Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Making money in Pandora

Started by Serpen, March 10, 2011, 09:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serpen

What's the way that people have found to make gold the fastest as they are coming about in pandora?

King Kong

Voting

Champ Spawns

Entering PvP Tourny and selling the coins after you lose.

Mine up Holy Rocks -- Sell them

There is a lot of ways, making actual gold here is pretty easy

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Wendell

Are there any champ spawns in Trammel? Also I do not know how the [grab command works. Can someone explain it to me?

Ely

If you say [grab near a corpse of pile of gold, it will remove it and put half the gold in your back pack, Quicker, but only pays half.

Kronen

the only trammel ruleset champs you'll find are during the pvm events (can sometimes be coon or semidar), and these drop 5 and 10 powerscrolls but no higher, and some gold.  oh, tokuno also has 1 champ spawn, i've never done it on this server, so i don't know what the rewards are but maybe someone else does.  

then there are mini champs in ter mur, but these don't make it rain gold when they die.  you do have a chance of finding a rough stone on the corpses of the bosses on the mini champs though, and roughs are selling for about 400k each atm.

Wendell

Thank you for the info. I have done the renowned wyvern miniboss before and got a rough stone. I was just looking for a way to make some gold without having to sell items for it.

Ely

TVH in my first 21 or 28 days I actually spent alot of time in the new player dng, the monsters start at mongbats and go up to bloods and further.  After relearning PvM up this gradual lader, I started fron the begining training Disco and Provoke.  Then my time ran out :(  and I had to go looking else where to train.  The new player dng is available longer now to new players and I would sugest using it while you can to get the best gains while you can.  The gold and loot soon adds up while your in there.

Serpen

Thanks for the info, I haven't played UO since T2A was the new thing out so I'm having trouble learning all the new stuff.

Kronen

it's probs not what you want to hear, but train taming asap.  the older pets like ww and dragon, and rune beetle too, are still decent for starting out with until you get your hands on something more powerful like a greater dragon or cu.  then you can kill stuff that drops more gold, even if your own gear is pretty poor.

ely's advice on the young player dungeon is sound, from what i remember of it it's colour coded to give you an idea of the difficulty of each monster in there.  you'll be able to handle blood elementals, titans, lich lords etc with any of the pets i mentioned above, even if your suit is still made up of the new player lrc - just make sure the monsters are hitting your pet, not you.

if you venture out of the newb dungeon, you could try dungeon shame for bloods/poison eles/elder gazers, and hunting overland in the tokuno landmass on a tuesday night makes for a good gold/hr rate and gets you the chance of a lesser tokuno arti landing in your backpack (this is only on tuesdays).  try some of the ilsh dungeons if you think you can handle paragon versions of monsters that move way faster, hit harder and have more hp than their regular counterparts.

Ely

Just to add to my info on newbie dng, as well as gauging what lev mob you can kill, in a relativly save enviroment (bankers, stones, and shrines doted around), the respawn rete in there is very fast, far better than the standard dng times.

enterence used to be accts under 21 days its either been boubled or tripled, Sure some one will conferm this for us.

Serpen

Thanks again, I'm GM Taming and 105 Animal Lore plus GM Peace and Music.. Haven't done discord yet... GM mage and resist plus gm in most of the combat stuff aside from my healing is only 45 or so... I've been using a pet dragon to take out dragons in the newb dungeon and that seems to be going well. I just need to find a 105 animal taming scroll im told and then i can try and get a g dragon, i've seen them for sale for 140k, is that a good price?

Serpen

also you said until i get my hands on a greater dragon or cu... what is a cu?

Ely

Cu Sidhe, it as SE dog looking thing, see http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=2440 for all the info.

Kronen

what ely said.  but they don't spawn very often here compared to osi.

to have a good control rate on a greater dragon, you'll be wanting at least 110 taming/110 lore.  here is a handy site that calculates your success chance on controlling tameables:
http://www.strangeworld.com/uo/prc/tools/tamingcalc.php

you need to know the creature's minimum taming skill to put in the calculator, this can be found in the stratics monster hunters guide (e.g. a gd requires 104.7).

gd prices vary quite a bit.  if you haven't got one yet, [pm kronen in game n i'll get you one for free :)

Serpen

Thanks again for all the info, I guess I just need to find the 105 taming scroll and then buy some 110s too before i try to get one. I will definitely take you up on that offer kronen, thanks!

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman