Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

General Suggestions

Started by Roedar, December 15, 2011, 03:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roedar

I've been reading a lot of forums posts about the server having an abundance of gold, power scrolls and the lack of PvP among other things. So I just thought of a few idea's that could be tested, or discussed and worked out to possibly solve and improve the shard. Many of my idea's come from Siege Perilous rules.

1). Shopkeeper NPCs do not buy items from players
2). Shopkeeper NPCs charge 3x more for the items they sell
3). Hireling NPCs charge 3x more for their services
4). No Recall or Sacred Journey spells (Strictly Gate travel to increase the PvP)
5). Player Vendors will charge 3x as much for their services.
6). Although you must still be in the Thieves Guild to steal from players, you will not be removed from the guild for collecting a murder count, nor are there any skill or time requirements to meet before joining.

Reading before, I liked the idea (I believe) Gasper had given; Make everything PvP (Except Trammel) and inside Luna walls (including where he luna house plots reside) and allow Tokuno to be PvP during red phase (with a low ToT drop rate) and PvM during green phase (with a slightly higher drop rate than already present).

I also liked the idea of controlling towns through the use of PvP. This could be a huge possibility of gold dump, but there would be alot of scripting involved.
Make siege times and peace times where you don't have to be on guard 24/7. Also, possibly make a region tax for houses? (Yeah a lot of this sounds really absurd and probably is impossible, I'm just gonna stop now bahahha)

King Kong

Not bad ideas mate, and some already on my list.

Thank you

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Roedar

Quote from: "Konstantine"Not bad ideas mate, and some already on my list.

Thank you

No problem. :)

Thieves need to make a living somehow  8-) and personally I feel as a player that I feel safe too much and that in some areas I should feel less safe, especially when everyone's trying to earn something amazing artifacts. And maybe these risks should = reward haha.. maybe like a .2 increase in drops in PvP areas during off peak hours and .4 increase in drops in peak hours. Al though that might not be good for the overflow in gold situation.

Elcid

Remove item insurance! And make item durability a lot less.

That way people have to replace their gear.

Or otherwise increase the cost of insurance depending on the value of the gear you are wearing.

A pair of leather gloves = 600gp to insure
An Imbued Pandora ToT also = 600gp to inure...

Doesnt seem right... insurance doesnt work that way in real life.
Elcid [ODP]

Casho

no insurance or more expensive insurance = less pvp

and if player have to buy new armor etc. the amount of gold on the server stays the same. gold changes only the player.

wrong way

Tyrone Biggums

I know OSI made insurance based on items, it wasn't based 600 gp per item. Might be more coding but might help for PvP. As for remove insurance? O hell no. I didn't work a few month for a suit to get it looted.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman