Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Imbuing and Unraveling

Started by Drax-GVA, December 27, 2010, 12:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drax-GVA

Okay...Some help here from the knowledge mavens...

When I unravel (whether on GM or 120) if I go by the property intensity as listed in Stratics, I expect to get an enchanted essence.  I get residue.  I've tried all the tricks listed in Stratics to get essence, but get residue.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I can't figure out what gives out residue and what gives out essence (or fragments, for that matter...)

Is there a posted range of intensities for what, when unraveled, gives what?  If so, could someone point me towards it?  If not, if someone knows what those ranges are, could you inform us that remain ignorant of same?

Thanks...

Xeen

Our imbuing system is not 100% accurate to OSI, especially when it comes to unraveling.  

To get a relic fragment, you need to unravel an artifact AND have an imbuing skill of at least 94.9.
Xeen
Lead Pandora Developer / Co-Owner
xeenuo@live.com

RoadBlock

I too am wondering..  I have been trying to get essence..  I have runic'd items I thought that would give essence but only got residue..  So wondering if anyone knows what is needed or items that give essence..  

Thanks..

Drax-GVA

Xeen:  Thanks for the reply.

Maybe you could clarify (more than you have).

You have told us that you can get a relic fragment by unraveling an "artifact" and having imbuing of at least 94.9.

This may be true.  In my experience, it's not, however.  Unless, of course, my comprehension of "artifact" and yours are not the same as I have unraveled many "artifacts" (Minor ToTs) with way above 94.9 skill and no fragment.  So, as to relic fragments, is it 100% at 94.9 and what constitutes an "artifact?"

But, as to the main question, i.e., "enchanted essence."  At OSI, there is a set intensity of properties for getting an enchanted essence from an unraveled item.  Is there one here?  If so, what is it, unless it's something which needs to be a secret?

Bosskie

I can answer this. Yes your on the right trail. 94.9 is pretty close to a 100% chance. But a heads up lesser tot's are not considered artifacts. Greater tot's however will unravel into a relic. RBC, Kasa of Ra, Winds End. Also Doom arties, high end arties.

So far all ML arties have given me essence so not so good there.

There is however a quest giver next to forge. Determining your ter mur Loyality will determine what quest you get from him.

Residue for essence / essence for relic.
(can't remember quest names since I don't afk them)

RoadBlock

Thanks for the info..  But what we were wondering is what yields essence..  I have made many runic weapons and armor only to get residue from them...

So any hints on craftable armor or weapons that will yield essecnce everytime would be helpful..

Thanks

Bosskie

not that i know of, Example. I had 3 heartwoods and used oak and bloodwood boards on all. I kept 3 and the rest I unravelled at 113 imbue. All I got was residue. Some of those bows were 6 stats cause of board properties. So if they wont unravel essence, your talking uber gear for an essence and more valuable to keep.

Arren

I too am confused in this unraveling to acquire relic frags, is there somewhere a list of items that are considered arties that will unravel into relics?

Hoyin

So far any item with a red name that I have looted has given me the essences you are looking for. I hope this helps my skill in imbuing is 42.

Heric

To get Essence you need an item weight of 300 and you can in imbue up to this weight then unravel to get essence. I think for relics you need a super high item weight like 900 or something close to that (pink items) so there not practical to craft up to (been as that's 9 properties at 100% ish) essence's are craftable if you give it a little thought and have a lot of iron to burn

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman