Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

General UO player question

Started by littlboz, December 31, 2011, 06:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlboz

Hello everyone. I use to play on imagine nation 2 which closed down and now I am located on run uo (demise).

This shard looks excellent with a great player base and lots of customization with staying on top of UO updates.

Everything is perfect however I can't play on this shard and many others because it does not have a skill cap. I am wondering why it seems that so many players prefer not have a skill cap. Dosen't this ruin the art of making templates and unique gameplay? I feel like all the pks are just those who have all of their skills maxed out. I am wondering what is the point. If you guys can convince me I would love to play here.

Helvinr

It's not so much what you CAN do as what you WANT to do. You can have GM everything. Heck, 120 Everything. You wanna PvM?  Go pull out your greater dragon and PvM. You wanna PvP? Pull out your dexxer gear.

Sure, you could do it all on alts. But then you have to work up your skills on all of those alts, shell out cash or chance a champ spawn raid for PS's, and the lot. It also causes people to not need as many characters, thus a little less memory being used for the shard.

As for PvP styles, there are all sorts. Sure, you get the majority of them being Hybrids. They will dex you like no other and then FS you as you run off. But you can do equally well by playing the way you want. I've seen plenty of pure mages knock around hybrids. Seen a dexxer kick a pure mage's hind quarters. Seen a hybrid beat down a dexxer.

The point is, just because there's no skill cap doesn't mean you can't play the way YOU want to play. It doesn't make sense to me why that would even be a part of the equation.
Send me a PM if you need any help or find me in game via the [c command =] My name is Skald!
________
I\'m like Robbin Hood. But with a lot of robbin\' and I don\'t have a hood. Yet. But I steal from the rich and give to.... my bank box. That counts, right?

King Kong

Much what Helv said.

No skill cap actually allows more unique playing style then having a skill cap in my opinion.

I am a old school player, before I created Pandora I was on OSI for over a decade so I get where your coming from.

But also with that, I never got the point where I have to make a separate character to have a dragon. Or a separate character to just have a dexxor, when I could do all of those on 1 character. No point in logging in and out to do certain things or running multiple clients. So I feel like a skill cap actually limits you more than anything, and limits in a bad way. Cause regardless people are going to get the skills they want, whether they have to make 1 character or 6.  Your a human, so you can actually only really do 1 thing at 1 given moment in time. Just because you have all skills GMed doesnt mean you can use all of them at the same time for some weird advantage. Get my point?

You will also notice on Pandora that everything is accelerated. As in casting CAN be 4 times faster than normal old school UO. With that, it really comes down to the skill of you. Pandora is much more complex than what your used to playing, but also very simple in all the good ways, we think.

I think you should give it a month, rarely do people give Pandora a shot and don't stay for a bit.

But different strokes for different folks. Cannot please everyone, but we sure try.

:D  Hope to see you around.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

littlboz

hmm. Alright, I think I will give it a try.

Elcid

Quote from: "littlboz"hmm. Alright, I think I will give it a try.

I'm an old IN, IN2, IN:R, IN:X player, shoot me a PM ingame if you need some help

[pm elcid
Elcid [ODP]

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111