Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Crazy donation items

Started by Bathisar, January 20, 2011, 09:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bathisar

i'm sure that this post will be removed as soon as an admin sees this but i'd like to hear what kon has to say about it first. i checked the donation room and (maybe this is just me) but i think the donation items are getting pretty ridiculous, i mean... a shroud with 100%lrc? really? that has always been a problem with me being able to get high enough dex/str/hci/dci/sdi with the lrc on top of it on my gear... all this will do now is just allow people who could be naked with the exception of the robe to run around all day and cast as much as they would like. someone please tell me that you see a problem with this... +20 hci/dci on an item for 20 bucks? a hirya that is more op than the shimmerings? and for like 400 dollars... what could it possibly do that makes it more op than someone's shimmering? blow fire out its ass? its my opinion that donations for this shard have gone WAAAAAAY out of hand. custom donations, way way wayyyy to op gear too. anyone else feel this way?

UOAddicted

i dont thik a shimmering with +10 skills will give any advantage and for the 100% lrc shroud its the same thing you could use blessed aids/reg bag and it give you the same results and cmon for 200$ you wont see 20 of em on the server. i agree the hci dci on shroud is way too ubber for 40$ only thing i would change is the price id take it up to over 100$ to keep it rare. or maybe make it 10 hci/dci for 40$

kon is tryng to upgrade the donation store if you got better ideas everyone is listening  :|

Bosskie

Ill agree that shroud I could thing of a few bad ideas. With a few rares in mind you can have a toon with 100 lrc the $40 dci deed and 3 arties that come blessed your looking at trouble. The shimmy, yea i think its just a bousting item.

Now I had a suggestion about a donator that seemed reasonable. Custom talisman. 5 property max but have set prices per property.
Yea might sound op but over time you can farm those talismans. They will eventually be created in game. But this way you wont have to be satisfied with something ok or spend years to farm that one item.

Bathisar

what i'm suggesting is stopping all of the op gear in the donation store. if i was brand new right out of the box playing on pandora i could have, all skills 120, 100 lrc, 20hci/dci, have as much gold as i wanted, buy ancient hammers to make op weapons, imbuing mats and damn near anything else that you could possibly want. yes i realize that it would be a lot of money but at the same time whats the point? part of the reason why people are happy about the gear that they have is that they worked, bled and sweated over it. whats next?, might as well make a pvp "kit" for $500 dollars  and have 40hci/dci 4/8 fc/fcr, 10 prop weap of your choice, 100% lrc, 40% lmc, 5 prop talisman of your choice oh and max out the hci/dci. for an extra $100 dollars they'll max out dex and str on all of your gear and jewelry so you'll basically be "god" ingame. Name change token not included.

I've seen plenty of shards out there where the staff doesn't give you any special favors for donating. you donate to donate for the shard. not to fill someone else's pockets

Bosskie

Quote from: "Bathisar"~buy ancient hammers to make op weapons,
~so you'll basically be "god" ingame.

When this server opened I saw OP gear. Spell damage on shields, Dex bonus on armor, Virtue set with all the stats you mentioned and then some. That is OP. But If I can get a +60 ancient from in game, and a valorite hammer in game, Is that still considered op? If so please describe what your intention about 'OP' is.

Now I looked at the top pvp'r suits here in pandora and compared to mine. Most par very well to my suit. Others are not much different. Then explain to me why I still have newb statues? Here Ill start. I dont pvp. I have fun running fom reds as they do love hunting me. Cat and mouse. And please if you fair different and get crossed let it be known to me in game.

Hiryus? op? no, evan at 45% dci they cant harm you pvp. So they might dismount you and then the owner might kill ya, But hence playing the game.

Personally the only thing im seeing op here is your mouth and needs to stop.

King Kong

First off don't post something and first thing you say is "I am sure it will be deleted as soon as Kon see this" thats a real easy way to get banned off my shard.

2nd.

100% LRC? That gives no advantage what so ever except the connivance  of not buying regs, plus its pretty expensive.

3rd.

Shimmer with 130 skills? It helps but a Shimmer is a shimmer, people are paying for the cool color, which again does nothing for advantage.

4th.

The HCI / DCI deed, first off it's only 1 of the 2, no stacking, and you must have a donator shroud. Advantage? A little bit, but you could pry have something way better getting lucky imbuing. Also no one has bought one yet, so if it was that good of a deal everyone would have it  :lol:

5th

My shard, my rules, I obviously have the best intentions for Pandora and would never do anything to jepordize it. You are entitled to your opinion, but I am telling your also not seeing it from the person who created the shard and knows exactly how it works, in the short run and long run.

6th

Pulling all nighters working on the shard for everyone etc etc and then having to pay out of pocket for January to keep server going because people are low on funds after Christmas, I needed some more donation ideas.

7th

Like any game in the world, there are some items are really better than other items. If it was all the same it would be extremely boring. Raises the stakes for all.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman