Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Doom Arti Idea

Started by Ely, March 08, 2011, 09:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kronen

(can't seem to edit my own posts, that's why i'm replying again.)

the reason i list pretty much all the weapons as worthless or close to worthless is not just because of their mods, but also the weapon type, which determines the special moves available.  there's a reason no one makes regular bows with their runics, or almost any other of the ML weapons.  good weapons are those with good pvp and/or pvm special moves, such as bleed/mortal/concussion/ai/double strike/shot.

ely asked about the possibility of adding the balanced mod to 2h melee weapons as well as ranged.  this is something i've often wished for; if it was a GOOD 2h pvp weapon with good specials, it'd be ever so tasty (my no.1 choice for a doom arti like this would be some leet executioner's axe with this).  

i'm not sure of a valid argument against balanced 2h melee weaps in general, yes it means not disarming to pot, but so what?  surely being able to do this, and maintain range, and keep attacking whilst equipped with a balanced bow is roughly equal to still being able to parry and evade if it's off cool down, and having to keep up close to an opponent to keep hitting him.  it opens up variety of weapons with different special move combos that people might use in pvp, therefore more tactics and opportunities open up.  bringing more dexxer-esque options to the pvp table :)

btw does anyone remember the pre-patch task master?  it had a greater base damage range than any other warfork. this could be a sweet mod for the revised gauntlet weapons, to make them stand out.

Mahavira

Breath of the Dead
Damage Increase: 50%
Hit Harm: 50%
Hit Lightning: 50%
Hit Mana Leech: 50%
Spell Damage Increase: 15%
Swing Speed Increase: 25%
Spell Channeling

Bone Harvesters are very popular on this shard, especially with players who don't have enough stamina to swing hammer picks. I think Breath of the Dead would become an awesome weapon on this shard. Mage PvP Weapon (8 Properties)

Shadow Dancer Leggings
Lower Mana Cost: 10%
Hit Chance Increase: 10%
Hit Point Increase: 10
Stamina Increase: 10
Physical Resist: 17%
Fire Resist: 14%
Cold Resist: 13%
Poison Resist: 18%
Energy Resist: 18%

Dexxer PvP or PvM (About 8 Properties)

Axe of the Heavens
Random Super Slayer
Hit Life Leech: 50%
Hit Poison Area: 50%
Swing Speed Increase: 30%
Spell Channeling

Best PvM weapon in the game is the double axe, has both Double Strike and Whirlwind attack. Put a super slayer on this axe and the appropriate leeches with a hit area effect. Dexxer PvM Weapon (8 Properties)

Bone Crusher
Stamina Increase: 20
Swing Speed Increase: 40%
Spell Channeling

War Mace's have base damage of 16-17, out of all one handed weapons, only Lances hit harder. War Maces have Bleed Attack and Crushing Blow. With Crushing Blow and 100% DI, you can hit for around 40, not counting hit-spells. Not much better than AI, but better. Added stam and SSI 40% because of 4s swing time. Dexxer PvP Weapon (8 Properties)

Mahavira

Midnight Bracers
Lower Reagent Cost: 20%
Mana Increase: 10
Spell Damage Increase: 10%
Defense Chance Increase: 10%
Physical Resist: 18%
Fire Resist: 6%
Cold Resist: 18%
Poison Resist: 6%
Energy Resist: 18%
Mage Armor

PvP/PvM Mage Armor (8 real properties)

Ely

Just a minor sugestion, as we can see ppl want MR2 LMC8 MI8 HPI5 & mabe LRC SI on armor, on wep they want 2 Hit spells SSI DI SC and mabe leaches depending on pourpouse, Now I dont think making all doom arties like tis would be too great, keep some low powerd so that new players can aford to buy them from player vendors, and upgrade when they can aford.
This way you won`t have to remove many/any and the power range covers prices from low to very high.

King Kong

wow guys this is awesome..

So out of the 3-4 posts of people who have made fulls lists, you guys should vote on whos list seems the most legit in the best interest of Pandora.. or out of all those suggestions, make a new list, and be very detail -- if you think something should MR for example.. say MR - 2

Looking all this over.  8-)

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Mahavira

Tunic Of Fire
Mana Regeneration: 2
Stamina Regeneration: 3
Hit Point Regeneration: 2
Stamina increase: 10
Reflect Physical Damage 15%
Physical Resist 24%
Fire Resist 34%
Cold Resist 5%
Poison Resist 10%
Energy Resist 5%

Dexxer PvP/PvM Armor (8 Properties)

Gauntlets Of Nobility
Strenth Bonus: 10
Luck: 150
Damage Increase: 10%
Stamina Bonus: 10
Physical Resist: 18%
Cold Resist: 8%
Poison Resist: 20%
Energy Resist: 8%

Dexxer PvM/PvP Armor (8 Properties)

Armor of Fortune
Luck 200
Defense Chance Increase: 15%
Lower Reagent Cost: 40%
Mana Regeneration: 3
Physical Resist 5%
Fire Resist 15%
Cold Resist 5%
Poison Resist 10%
Energy Resist 5%
Mage Armor

Mage PvM/PvP Armor (8 real Properties)

Divine Countenance
Intelligence Bonus: 8
Reflect Physical Damage: 15%
Physical Resist: 16%
Fire Resist: 9%
Cold Resist: 10%
Poison Resist: 5%
Energy Resist: 25%

Mage Headgear (8 Properties, designed to compete with imbued M&S)

Ring Of The Elements
Spell Damage Increase: 15%
Faster Casting: 2
Luck: 150
Fire Resist: 15%
Cold Resist: 15%
Poison Resist: 15%
Energy Resist: 15%

Mage PvM Ring (8 Properties)

Voice Of The Fallen King
Strength Bonus: 10
Dexterity Bonus: 10
Hit Chance Increase: 10
Defense Chance increase: 10
Hit Point Regeneration: 5
Enhance Potions: 25%
Physical Resist 5%
Fire Resist 5%
Cold Resist 18%
Poison Resist 5%
Energy Resist 18%

Dexxer PvM/PvP Armor (8 Properties, designed to compete with imbued necklace.)

Hunter's Headdress
Strenth Bonus: 10
Hit Chance Increase: 15%
Hit Point Increase: 5
Physical Resist 10%
Fire Resist 8%
Cold Resist 23%
Poison Resist 17%
Energy Resist 7%

Dexxer PvP/PvM Headgear (8 Properties, designed to compete with imbued M&S)

Ornate Crown Of The Harrower
Mana Regeneration: 3
Physical Resist: 10%
Fire Resist: 5%
Cold Resist: 14%
Poison Resist: 17%
Energy Resist: 14%
Mage Armor

Mage PvM/PvP Headgear (8 real Properties, designed to compete with imbued M&S)

King Kong

Mah is that based on the other suggestions above or just on your own?

William Darkage

I agree with some of your suggested items Mahavira but i think some of them might be a little overpowered. Especially the ones where you say competing with imbued M&S or competing with imbued necklace. I definately think Doom arties need to be made better since most of them are useless at the moment, but not as good as imbued gear as training and collecting the materials needed for imbuing seems to be VERY long. I think they should be just a little under as they're still pretty hard to come by.

This is from Gizmo's post about imbuing.
QuoteMany people look at imbuing in different ways, but here on Pandora we want this system to be a end game tool for players.

I kinda agree with that, Doom artis could be the step just before you finish making '' your perfect '' gear, in a way that they're better that imbued stuff with about 5 properties but when an imbued item reaches 7 - 8 properties it will be better than artis.

As i play as a gargoyle i took the liberty of making custom ones for gargoyles  :mrgreen: i tried to keep them about the same strength as SA artifacts currently are. Just thought it could be nice to have some gargoyle stuff dropping outside Ter Mur :) (dont take the names into consideration, english isn't my main language so im not very good at coming up with names.. lol)

WINGS OF THE ENSLAVED GARGOYLE
Dark colored stone wings

Gargoyles only
Resists around 10 - 15% each
Mage Armor
Strength 5
Dexterity 5
Hit Points 10
HP Regen 2
Reflect Physical 15%

SHIELD OF DOOM
Avalaible to both humans and gargoyles, could be a kite shield i think its avalaible to both races.
(Gargish Kite Shield and Metal Kite Shield)

Physical resist 15%
Fire resist 5%
Spell channeling
Hit Chance increase 15%
Defence Chance Increase 15%
Strength 10
Reflect Physical 15%

SHOES OF THE DAMNED
Gargish leather talons

Gargoyles only
Resists around 5 - 15%
Mana 10
Mana Regen 4
LRC 25%
LMC15%
SDI 10%

Another thing, if we were to have an artifact called Wings of Pandora i think it should be the best artifact out there as it would take on the name of the server :) This one should definately compete and even be better than imbued stuff but at the same time be VERY VERY VERY rare. Could be something like that:

WINGS OF PANDORA
Spell Channeling
Damage Increase 75%
Hit Lightning 50%
Hit Fireball 50%
HCI 15%
Strength 10
Dexterity 10
Faster Casting 1
Fast Cast Recovery 2
Hit Life Leech 50%

Now to me that weap definately looks awesome

Lithium66

Well after deep thought on this topic I see goods and bads. One if we change all the items doom will be a hot spot but the pvp guilds will corner the market and the rich will get richer and the new players will still be left with scraps for gear which would leave us with two options---- one go with it or two make gauntlet a non pvp zone. Also I personally think instead of changing every arti I think it would be better to maybe say allow two properties to be added to weapons and 2-3 to armor then people would be able to add what they need etc... I think the same concept would be great for the tokuno majors also. We dont want to over do it and make hammers and sewing kits etc useless either so we need to be careful and think it thru before we act as with every action there is a reaction and we dont need it to bring any bad. I'm all about seeing the shard grow and not go backwards.

Mahavira

@ Konstantine

Just my own, I looked through the other suggestions and they're all pretty much similar. I think when we get all doom artifacts listed then we can make a final list and edit them? How many props should we make them 6-8?

QuoteI agree with some of your suggested items Mahavira but i think some of them might be a little overpowered. Especially the ones where you say competing with imbued M&S or competing with imbued necklace. I definately think Doom arties need to be made better since most of them are useless at the moment, but not as good as imbued gear as training and collecting the materials needed for imbuing seems to be VERY long. I think they should be just a little under as they're still pretty hard to come by.

I was under the impression that we were supposed to create artifacts that would be an "alternative" to the imbuing system. Meaning, obtainable artifacts from rare drops that would compete with high-end imbued gear. We can imbue Mace and Shield glasses here and there's no other viable headgear at the moment (HLD 30%, HPI 5, STR 10, DEX 5, MI 8, MR 2, SI 8, LMC 8, plus high physical and 10s the other resists -- my M&S). That's why I suggested head gear that is comparable. Same with gorgets, Voice of the Fallen King, that's a neck slot. You can imbue +8 all stats, 15 hci, 15 dci, etc, on a necklace. Who would wear a low prop gorget?

I'm not saying these things should drop like normal artifacts, artifact rarity should be comparable to how long it would take a player to imbue an 8 prop item.

William Darkage

Oh well, i guess i just interpreted it differently. I was mostly going for moderate artifacts, something better than current Doom artifacts but not as good as imbued gear. That way there was some kind of gap between noob gear and imbued. But i'll agree that there could be a few that competes with imbuing and others that are a little less powerful. The ones competing with imbued stuff would have to have a very low drop rate in my opinion. Because the way i see it there aren't any alternative to imbued Mace and Shield because the way you described yours its a very awesome piece. I made a rough calculation and here's what i came up.

Only way to get those glasses is through the library donation thing and can only get them at the warrior. They cost 800 000 points, and the cheapest thing you can make is bucklers that give you 9 points for 10 ingots (that's all assuming you don't just donate gold). That would make 88 889 bucklers at 10 iron ingots each (888 890). Sure  considering afk ressource gathering is allowed here someone could probably gather that amount pretty fast, but for someone like me who has no clue how all those complicated scripts work they probably would have to buy them, which would make roughly 2,7 million gold (3gp per iron). Now you need to gather all the materials needed to imbue those which can also be pretty costly i can't really say how much since i haven't tried imbuing yet. But i'm assuming it would be a couple millions gold worth. So if your lucky enough not to fail nor break the glasses it would still cost someone what 5 - 10 millions maybe more to get a pair of glasses like yours?

That's why i was thinking like making those artifacts better so that people who cant afford to have pieces imbued with 8 - 10 properties would have an alternative to having stuff imbued with 5 - 7. But yea might be a good idea to have a few that are as good as fully imbued items, but like i said earlier i do think that they should be VERY rare if that's the case.

Dont forget that all of this is only my opinion, im not the one to decide what's best for the server :)

Kronen

overall, maha's making the best suggestions imo, though i still don't like to see entirely useless mods like hpr on artis.  i notice he hasn't covered all of them yet, so here's my idea for my favourite arti:

Spirit of the Totem
Strength: 20
Hit Chance Increase: 15
Hit Lower Defense: 30
Physical Resist: 20
Fire Resist: 3
Cold Resist: 8
Poison Resist: 4
Energy Resist: 20

mage and dexxer pvp head

Ely

I think were getting somewhere, I like this bridge idea, with some artis being at the top end and some at the lower end of the prop spectrum, otherwize they would all have MR2 LMC8 MI8 MPI5 LRC20 HCI/DCI15 with a few extras thrown in.
I really like what Kro said about the skill artis, if the skill could remain but add over your skill cap like the BoD gloves of mining do.
If we stay with the bridging idea we can have artis that cater to all bank balences. newer players would be able to aford the lower artis to get them off the start line as it were, and upgrade with better arti or imbu and item once there bank balance looks healther.  leaving the ond arti to be sold to the next new player.
As for Lithiums post about PvP in doom, with risk comes reward.  Mabe you would need to do Doom as a group, but then the hard core PvPers are not on all the time, and once the new system is up and running, Doom will be full of Blues, its likly the reds may not get off the beach, (I see normandy june 44, but with the tables turned). IMO revamping Doom will add a masive anount of group/team/guild play, with lots of players fighting bosses and each other.  Far better than only seeing large groups of players at events or Ins bank.

Mahavira

The Taskmaster
Dexterity Bonus: 5
Hit Mana Leech: 40%
Swing Speed Increase: 25%
Spell Channeling

Dexxer PvP Weapon (8 Properties)

Ring Of The Vile
Faster Casting: 1
Faster Casting Recovery: 2
Stamina Regeneration: 6
Poison Eater: 10%

Dexxer PvP Jewelry (8 Properties)

Leggings Of Bane
Hit Point Increase: 6
Lower Mana Cost: 5%
Stamina Increase: 8
Hit Chance Increase: 20%
Physical Resist: 15%
Cold Resist: 6%
Poison Resist: 26%
Energy Resist: 15%
Mage Armor

Dexxer PvP Armor (8 real Properties)

Jackal's Collar
Dexterity Bonus: 15
Enhance Potions: 25%
Hit Point Regeneration: 2
Physical Resist: 5%
Fire Resist: 23%
Cold Resist: 17%
Poison Resist: 3%
Energy Resist: 5%
Mage Armor

Dexxer PvP Armor (8 real Properties)

Ægis
Lower Mana Cost: 8%
Physical Resist: 15%
Spell Channelling

Mage/Dexxer Shield (7 Properties)

Arcane Shield
Defense Chance Increase 15%
Faster Casting Recovery: 2
Fire Resist: 15%
Poison Resist: 15%
Spell Channeling

Mage Shield (7 Properties)

Bracelet Of Health
Faster Casting Recovery: 3
Hit Point Regeneration: 10

Dexxer Bracelet (7 Properties)

Holy Knight's Breastplate
Intelligence Bonus: 10
Physical Resist: 25%
Cold Resist: 5%
Poison Resist: 23%
Energy Resist: 5%

Mage PvP/PvM Armor (8 Properties)

King Kong

If I am correct, I remember Gizmo and me putting this in-- but every Thursday Guantlet is a no pvp zone am I correct?

So that allows a full day for non pvpers

also I would like it to match imbuing... Imbuing is a great tool. But I want alternatives to stuff just as good if you put in the work

I want guantlet to be the hotspot it once was.. simple as that.

So you guys agree Mahs list is the best? Mah can you repost your couple posts you made about each artifact? put them all together in one spot -- and I like the Gargoyle artifacts also :) so if you can steal them from that one guy and put them in your list too -- i just need one sheet of organization to go to town on

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman