Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 4 Final: July 19th 2010

Started by Gizmo, July 19, 2010, 08:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Its been yet another long week in the Coding Dungeon. I vanquished some of the legendary bugs, and brought all of you in the Pandora Community some loot you can use. With those words said. Here are this weeks updates.

Systems
  -- Fixed an issue with unraveling with shields and Anti-virute shields.
  -- Fixed an issue with unraveling, not recognizing slayer attribute as a property.
  -- Fixed an issue with unraveling, where armor resist bonus was not counted as a property.
  -- Fixed an issue with unraveling, where nightsight was not counted as a property.
  -- Unraveling Update: You can now target a bag with the Unravel Item button. Each item thats able to be unraveled in your bag, will so be done. Each item will do its standard skill check. Enjoy.
  -- Rune crafting menu fix: Appears Hit Dispel required 605 minimum skill. A wee bit high, its set to 65 like intended.
  -- Dismounting Gargoyles will now cause them to stop flying, and have the dazed effect.
  -- Insula: Animals will take damage now, so will players. Though no Aggressive pvp actions can take place.
  -- Insula: Apparently people think its fun to dump monsters off in Insula, all animals/pets released in Insula will auto delete themselves.
  -- Doom Guantlet: The chances of getting an artifact off the doom bosses, has been updated to the progressive system that osi uses. The more bosses you kill, the better your chances get overall. Everytime you acquire an artifact, your chances get reset back to the base value.
  -- Rune Crafting menu update: Night Sight, Self Repair, Lower Stat Requirements, Durability Bonus and Hit Dispel crafting mats have been lowered, to help fill the skill gain gap between 50-85.
  -- Housing: Players will not be allowed to do aggressive actions towards players in Houses located in Trammel, Tokuno Landmass. Felucca and Malas homes you will be allowed too in.
  -- Updated the server core to remove a crash issue that has been plauging us a few times a week.
  -- All Greater Treasures of Tokuno: Have been upgraded to artifact rarity 11. They can no be unraveled like doom artifacts for Relic Fragments.

ITEMS
  -- Animal Lore Clothing: From the animal taming bod system, where items where getting unhued. Fixed the issue and if you have a robe that got messed up please page staff to apply a new random hue. Thanks.
  -- Gargoyle Animations for the following weapons fixed. When these items are equipped, the will switch to the correct ItemID based on the race using them. This includes all artifacts that share a ItemID with the following.
     -- Daisho
     -- Tekagi
     -- Tessen
     -- Lance
     -- Pike
     -- Scythe
     -- Maul
     -- WarHammer
     -- Cleaver
     -- War Fork
     -- Kryss
     -- Katana
     -- Gnarled Staff
     -- Butcher Knife
     -- Battle Axe
     -- Axe
  -- Bag of Sending has a max charging limit, a max number of times you can repowder it basically. It has come to the attention people would like to Bless this item, since bless deeds are ultra expensive on the prize room. Blessed Bags of Sending will not have a max recharge limit, if its blessed.
  -- The Deamon Bone you collect for Victora in Doom. The weight has been lowered to weighing 1/10th a stone each. Meaning 100 bones = 10 stones, 1000 bones = 100 stones in weight. Makes less fuss and hassle getting your guantlet entry set up.
  -- New SA Artifacts Added
     -- Burning Amber
     -- Draconi's Wrath
     -- Fallen Mysic Spellbook
     -- Token of Holy Favor
     -- Vampire Essence

GARGOYLES
  -- Infused Throw weapon ability works correctly now.
  -- Mystic Arc weapon ability works correctly now.

NPCS
  -- Troglodytes: Will no longer appear with a Treasure map everytime. Might be a few left that still have them on them.
  -- Shimmering Hiryus deal 10% of there total damage to players, this hiryu was ment to be a pvm tool, not a pvp tool.
  -- Stygian Dragon: Now drops his special lootable items. He has also been updated a bit in AI.
  -- Renowned Boss's: Appears they drop a random Peerless loot resource, so they have same resource loot drop as peerless bosses. But they only drop 1. (1 in 7 chance of a rough stone) for those questioning.

SPELLS
  -- Mysticism Spell Trigger: Cleansing Wind spell stone will not delete after its used (as intended).

DUNGEONS
  -- Painted Caves(trammel): Spawns have been changed up and updated.
  -- Painted Caves(felucca): Spawns have been changed up and updated.

SKILLS
  -- Taming Unicorns and Kirin can be done by both male and female players. (for taming bod reasons).
  -- when stealthing and you reach your maximum limit of steps, it will no longer auto trigger stealth for you, instead you will be notified of how many steps you have left before you run out of stealth steps.

Some of these changes will hopefully start filling the gaps of between gargoyle things and the rest of the races. In future updates, we are looking into a Auto Daily PVP system, as well as fixing many gargoyle issues. Never the less, thank you for your patience during updates and for playing on PandoraUO.

