Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Wild fire in the home!

Started by Balithustrious, August 17, 2010, 07:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balithustrious

One thing I've noticed- people outside of a felucca home can freely attack people inside of it, but not the other way around. Players can also throw wildfire, and as soon as that hits, there is no recalling away. Does anyone else think this is silly and should be fixed? I understand that PKs are in the business of Punkte, but afk players are forced into losing all of their equipment and possessions on their body. Your house should be safe even with PKs around, in my opinion.

What's your thinking?

TrashyNewb

dont house hide in pvp and dont afk in fel houses. problem fixed.

Shirey Jenkins

And we come back to the same conclusion...no risk for PK's. Your home should be safe no matter what ruleset your in.

TrashyNewb

ya til ppl actually pvp on the server then all the bitching will be about the house hiding newbs at the moongates

Balithustrious

The main issue of mine is this- I may own a home in Felucca because I need a lot of ore, or maybe a lot of leather. When a player killer comes along, I'm not exactly going to be carrying anything other than, say, my logging axe and the logs I've gathered. I need to be able to escape- and I may run into my house, but he can still attack me. I can grab my weaponry and reagents and try to heal myself, but an attack like wildfire makes that impossible (6 points of fire damage every half of a second annuls pretty much any form of healing). here I am, dying, and there's no one getting anything solid out of it. The PK gets his precious points, and I...die. In my own house. Where I can't be looted, so...why?

Of course, In your own home, monsters can't hurt you and you can't hurt monsters. You can't attack anyone outside your house (Like that PK) but people outside can attack you (through open doors or otherwise). This isn't just annoying, it's unfair. Your house becomes a trap of your own design.

Quotedont house hide in pvp and dont afk in fel houses. problem fixed.
Problem not fixed. Don't be stupid.

Quoteya til ppl actually pvp on the server then all the bitching will be about the house hiding newbs at the moongates
Really? I just stealth past houses in PvP area. I usually only have trouble with, say, player killers hidden by moongates. Gosh, that sounds like the same thing, only being hidden is harder to deal with! The people in their houses would have to come outside to do anything, which would make the field level, instead of a one sided fight.

Shirey Jenkins

Trashynewb is just a dumb f%*k. Everything is only one sided. They have no clue what fair is. If anything is against their favor, they flame someone. Bunch of ignorant bastards. Hmm, sounds like our politicians.

Rival

okay first off why the heck do you need a house in fel to mine in fel? there this thing called recall and sacred journey.... im pretty sure you can recall to tram from fel....xD

TrashyNewb

cry for me plz.

Akez

die for me plz.

TrashyNewb

did i hit a nerve?

Akez

your attitude just annoys me, and it seems i am not the only one:

QuoteTrashynewb is just a dumb f%*k. Everything is only one sided. They have no clue what fair is. If anything is against their favor, they flame someone. Bunch of ignorant bastards. Hmm, sounds like our politicians.

Shirey Jenkins

Quotedid i hit a nerve?

I think so, although, I think I was having a bad day. Sorry for the foul language :|

Shirey Jenkins

Quoteyour attitude just annoys me, and it seems i am not the only one:
My attitude?? I have no attitude. You don't have a reason to be annoyed.  :D

Akez

noo Shirey, not your attitude. TrashyNewb's. i was agreeing with everything in your post when i quoted it

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman