Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Questions from a New Player

Started by theTony, September 07, 2011, 08:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theTony

Pretty much just started up on the shard after a recommendation from a friend.  Played on OSI for 6 or 7 years and on a couple other free shards more recently.  I'm liking Pandora so far, although it's very different.  

As for my questions:

1.  I know there are 3 trammel rulesets and 3 fel rulesets, as per the features page.  However, which ones are which?  Fel is Fel & Tram is Tram, that's easy, what are the other facets?

2.  I know the stat caps (individual & combined) but what are some typical stat setups people use?  For instance, would a more mage-ish character pour most of their stats into STR & Int?  Would a dexer pour most of theirs into STR & Dex?  Or is a more balanced setup more desirable?

3.  If I went to stratics and looked up the areas and spawn locations, would that be accurate for Pandora or is there a Pandora specific place with custom stuff I should be looking for?  

4.  Other than no skill cap, is there anything else I should know of that's wildly different from OSI?  

5.  I plan to do some research on the current state of the game, is stratics the go-to place or should I hit somewhere else?

I stopped playing OSI right as Samurai Empire was coming out, so pretty much any lands beyond that are completely new to me.  The free shards I've been playing have all been pre-aos, so I'm more used to that style of play.  Any primers or guides to getting up to date for an old newbie would be great.  

Thanks

King Kong

First off welcome to Pandora. We are very big and complex shard. We have been the first in almost everything as far as expansions go and new content. So I believe the more you get into Pandora the more you will discover.

1.  I know there are 3 trammel rulesets and 3 fel rulesets, as per the features page.  However, which ones are which?  Fel is Fel & Tram is Tram, that's easy, what are the other facets?

Ilshenar - Felucca Rules

Malas - Felucca Rules

Tokuno - Trammel Rules

Ter Mur - Trammel Rules

The rest of the locations are usually labeled or if it's like 'Donation House' you can assume it's Trammel.  8-)

2.  I know the stat caps (individual & combined) but what are some typical stat setups people use?  For instance, would a more mage-ish character pour most of their stats into STR & Int?  Would a dexer pour most of theirs into STR & Dex?  Or is a more balanced setup more desirable?

This varies and is very general. Since we are no stat cap you want more than likely to dump a lot in str obviously for the hit points. Now INT and DEX are up to you, you will have to use magic to compete on shard, it is a balance of mage and dexxor at the same time. You want enough mana to do your dumps but have enough dex to have fast band aids. Whatever balance you choose to do you can make up for the lower stat with armor and jewelry. Start by capping out str to 150, and I would talk to other players and get their opinion about the balance of the other 2.

3.  If I went to stratics and looked up the areas and spawn locations, would that be accurate for Pandora or is there a Pandora specific place with custom stuff I should be looking for?  

Yes and No. We have a lot of custom spawns but a lot of spawns are pretty accurate to stratics. For example, in Destard you will find Dragon and Drakes like on stratics, but you might also find some Pandora Coin Monsters. You can look at those by going into the public moongate > Pandora people locations > Pandora Zoo.  Think of is like stratics, but more added to it.  :lol:

4.  Other than no skill cap, is there anything else I should know of that's wildly different from OSI?  

Hehe... Hmm... Yes. But it's things you just figure as you go. I believe you will love it and will be a nice surprise for you. A huge difference is we have automatic events. Staff does not even have to be on for them. But there is too many things to list, and even listing things we couldn't cover it all.

5.  I plan to do some research on the current state of the game, is stratics the go-to place or should I hit somewhere else?

Stratics, UO Guide, etc. Also check the player guides on our forums and go through shard updates section on forums and read those updates. That will give you a really good idea on things added to shard. Might take awhile to read all the updates last 2 years but will probably be worth it.

I hope I answered your questions well enough and I am glad to see a vet joining Pandora. I am Konstantine the owner and creator of Pandora. See you in game and welcome.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman