Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Solo hunting

Started by hobo, March 20, 2012, 02:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobo

Hi fellow!
First, I want to introduce myself: I an old (in rl too  :roll: )  uo player. I stopped about 3-4 years ago, a lot of changes was made... so I need to re-learn a lot. Now I'm a sparetime player, i don't mean to become a powerplayer, just be good enogh to build a solid char and a pretty house with my   yacht on the coast.

Atm, i raised my skills, i like the necro-mage template, that's my first choice. Then i'm raising a necro-archer with taming skill to get a good tanker pet.

Meanwhile, i do seldom hunting and exploring, anyway i can't find a good spot to hunt and raise some gold or good equipment.

So... where? how? Any advice will be appreciated  :roll:

skaven

Hi!

I was in your same commitment at the start. I had no trouble in GMing most of combat/magic skills (thanks to the 100%LRC suit hehe), but then, i was struggling to find some good combination to make gold.

In my humble opinion i found two feasible routes:

1) The Crafting Way: If you have patience, i find that the best way to make money selling to NPC is INSCRIPTION. Try it. I found this way when i was training the skill to make my own runebook. I crafted scrolls and sold them... i found i got much more gold that what i spent!
At GM inscription i only make Flamestrike Scrolls (2 reagents) and sold them. You will be amazed at the amount of money you can amass without hunting :)

2) The Hunter Way: Hoping your skills are at least good to start, i find this route easy and profitable to train in relative security and go step by step to be better prepared to what awaits you.

I hit the following places, as i raised my melee skills first i was looking for as few casters as possible:

- Shame lvl 1 (earth Elementals)
- Despise lvl 1-2 (lizardmen, ettins, trolls)
- Ilshenar Ratman Camp near Lakeshire (ratman, ratman archer and the occasional ratman mage): Beware of Paragons, especially Ratmage Paragons.
- Despise lvl 3 (Ogre, Ogre Lords)
- Cyclops Garden and Village near Valor Moongate (Ettin, Cyclopean Warrior, the occasional Titan). Again, beware of Paragons, especially Titan Paragons can ruin your day...

Remember this is a no skill cap shard, so you can be necro mage... and archer and tamer at the same time! No need to create additional character. Easier to hunt too, you can simply bring your newbie glass bake kitsune (When fully trained, it is a good tank, in par with a normal dragon i think) and hunt away at your leisure.

For me, hunting has become boring, and i am now raising my treasure hunter skills to get a good challenge :P

If you want company in game, drop a PM (Fabsm) if you see me online.

Good game!

hobo

Thank you for your tips, i'm going for the inscription way too... i've already raised my combat skills, magery and ress spell... suddenly i'll go for mysticism and spellweaving too. I'm about to create the final caster character! :P

Meanwhile I'll try to go hunting in that places. I hope to find you in game!  8-)

PS
I remeber when i first started playing a lot time ago, there were the prisoner's camps, it was an easy way to get some money... here i can't find one anywhere. They all were removed?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman