Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

empty bottles

Started by kej, March 01, 2012, 08:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kej

hi, ive been hunting for empty bottles to train alchemy, other than on one vendor were i found 10, im having a really hard time finding them, checked alot of vendors now so was wondering if there not spawning properly?

thx in advance

Casho

Quote from: "Konstantine"...- Empty Bottles will no longer be sold by NPC's. You must use Glassblowing to make them, only takes 1 piece of sand. You also do not have to make them 1 by 1. Example: You simply can throw 400 sand in your backpack, click one button, will make 400 empty bottles.

- When you drink potions now, instead of it returning to an empty bottle, it will delete it's self....

kej

thx for the replie :)

kej

ok i just looked into this, i need to be  Grandmaster Alchemist to learn glassblowing? which leaves me in a situation of how do i get to GM without the bottles lol

source of the info i have http://www.uoguide.com/Glassblowing

still looking on pandoras site for the info ofc.

again thx for help

King Kong

Quote from: "kej"ok i just looked into this, i need to be  Grandmaster Alchemist to learn glassblowing? which leaves me in a situation of how do i get to GM without the bottles lol

source of the info i have http://www.uoguide.com/Glassblowing

still looking on pandoras site for the info ofc.

again thx for help

Hmm well I know making bottles only takes actually 30 alchemy, and you can train up to 32 on a NPC Alchemist.

But you might have a good point about the glassblowing being GM.. Can someone confirm this? I was under the impression if you had enough gold to buy the glassblowing book you automatically learned it, reguardless of your skill as a alchemist.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Casho

I dont want to spend about 50k Gold just to confirm something which should also be confirmed by checking the scripts, sorry.

I did not want to say this at first, but it seems like there is no other way to help you out:
Buy or make a keg and fill lesser potions from NPCs/loot into it.
I think you will stay with a full keg and empty bottles.

kej

Quote from: "Konstantine"Hmm well I know making bottles only takes actually 30 alchemy, and you can train up to 32 on a NPC Alchemist.

But you might have a good point about the glassblowing being GM.. Can someone confirm this? I was under the impression if you had enough gold to buy the glassblowing book you automatically learned it, reguardless of your skill as a alchemist.

i havn't found any info regards making bottles with 30 skill just using glassblowing, i have trained the alchemy tho so ill have another look about today and see what i can dig up, will post links if i find any info.

Quote from: "Casho"I dont want to spend about 50k Gold just to confirm something which should also be confirmed by checking the scripts, sorry.

I did not want to say this at first, but it seems like there is no other way to help you out:
Buy or make a keg and fill lesser potions from NPCs/loot into it.
I think you will stay with a full keg and empty bottles.

ill give the keg idea a try later today, hadnt thought of that, another way me and a friend found to get empty bottles is poisoning food/weapons etc. but you ofc loose karma doing that so the keg idea is alot better for players who dont want to loose it.

and again thanks for the help, much apppreciated

weasel

I have around 500 empty bottles you can have

King Kong

Quote from: "Casho"I dont want to spend about 50k Gold just to confirm something which should also be confirmed by checking the scripts, sorry.

I am sorry I cannot drop whatever I am doing at the time and run through 10k+ scripts to find the answer that simply someone else can answer. -- And what I am telling you is what I see in the "scripts" but a lot of time there are overrides in other scripts or in the core. I don't want to say something 100% when there is a 1% chance it's overridden somewhere else.

Casho

If nobody of your team wants to check the scripts there should also be the possibility to simply test it with an test account and could be done by every Game Master.
No need to drop what ever you are doing.

You think it could be simply answered by someone else but as you can see nobody did.
There are not many ppl. in the forums who are helping other players.

GrooveGuru

In game name Aitrus

I have 33.3 Alchemy and I am unable to read the glassblowing book. I was waiting for some player vendors to start selling some empties and raise it that way. It says I have to be GM alchemy in order to use it. Had me puzzled.
Aitrus

King Kong

Quote from: "Casho"If nobody of your team wants to check the scripts there should also be the possibility to simply test it with an test account and could be done by every Game Master.
No need to drop what ever you are doing.

You think it could be simply answered by someone else but as you can see nobody did.
There are not many ppl. in the forums who are helping other players.

I did check it and made an override in the script to allow it next patch, regardless if there is an override somewhere else.

And we only have 1 game master, and she is it on leave for last couple days. Vorspire doesn't really come in game in scripts, and obviously I am busy, and still managed to fix it the same day.

kej

ok an update. the book to learn glassblowing is 50k, the book to mine sand 30k, you need to be GM in the relevant skills in order to use the books, so far as i can tell from the sites i've read that is (afraid i dont have that sort of cash yet to test it, sorry).

I opted to try the keg idea anyway but hit a snag, i leveled my carpentry to make the basic keg and at the same time my friend started tinkering in order to turn the keg into a potion keg but when he got to it we realised we needed 10 empty bottles to make it  :( .  so realistically anyone who wishes to raise alchemy needs to buy/loot lots of poisons and kill there karma poisoning weapons for empty bottles or have a friend with GM alchemy and glassblowing, this really isn't new player friendly imo (speaking as a new player to this server).

ps .. because that last bracketed bit might sound negative. 2 friends and myself have joined this server we are old vets( last time we played UO was some 10 years ago) and we all think the server is great and friendly but we are finding this part of it a bit frustrating.

we will ofc start saving for these books now.

WTB glass bottles.... lots of them  :lol:

kej

Quote from: "Konstantine"I did check it and made an override in the script to allow it next patch, regardless if there is an override somewhere else.

And we only have 1 game master, and she is it on leave for last couple days. Vorspire doesn't really come in game in scripts, and obviously I am busy, and still managed to fix it the same day.

think i missed this when i did my last replie, does this mean you can buy the book at any skill level? or you will be able to buy bottles from vendors once again?

King Kong

Quote from: "kej"
Quote from: "Konstantine"I did check it and made an override in the script to allow it next patch, regardless if there is an override somewhere else.

think i missed this when i did my last replie, does this mean you can buy the book at any skill level? or you will be able to buy bottles from vendors once again?

Publish 32 going in within the hour and you can buy book at any skill level.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman