Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Peerless Rough stone drops

Started by Cuemif Sampset, February 18, 2011, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuemif Sampset

I know that rough stones are needed if you want to imbue there for making them a vital item to obtain. I do however have a idea on them dropping on peerless champs ( I know they already do ). I have a little story to help introduce the idea

After about 2 hours of hunting for the keys needed to challenge Dread Horn I finally got them all YAY, I go in kill Dread Horn open the corpse of his mangled unicorn body and to my disbelief not a single rough stone, not even a arty or a deco item. So I moved on kept my head up next time I have to atleast get 1 stone. I went and gathered the keys again this time it only took about 45 minutes. I went in killed the enraged unicorn again and open the corpse and NOTHING again. I did this peerless quest 5 times with in a 8 hour period and got 2 stone TWO.

Here is where my idea come into play. Why not make it so if you kill a peerless boss that you could spend up to 3 hours gathering the keys you are guaranteed a rough JUST 1 ( one ) but the range should  still be 1-7 ( I believe that is what it is now.

Now I know most will say "Cuemif you have a shimmering it is a cake walk" . Well I didn't  always have a shimmering and I know how hard it can be to get all the keys and kill Dread Horn with a Great Dragon or a Cu. I am not asking for this change only because I am not getting roughs, but to help players that do not have the high end animals. They to need to be able to get there suits up to standard as well, the only way they are gonna do that is by IMBUEING .

If you thing I am right in saying this PLEASE post a reply here and  show Kons what we want. If you are here to FLAME please leave me a PM about it don't turn this into a flaming match thanks.

King Kong

Drops are fine. Keeps them a rarer gem.

If your killing Peerless ONLY for rough stones, and don't get any, that's your own personal matters. If you don't want to fight a peerless buy roughs, if no ones selling than don't imbue.

Sorry - not here to make anything easier, this shard is fairly easy enough, and thats why I am putting in constant updates to keep vets happy.

Cheers

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Cuemif Sampset

So what you are saying is that you want new players to wait up to 6 months to get started and to get geared up ? I thought the idea was to bring new players here . there not gonna want to play if ever corner they turn there is a guy or gal with a godly suit that seems so far out of reach. I am just trying to get new players suited sooner then later. Make the PvP on this shard good instead of LD based but your the boss . file your own

Kronen

what?  roughs are pretty easy to get, it's just personal motivation that stops me having more of them ^^ there's multiple sources of roughs, you don't need to farm peerless for them...

sounds like you just had an unlucky run :( i've had times like you where the drop rate's awful, but then other times i've had had 4 stones off one travesty or w/e.  it balances itself out.

Dr Seuss

I wouldnt go so far as to say that roughs are easy to get when they cost 450k gold a piece. Thats not easy for everyone to obtain unless you just have stockpiles of gold laying around. I would also like to know the other ways of getting them besides buying them or farming the bosses. But anyhow noone is saying Kon  just give us everything we want. I think it was just mentioned to look into because it the drops suck sometimes. I also killed navrey like 3 times and a few dread horns and got a total of 2 roughs. Now one could say sweet I got 2 roughs today and be pumped about it or one could say sweet jesus I spent my whole day killing this stuff and getting keys and only got 2 roughs when Im gonna need a whole hell of alot more.  Seeing how you finally get enough roughs to imbue just 1 piece of armor up then to just break it.  Back to square one.  I mean they shouldnt drop like mad because there are times when i get 2 roughs per boss and very rarely for me i will get more than that, but I think that all bosses should drop no less than 1 per kill so it at least makes it worth the 3 hours sometime it takes to get keys. Just my 2 cents.

Kronen

i think you're unlucky too, or i'm especially lucky.. i got 5 (yes, five) roughs off navrey this morning.  but then, i honour everything big that i kill, and that provides a nice fat luck bonus.  maybe luck affects drop rate of roughs, and quantity of them.

QuoteI wouldnt go so far as to say that roughs are easy to get when they cost 450k gold a piece. Thats not easy for everyone to obtain unless you just have stockpiles of gold laying around.

sa mini champs.  some of these are so easy you don't even need to heal during them.  and yes alright the roughs drop is merged with peerless reg drops, but since you can wither your way through the easier mini champs in around 10 mins start to finish, i'd hardly call it difficult.

Dr Seuss

Ah I forgot about the mini champs lol, but ya I dunno if luck affects the drop rates I never honor anything so I will try that thanks.

knoxrub

I can see where Cuemif is coming from.  I don't think he was being too unreasonable.  I realize Konstantine wants to maintain the in game economy...  By making imbuing projects that have a seemingly random chance to break and for you to lose each ingredient and the item you want to imbue... you keep runic items and imbuing ingredients in high demand constantly.  
I don't have a problem with that at all even at the current drop rate.  What I do have an issue with is that there isn't an option for mediocre gear.  Its just not something that is available because imbuing is so expensive... it is also time consuming to gather resources... no one could afford to squander their resources on lesser projects.  You either have junk gear, or PvP quality gear in other words.  
In my opinion, Cuemif was right in the regard that it can take like 6 months of play to get a PvP suit (which is fine)... but as for newer players, I'm sure that none of them are pleased about spending 6 months in a crappy overpriced LRC pieced together suit that has no more total resists than 100 magicresists gives them.  
Currently, resists are the most expensive thing to imbue... not only are the essences insanely rare, but you need to make a blank rune for them as well.  It takes a rough stone, 40 residue, 5 enchanted essence, and 10 of that particular resists essence...  That is for ONE attempt at imbuing resist, obviously you might need to hit the item you're imbuing several times.  And it could break.  In my opinion, resists have no need to be expensive to imbue... everyone should have resists.  That is why I would propose to make the essences drop 100% from the associated elemental (even a noob can farm it for themselves).  It should cost something like 25 residue and 10 elemental essence for each attempt at imbuing resists.  LRC is another property that, much like resists... is a bonus everyone should have access to, even as a noob... whether it be for skilling or hunting... It is 45 residue and 10 enchanted essence right now...  I would change it to about 50 residue total per attempt.  

I would also like to see a noticeable difference between 100 imbuing and 120.  Considering how long it would take to get to 120... and how expensive that would be... there should be a clear difference.  
I'm sure that MANY people will share this opinion.

KVOTHE

Mahavira

I think the drop rate on rough stones is fine.

It's really easy to put together a nice suit, not an 8-prop PvP suit, but you can imbue 6-props without much fear of breaking the gear.

Resists are a pain, that's why people recommend using runic armor with high resists to start as your imbuing base. Or, you can use Royal Leggings of Embers and imbue cold resist on them, and also use Keeonean Chainmail and imbue a resist on them, if necessary. Then you only need two pieces to be runic. Also, you can imbue resists on jewels, or the hack way, on a weapon. The drop rate on elemental essences sucks, but it's always been that way and I think he wants to keep them that rare. They're also heavy props to imbue, so runic with three resists in the 20s, tends to break kind of easily. But you can add at least 3 more props (6 props, remove bonus resists!), without too much of a risk. It's when you try to add 5 more props that you'll be breaking a lot. :D

On the old system, I unravelled 10 paragon artifacts to imbue 1 Mana Regen on a pair of legs, broke the legs first imbue. This system is really easy to get 6 props, 8 props can take some time, but it's supposed to be hard.

knoxrub

I agree with a lot in your post Mahavira as far as the vet players are concerned...  but I hardly think a noob could acquire the ingredients to make an adequate suit in a reasonable amount of time.

In my opinion, resists aren't a luxury, it's a necessity.  LRC isn't either... I think it would be a good idea if it was cheaper to imbue these 2 bonuses.  That way full LRC 70's resists suits could be sold for about 100k each.  A noob could save enough by voting and hunting and get a basic suit to PVE in.

King Kong

To help balance, I am looking to have new players start with a basic LRC leather suite bag, that will off set some things. At least they can train and go hit some champs etc without having to save up for regs. Or make friends and just be peoples healers at peerless, and so on.

Also looking to put a semi hard monster in newbie dungeon that drops 1 stone. Younger players are now 'young' longer since last update.

It's a hard thing to balance for new and old, not like I can give a rough away every time someone clicks vote stone  :lol:

But open to suggestions, you  guys are players, different eyes than me, I need your opinions. All the updates lately was pretty much players requests. I cant do it all, and some I wont agree with, but if I do agree, then Ill make it happen.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

knoxrub

cool I'm betting that will help a lot  :D

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111