Developer Gizmo

Deadmau5

Is it only items with Artifact Rarity 11 that give relic fragments?  I ask this because doom does drop two artifacts from the bosses that have a rarity of 10 instead of 11 yet they are still doom arties and not stealables.  The Taskmaster and Legacy of the Dread Lord.

Dleatherus

good call on allowing greater tots to be unravelled ... we'll see which ones actually do .. i have a suspicion the kasa, amongst others, might not cos it's clothing etc, and this'll help keep relic fragments rare, as they should be

pretty much luving everything else ...

being a shimmering hiryu owner i have some comments, and i only speak for myself, and not other shimmer hiryu owners

some changes have to be made due to some shimmer hiryu's being used aggressively for pvp ie 'all kill' and/or attacking somebody whilst they have their own shimmer guarding them, if the person fought back the shimmer auto-attacked em .. totally unfair ... just becos somebody donates does not entitle them to be a 1-hit griefing machine over others who didn't donate

when i donated for my shimmer, it wosn't purely for pvm ... kon made the point very clearly to me that it would defend me amazingly if i wos attacked in fel rules areas ... having an atrocious lag problem, i thought it to be an excellent choice to donate for so i would have a measure of protection in fel rules areas ...  kon spoke a couple of months ago about nerfing shimmers for pvp becos of the unfair balance and the result wos a gentleman's agreement that those of us with shimmers would keep them in check for pvp, using them for defence, not offence

as the shimmer population has grown, this has become impractical, with all kinds of lame excuses coming up for folks using shimmers in pvp, and hence the much-needed change

i'm 100% all for shimmers being nerfed/toned down for pvp, but i think that keeping fairness and balance in mind, a shimmer should be able to do as much damage, including ranged thru flamestrike etc, as a greater dragon in pvp situations, otherwise the donator is actually being penalised for donating ... if it turns out the 10% damage is higher than a GD's, bring it down and include ranged, if it's lower, bring it up and include ranged to be on par with a GD .,.. nerfing the slow shimmer to same physical damage as a GD but without the potent ranged damage is unfair in my opinion

as always, my hats off and respect to the owner and developers/staff who have the unenviable task of trying to balance that which can never be balanced, and for all the hard work and long hours behind the scenes trying to make this the best shard period

Belegerandh

Damnable hiding loot hunters in the fel facets. That'll fix 'em ..

Jaxtron

QuoteRenowned Boss's: Appears they drop a random Peerless loot resource, so they have same resource loot drop as peerless bosses. But they only drop 1. (1 in 7 chance of a rough stone) for those questioning.

To make sure am thinking correctly, Renowned Boss's would include those at the end of the mini-champion spawns in SAbyss, correct?  If so, I love the sound of this.

QuoteTaming Unicorns and Kirin can be done by both male and female players. (for taming bod reasons).

Finally!  Now I can start looking at my large bods with Unicorns.

Great work!!  Thanks for all the effort.

Astax

how long is the downtime?

King Kong

what downtime?

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

King Lorcain

Good work as usual Gizmo.

sumazn

In reply to pets in pvp... Would it be viable to just cap the max damage from pets at like 30 or 35? Any pet. Then even though dragons have the range, hiryus can dismount...cus can bleed and heal themselves... and so on. So pet choice is still relevant.

Martin Looter

-- Insula: Animals will take damage now, so will players. Though no Aggressive pvp actions can take place.

i wonder why that was changed. it was great for training parry or ninjitsu or stuff like that.
for example most of the ninjitsu training scripts use a horse with death strike. i think this change is hindering good training methods because the horse is just killed in 1 hit. can you change that back or is there some special reason for that?

cheers,
Martin

King Kong

Sorry Martin - we already make it to easy to train -- but thats not the problem. The biggest problem is once a animal is in Insula it will never go away unless I personally kill it - I was removing about a 100 animals a day -- someone if they wanted to could actually put 1000 animals in Insula and no one could go there because they would crash

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Ether

Donator Hell Hiryus still do maximum damage. Capable of a one shot.

Martin Looter

I understand why you dont want released pets in Insula Konstantine. But why damage to tamed pets( followers) and players. Thats no argument for fewer pets in Insula!?

One could leave their tamed pets there in any case.

btw i just watched some energy vortexes killing an afk red an a training blue in lich form :)

something seems wrong with the rules there

Balithustrious

Well, if you really want to train on a horse, I suppose it would be no different than attacking one of the elementals. I personally applaud the fact that hundreds of chickens and horses will finally no longer be neighing and fighting all day long. That gets irritating in five seconds, tops.

I'm not sure I understand the stealth update, though. Rather than just continuing on in stealth mode while walking, the game will inform me of how many steps I have left and then I have to click the stealth button again? So, If I don't click it, will I leave stealth? Or is it just counting and I'll continue on in stealth anyway? I'd hate to have to keep clicking the button. That would get really old, really fast.

Bosskie

Like McDonalds Im lovin it. So far the update has improved game time and great improvement.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman