Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Changes to Newbie dungeon

Started by GM NollKoll, February 18, 2014, 11:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Added a chanse of imbuerunes to drop from around 70% of the monsters in the dungeon.

These will be lower mid to higher mid intensity runes, but also spellchanneling which only got one intensity.

I added a title on the monster that tells what type of imbuerune it has a chanse of dropping.

Those who drop the imbue runes, drops them with 3 "raritys", alot easier to find lower intensity runes over higher intensity.

Talked to Falada, over whats the usual stats she imbues for new players, so there will be int, dex, str, hp, ssi, hci, di, spellchanneling, aoe hit, etc etc dropping on the monsters. Since spellchanneling is only one intensity, it has a somewhat low chanse of dropping. But always a good idea to tell new players to venture into the newbie dungeon to upgrade their gear a bit.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Mr. Giggles

That's straight up awesome sauce. I for one think this is a great way to help new players get a jump start to our wonderfull shard thanks to our awesome staff I love it.

Horns Nigel

Agreed TY Noll and all the staff, great job...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Falada

Thank you :) I hope it works out like we planned hehe  :P
greets Fala

GM NollKoll

I would like to point out that any abusing, will make me mad =P
This is something for new players, help em out, find out about the rating system etc etc...

Dont want to see alt. characthers afk farm the place just becouse i added spellchanneling as a drop
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Arya

The imbuing system is one of the fundamental aspects of improving your character that tends to be confusing for newer players. That being said, this is a great improvement that should help new players a lot. :)

Hiranaeranin

Quote from: Arya on February 19, 2014, 06:14:36 PM
The imbuing system is one of the fundamental aspects of improving your character that tends to be confusing for newer players. That being said, this is a great improvement that should help new players a lot. :)

I have to agree with what Arya said, I was away from UO for several years, not knowing about imbuing. I only knew what a Blacksmith with a 120 scroll worked up could do last time I left UO! After 5 1/2 mths on Shard I'm very knowledgeable of what it is! This would cut down the time a whole lot. I have even taken the time to try to explain the process of imbuing to NEW players to get them more knowledgeable of the skill, since I've learned it!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through CHRISTwho strengthens me.

Horns Nigel

That was the fun part of it for me, I felt like i was going back to school to learn imbueing.
I feel that while Ive become very good at it, people like Falada and Tys still look at my stuff and give me great pointers for additions or changes that I never thought of, again its the community here that I love so much about our shard....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Hiranaeranin

Quote from: Horns Nigel on February 19, 2014, 09:56:45 PM
That was the fun part of it for me, I felt like i was going back to school to learn imbueing.
I feel that while Ive become very good at it, people like Falada and Tys still look at my stuff and give me great pointers for additions or changes that I never thought of, again its the community here that I love so much about our shard....Nigel
I agree Nigel, and I do pm my one of my mentors now and then! One has Quit, and I catch up with the other from time to time to make sure I'm doing things right, mostly to help young players in the name of the one that quit, to carry his name on.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through CHRISTwho strengthens me.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman