Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Enhanced client launcher (files inside)

Started by Boogly, October 10, 2011, 01:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boogly

Here are the launcher files and launcher for running EC on pandorauo. I got these files way back in the day when pandorauo supported EC. And due to popular demand, i went out of my way to help bring back enhanced client.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OE6BXYVS
Unzip all the files into the main EC folder. Enjoy.

Xyanna

I didn't open this file because when I scanned the zip file with AVG it told me UOSALoader.exe and cheese.dll were infected files.
I have a UoSALoader.exe on my computer already and that one didn't scan as infected so what's up with your file?

OAN

I had uosa loader too, but this one works and all the others i downloaded did not... use at own risk as allways though.

Xyanna

So you're saying you downloaded this exact file and executed it then ran a virus scan afterwards and all is fine?
Call me paranoid but when I read up how the virus version of UOSALoader.exe works I didn't want to touch it because of the initial scan on the zip file.
Besides, I'm sure everyone will want to know if someone tested the file and it worked well... without blowing up their computer.

zaxarus

I am very sure, that some files, used to connected to freeshards, are called "infected" by certain programs, because it's like these files access some stuff on your PC in order to connect.
Maybe this is infected, but in most cases it's wrong and only cause of the kind of file, not its purpose.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Heric

Hi can anyone confirm that these work? Will be trying them myself later just reinstalling the EC

King Kong

If someone confirms this is legit I will sticky this and put it in Wiki.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

OAN

downloaded and works, few problems with the client though.

-No drop menus that work. (like when you click yourself once, or a pet or an npc).
-Item colors remain yellow.. so hard to see if there are decent unrefel items in a corpse
-rest of the smaller issues like inventory etc, is no biggy... only those 2 really break the client for me :) still nice to have tested it though.

So yeah, stick this if you can kon.

ty.

Heric

Yep confirm got it running on win 7 64bit. Had to get some missing c+ files and add to anti virus exceptions list. Bags not really an issue as you can set them to legacy mode (2D bag style) the systems auto target don't work but if you create a macro it does so no real issue there ether. Looks good!! Thanks Boogly!!

Xyanna

Glad to hear this all worked out, plus it makes a nice thread to post workarounds for anything that might not work. Thanks for posting your results.

King Kong

Quote from: "OAN"downloaded and works, few problems with the client though.

-No drop menus that work. (like when you click yourself once, or a pet or an npc).
-Item colors remain yellow.. so hard to see if there are decent unrefel items in a corpse
-rest of the smaller issues like inventory etc, is no biggy... only those 2 really break the client for me :) still nice to have tested it though.

So yeah, stick this if you can kon.

ty.

This was expected, exactly why we don't support it fully.

2nd. Boog thanks for posting this. Since Pandora keeps up with the most current client, will this have to be repackaged up for each client update?

Heric

For anyone using Pinco's UI will patch and work. this adds a lot of options to the UI as well as in item imbuning weights to the item tags. note it wont fix the bag grid or the drop down menu's. nice ui mod though, would recomend anyone using the EC have a look. (just search uo pinco's UI)
Link added

http://www.guain.it/uotemplateeditor/

King Kong

Quote from: "Heric"For anyone using Pinco's UI will patch and work. this adds a lot of options to the UI as well as in item imbuning weights to the item tags. note it wont fix the bag grid or the drop down menu's. nice ui mod though, would recomend anyone using the EC have a look. (just search uo pinco's UI)

Can you post a link for us kind sir?

King Kong

Also thanks to OAN's kind work on the Wiki -- here is official page for enhanced client

http://www.pandorauo.com/wiki/pmwiki.ph ... lientSetup

Heric

another note on the EC. you can get a game pad to run with it. I know that most PC game players see this as some kind of sacrilege and for some game play styles wont work that well, just letting those who are intrested know that it can be done. I use a PS3 pad with DS3 Tool to short cut key bindings to the pad. setting the analog stick to up, down, left, right keys will allow full movement on the EC (it does't work on 2D as you cant press 2 keys to move diagonally). with a little thinking on how you set the rest of the pad up you can get a lot of button macros out of it. I currently have about 30 set-up for use. Do you still need an mouse... it helps and i do for some things but you could run without one as you can set the other analog stick up to control mouse movement (feels horrible to me though).

game pad driver link
http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111