Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Distinction between Character Types || Balance

Started by taisen, November 16, 2011, 12:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taisen

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum but i think this needs to be addressed in some way.  Some people may not agree or whatnot but i think it is needed.

Is there anyway to have a distinction between pure mages, hybrids, dexxers, chivalry dexxers, etc like certain specilizations?  I'm aware that this server is no skill cap but im just wondering if it is intended for EVERYONE  to be a hybrid mage? i'm not trolling, flaming, or dissing this shard in anyway but just want to know whats up or whatever.  I dunno, you probably disagree konstantine, but shouldn't there be balance between whatever people play?

P.S. i hope i dont get banned.

OAN

Bringing up a discussion has no banning consequences. I'm pretty sure it has been thought about a million times before making the server mate.. and as it is now there is no changing back either. Good thing is, people are still "different" by means of equipment and playstyle. And the server has adjusted to being able to fulfill all roles, so monsters are that little bit stronger to keep it all fun even though you might feel like a god when looking at your skills:)

The roles in ultima online have never really been there, so I kind of understand their decision.

-oan

taisen

your right about the there were never really roles part in ultima online, but there was always balance.  i think this server needs some balance and its never too late for anything man.  im sure kon can think of something.

OAN

At the moment everyone is equal... in skills and possibilities. (the best weapons and armors are still available to get so even being an older player has no advantage). Thus, even though it might sound dull, everyone being equal is perfect balance. I do understand where your heading though, and I must say that I too love that kind of gameplay... but for those moments I play another game:)

-oan

Lithium66

Well Kon is trying to bring more gargoyle play into the game so balance there is not atm due to a couple fixes that i have made him aware of. As of right now gargoyles and positive karma characters are the strongest. Gargoyles by far will be supreme due to now they can get any artifact a human etc can wear plus they can fly and dismount while flying that makes them supreme next is any person with positive karma that can remove curse and mortal etc.

The red character and the poisoners are pretty much useless atm due to poison is useless due to the pot scripts keep chugging till its cured and the red character gets dropped with two mortals in a row due to you eat one apple and then the enemy has 15 seconds to kill ya cause you cant eat another.

They are easy fixes and I have spoken with kon on these issues and I'm sure some fixes are in the works.

Balance is the key to promoting a shard and the pvp aspect of it and it is always gonna take tweaking as time and items etc change.

King Kong

Changes are always being made as Pandora evolves.

If looking at the old school Ultima, then yes everyone's a hybrid mage in a sense.

We are not old school.

Many different classes like Bushido, weapon abilities, etc on how you play.
With no skill cap there is 1000+ ways of going about things.

Gargoyles are by no means the strongest race, just because they cannot be bolad cause they fly doesn't mean anything. There is advantages to all races.

6 facets. Only 1 drops Gargoyle gear and there is twice as much human/elf gear that can drop in guantlet.

The poison issue I am l looking into, last patch made cure pots to fail a lot more. But if someone takes the time to make all those potions don't they have the right to use them? Called preperation.

We change as we go. If you cannot play well with it, I am really sorry. But 2 years solid has proved much different for hundreds of people.

But yes, there are tweaks on the to do list.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

King Kong

Side note: I will take another look at poisoning soon etc

Lithium66

Yes and ty poison is a major issue as with pot scripts they will auto chug until cured which takes like one second and makes poisoning useless atm

King Kong

Quote from: "Lithium66"Yes and ty poison is a major issue as with pot scripts they will auto chug until cured which takes like one second and makes poisoning useless atm

Fixed in patch 28, your correct on this.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman