) as a way of restoring balance - but just my opinion. :?

i am curious if this powerscroll change also effects the tailoring and smith powerscrolls, if so its gonna make it so that people have to collect alot more bods just to get to 120 smithing or tailoring which isnt really fair to them

King Kong

The mule powerscrolls will drop like normal PS's also -- so getting 105, 110, 115 will get much easier will put that in soon.

And the powerscroll idea, love it or hate it, is one of the best ideas for a long term economy and goals for players that I have ever heard of.

People don't like stuff that makes it slightly harder to do things, but once you've done anything in the game what else is there? It's a great idea.  Will keep things even more balanced since there is a group of people who tear through champs and have a flood of 120's. Also makes each powerscroll worth something, which in turn makes champs worth more doing, and that creates team work and things to do for players.. the list goes on and on

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

UOAddicted

Quoteby Xeen » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:17 pm
-- Good Luck Deeds are now applicable to quivers.

*thumbs up!* awesome    8-)

Quoteby Konstantine » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:28 pm

People don't like stuff that makes it slightly harder to do things, but once you've done anything in the game what else is there?

i agree uo is SO easy nowdays, the harder the better!
i like this idea now 105 = òr even > than 110  :ugeek:

Cerone

Love it sounds great. i cant wait to come in and try a new champ. Im still hoping for battle lizards and chicken coups :)

Adrahil

QuoteIt's a great idea. Will keep things even more balanced since there is a group of people who tear through champs and have a flood of 120's

I dont understand this sentence. How does it make it more balanced?
Also how does having 10 maxed out properites on jewels fit in to making things more balanced?

Also if it is such a great idea, then why wasnt it made this way on OSI? You cant say that they didnt think of it.

QuoteI dont understand this sentence. How does it make it more balanced?
Also how does having 10 maxed out properites on jewels fit in to making things more balanced?

Also if it is such a great idea, then why wasnt it made this way on OSI? You cant say that they didnt think of it.

your honestly question konstantine??  The 10 max properties also came with a slight increase on props 1-8, making it easier for newer players to get some moderate gear, while making the elite gear harder to obtain but still allowing veteran players to have some advantage to some hard work they put in.  Also, on OSI there is a skill cap, and skill gain is alot harder there.  Thus this IS NOT OSI therefore it should not be treated as if it is an exact copy of OSI.

I like the update and I think if mule PS's are able to be obtained from champ spawns soon then they should follow the same guidelines as the rest so i agree with that approach.

I do have one question though, ive tried finding some information on these new champs spawns, what exactly is the loot that is dropped from these? Do they drop PS's? Decorative stuff? rares?  just curious

outluke

QuoteI do have one question though, ive tried finding some information on these new champs spawns, what exactly is the loot that is dropped from these? Do they drop PS's? Decorative stuff? rares? just curious

I managed to solo the Abbysal Infernal. It works like any other ordinary spawn: you get the 105 PS and scrolls of transcendence. Champ also drops 6 power scrolls and skull of greed (same as Barracoon). Dunno about rares, but i wouldn't mind the Wall of Hungry Mouths.

UOAddicted

i have a Q

removal runes have a 100% succes chance?

example: i have a cap imbued with self repair 5 on it, is it 100% safe to use a rune to remove the mod? should i do it myself or wait for staff to do it?

UOAddicted

Quoteby Sticky » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:20 pm

I do have one question though, ive tried finding some information on these new champs spawns, what exactly is the loot that is dropped from these? Do they drop PS's? Decorative stuff? rares? just curiousSticky
Adept Scribe

you can always read this, its the page for all UOSA arty
you will find the 2 spawn with arty they drop

http://www.uoguide.com/Artifacts_(Stygian_Abyss)
http://www.uoguide.com/Artifacts_(Stygian_Abyss)

huh this forum is weird, how do i post a link  :lol:

hope it helps,

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111