Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Non-PvP Hunting

Started by Godric, August 18, 2011, 05:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godric

Quote from: "Ferris"Try farming P-Coin mobs, fighting certain Peerless bosses, farming imbue mats in Ter Mur, or mini champions in the Abyss. All very lucrative with incredibly high rewards and absolutely no risk of dying from a Player Killer.

With imbueing, artifacts are no longer necessary to create a great set of gear. Simply, grab yourself a few runic kits and some imbue mats and you should be good to go!

UO is a sandbox, it is what you make of it. If worse comes to worse, join a guild or an alliance that is willing to protect you if you dare venture into Felucca. :-) OR, you could always farm for gold in a safe area and purchase the items that you desire.

I really need to read up on this imbuing business... still have no idea what it all is XD

LokiUO

I too am a PVMer and I do not really enjoy PVP.
   I have been sticking to the Trammel rules areas with an occasional trip to ISH.  So if I understand correctly if I hunt in Sanctuary Trammel I will not get any of the Mondain legacy Minor artifacts like Aegis of Grace or Boomstick.  I have to go to Felucia for that?  Is there anywhere nonPVP area that spawns minor artifacts beside Tokuno on Tuesdays?
Also it looks like the moongates have lost their pvp / no pvp titles any other way to tell you are in a pvp area?
 I am a little disappointed that the Tokuno dungeons are pvp seeing as the rest of Tokuno is not.  
Other than that this server is great!
Maybe more guild, or order vs chaos pvp events could be done.  Maybe gargoyles vs humans vs Elves.  Or a battle for Tristan or something.  I remember a lot more organized pvp back in the day on the OSI servers, maybe I am just out of the loop.

Ely

The tok dngs are on the malas map so if malas is pvp the tok dngs are too. TBH if spent some time down there and got 3 32 minors, roughly 10 an hour, only see another person once.  PvP lands are not half even a quater as dangerous as ppl make out on a shard with around 200 players loged in. true if this was an OSI shard 5 years ago yes it would be dangerous and you would see ppl every where you went.  But it isent, the player count is such that there are lots of places to hunt/collect arties & nice items in PvP lands and not be killed by reds.  Most lands with the exeption of T2A and Fel dng can be recalled out from if you see a red and get spooked.

Ive not done many peerless here, so corect me if im wrong but arnt they all in tram based lands (exept twisted), whats the arti/item drop on those? Also the PvM events are not PvP and they are always good for items.

To conclude the PvM no where saft to hunt argument is getting stale, even in fel items dont come eazy, seems the PvM comunity is using this as an argument as an excuse to get out of the hard work needed to gather arties and thus funds in there bankbox.
Read though the posts ive writen on this subject there full of ideas and ways to improve your bank balence.

Godric

Quote from: "Ely"To conclude the PvM no where saft to hunt argument is getting stale, even in fel items dont come eazy, seems the PvM comunity is using this as an argument as an excuse to get out of the hard work needed to gather arties and thus funds in there bankbox.
Read though the posts ive writen on this subject there full of ideas and ways to improve your bank balence.

Respect your opinion Ely, but have to disagree. I don't care if there is one person in all of Felucca - I'm not going to make that two and risk them finding me  :lol: . That is my choice and if that means I lose out on some of the greater stuff then that is what I will do - I'm not complaining that all the good areas are PvP only, I hope I've only ever stated that I will stay away from them and asked if there are any areas similar where PvP is disabled. If it were ever put to a vote I don't think I need to state what my choice would be but I'm not petitioning it, requesting it, begging for it... but I'm also not going to back down on my "stay away from PvP area" playstyle  :P

LokiUO

I checked out the FFA and it was a lot of fun.  Think I am going to branch out a bit.
My new donation bank box and insurance will keep me from losing items I care about.
I think what bugs people the most is the time it takes to get bandages, reagents, etc and load yourself up with the minor things that you need to hunt.  Bankbox eliminates that.  Just keep a supply in your bank and you are good to go.

I figure if you use the stones everyday that should pay for the insurance for 2 deaths.
Pretty sure there is no death penalty on this server and I don't think rez killing will be wide spread as the players on this server are a fun group.  

Looking forward to exploring new areas.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]