Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Sneak Preview....?

Started by Gizmo, July 10, 2010, 09:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Since we have one form of imbuing in with the runes you craft via rough stone. Instead of adding the OSI Imbuing system directly. We will merge the two to make it fairer, easier and allow each player no matter what skill level. To contribute to the imbuing system...

I wont go into the entire system, but I will say....

• Will involve only the skill Imbuing
  • Will be able to gain skill without crafting, by unraveling items
  • Modification of Old Runes system, legacy runes will convert over to new system

I am hoping to get the system in with publish 3 coming up on Monday July 12th, 2010. More information will be avalible upon release. Speculate, talk about it all you want in this thread. Just tossing you a teaser.

pskarren

i see some people getting upset by this... the ones that have donated to get 120 inscription. will this make that donation null and void or is their a plus to sdi with 120 inscription?  also i see you implementing caps on items. tbh a lot  of people i see are going over those caps...example will it be possible to go over 8 dex on an item and if not whats gonna happen to the items that are over that cap. if they stay the vets will always have advantage over the new people?

Gizmo

120 Inscription did not add any bonuses to your rune stone use. 120 Inscription on the other hand increases your chances at making spell books. And from what I see adds 12% SDI to your spell damage, instead of 10% at 100 skill. So I do not think the people who donated for a 120 Inscription are getting hurt on anything.

As for the legacy items, I have no say on weather they revert to caps or not. That will have to be brought up with Konstantine. Konstantine gives me a list, I put it in.

King Kong

People get 120 Inscribe for slayer books, spell damage increase, special crafting things, etc etc.

Also you will need a certain amount of inscribe and magery with imbuing for this to all work.

Nothing much is changing except for a lot of improvements.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

docholiday

Awesome, been looking forward to this :)

Dleatherus

hrmmm .. curious as to how it pans out ... excited to see the new system ... hopefully the stash of rough stones i've been amassing won't go to waste :-)

my opinion in reference to not going over the skill cap & existing items that are already over the skill cap:

it isn't possible to NOT go over the skill cap with the way imbuing currently works, if you want to add dex to a sweet piece of jewelry that only has 4 dex on it, you might get 'lucky' and hit +7dex and end up with a piece that has +11 dex ... i myself have several +14dex imbued items

i firmly believe that anybody who joins the shard, should have just as much chance and opportunity to eventually end up with the same items as somebody who has been here since day 1 ... if we are allowed to keep our over-the-cap jewels, but not allow any more to ever be made, it would be unfair to the player just joining

in light of this i suggest that we work out a system where we can turn in our over-capped jewelry and have the caps lowered to their maxes, perhaps in exchange for another stat being added

allow a 7 or 14 day 'amnesty' period for these turn ins ..any pieces found after that date will be destroyed, no questions asked

just my scattered thoughts that could definately use some help and inpit from others in the player base

Gizmo

Right now I have a poll going when you log into the server. I am not going to state the numbers as of yet because the poll is not done yet. Granted the poll tells us what the community thinks about these items. But over all the final choice is made by staff. But we do value every persons thoughts on matters as important as this. We are a community working together to make Pandora what it is. Thanks for your time, effort and part you play here.

Gizmo

Dleatherus

6:30am monday morning ... no update ... this old fart feels like a kid coming down the stairs on xmas day and not seeing any presents under the tree ... really curious about wot the new imbue system is about/what happens to our uber jewelry :-)

Jaxson

My understanding from reading the forums was that Inscription was the MAIN skill checked for using roughstone imbuing.

It's the very reason why I donated for a 120 inscription scroll. ALl i know is when I went to 120 I failed WAY less than the times I tried to imbue without it.

That being said, I'm willing to take one for the team if it makes the shard better overall, and I can honestly say that for all the shards I have played on...I have never enjoyed my time playing UO as much as I have here.

I'll just look at the bright side...just one more thing to learn and get good at.

;)

orange_peel

Is there anywhere this new system is explained in detail?

I've got a few questions regarding:
Skill to unravel items
Success rates applying runes to items
Will there be imbuing powerscrolls implemented?

Aaliah

Look at the guides section of the forums, you'll see a rune imbuing guide by Gizmo
[e scream

orange_peel

Ah, mistook that for the old one. Thanks, A.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman