Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

No white pearls?

Started by Drax-GVA, February 28, 2011, 07:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drax-GVA

Had three fishermen last night, 1 at 115, 2 at GM, fishing all night.  No white pearls.

Is this intended?

Maggdalena

My husband and I fished all night too, not one white pearl.

I also see that it now takes 2 white pearls to get one sea coin.  If this is a true decrease in the drop rate, I probably won't be fishing any more.
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Drax-GVA

None today as yet.

And, yes.  The 50% devaluation of the pearls makes fishing (for them) useless.  Before the change, if I had two accounts going full time (and a third once in a while) I could fish up 20-30 pearls a day.  With the big fish (about the same quantity) I would average 50 Sea Coins a day.  That put the boots at roughly 3-4 MONTHS of non-stop macroing - with two accounts.

Now?  Who knows?  Certainly makes the possibility of getting the robe or boots pretty out there.  (Of course, this doesn't address the poor sods who purchased hundreds of pearls at 35K - 50K each who now have their value halved.  (And this, I'm sure for some, ran into the tens and tens of millions).

Cuemif Sampset

I agree with you but you also have to remember those sandals are THE BEST shoe wear you can get.  Making them hard to get is good.  And some are super close to getting them I know I am 3000 from having them.  While this may take another month or more to get it will be well worth it as my suit will be that much better.  This is just IMO others will differ

King Kong

We did a change where it takes at least gm fishing skill to fish a white pearl, thats it. But it might have bugged out and reading you need at least 120 and its super rare.

Ill fix this on next reboot.

But they are not going to be near as easy as it was. getting 50 pearls a day? Are you kidding me?

Actually I think best bet is too put white pearls back to normal, but take them off Oceanic stone. White pearls was nothing more than to sink white pearls and actually make them worth something again. The main focus of coins is the big fish.

Feel free not to fish anymore, people are already getting to many sea coins then was intended  :lol:

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Drax-GVA

Kon:  Thanks for the reply!

Well, perhaps you mis-read my post.  I stated "if I had two accounts going full time (and a third once in a while) I could fish up 20-30 pearls a day. With the big fish (about the same quantity) I would average 50 Sea Coins a day."  2-3 accounts going full blast all day every day and 20-30 pearls per day.  That's about 10 per day per account.

If that's too many - from the (then) legal three acounts, doing essentially nothing but macroing fishing all day every day - and this making it so that the accumulation of that would result in being able to get one of the artifacts after three (or more) months (and about a year to get them all - not including the stable slot...)- then I'm lost.  

In gold those items are 200 or 250 million.  You can fish up around 10 big fish a day.  With the pearls, the artifacts were just barely obtainable if you were willing to forego all other macroing activity for several months.   If you get rid of the pearls, then they are simply out of reach.

Cuemif Sampset

I am gonna have to agree with drax. Yes the artifacts need to be hard to get but make them to hard and most will stop trying.  Maybe this is your point but then why add them?  Idk you are the boss here this is just 2 people's thoughts on the matter.  Thank you for doing a great job Konstantine. You rock we are just trying to help is all sorry if I have offended you

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman