Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Should the starting place go back to island of Insula (Old Insula on Gate)

Started by King Kong, December 15, 2012, 05:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Dwarvey

I'd love to see it go back to Insula. Maybe set up the armor table along the wall in the training elemental room, or on the second floor. Insula has withered up since the training area was moved.

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Maggdalena

Oh wait.  I was thinking of New Insula.  Old Insula has the new player champ....would that be going away?
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

King Kong

Quote from: Maggdalena on December 15, 2012, 07:00:43 PM
Oh wait.  I was thinking of New Insula.  Old Insula has the new player champ....would that be going away?

Will put it somewhere else. Old Insula was the original starting spot, and it worked so well. Everyone had instant community. Trying to focus on newer players. Evantually get us back in the 200+ online range.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Maggdalena

I agree about the immediate sense of community :)  I hope this happens!
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

phaero

I support anything that will get me more customers... I mean people to play with.  I  like the concept of the glass city, but it always seemed a bit more sci-fi than what I think UO is. 

In short, if you think that it will bring us more players, do it!

Thanks for all the hard work that each of you put in.

_Phaero

Horns Nigel

Me too, if here is anything we can help to make this happen please let us know, will be more then happy to help...Nigel

Dwarvey

Quote from: Horns Nigel on December 15, 2012, 07:33:31 PM
Me too, if here is anything we can help to make this happen please let us know, will be more then happy to help...Nigel

Here here.......And I know Soul will help out if possible. It's kind of what we do.

TheGrimReaper

Raj

Yes. I think Old Insula was the best starting area.  Not too big, not too small. New insula is a nice place but it's been completely deserted since Glass City was created.  I like Glass City as a training area, but it just doesn't bring new and old players together as Old Insula once did.

Bring it back!  :D

Saturn

Maybe put the armor and weps in the new player dungeon so only new players can access and it wont be abused. But insula all the way!
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

jest

My understanding is that starting and training areas can be a problem as far as lagg and stability are concerned. i would rather have a problem free area than an area that does more but creates problems.

i would like to see a quest of some sort to get starting gear rather than just handed out. maybe a tutorial quest or something.

Horns Nigel

"i would like to see a quest of some sort to get starting gear rather than just handed out. maybe a tutorial quest or something."

I agree, some type of beginners quest for gear might be more fun for new players, maybe several steps of beginners gear so they would also learn how to kill harder creatures to get better gear?.....Nigel

Mercathane

If people prefer one set of  pixels surrounding the training elementals to another that's cool. I don't agree on the quest for the lrc gear though.  Yes it's a Gimmie but its a great one.  It allows u to gm so much at that elemental before u ever need to leave.  I prefer the ability to start quickly though and gm a lot before venturing out.  Setup now is perfect for getting new players started and alt for any player if they choose them.  I'm old school and having a few accounts set up so I can have another guy to Rez my Main was important to me.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]