Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

AFK gating death brit

Started by Kotosar, March 21, 2012, 07:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotosar

here's a good one. how did i die when i was afk gating to my shop in west brit tram? i wasnt red or  gray mind you and im not in any guild. so how or why did i die the 2 nights ago? was i doing a no no or something im just confused and wanted to know whats up. and yeah i didnt get my body or the loot that wasnt blessed or insured but idk i thought it was a safe spot to afk gate.
Be real or be dead, for life is a gift given to all.

King Kong

It is if you're not flagged. Even if someone released a pet, waited an hour for it to be able to attack the guard would whack it right away.

I will look into it.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Lightning

Or if u put a poison wall on the afk'er and go into a pvp region, then u also get dmg.

Des Sanct

I was semi afk spamming the other day on the east side of west brit bank and somehow a "Chuck Norris" mob came and killed half of the gaters before he was whacked.

Des Sanct

Quote from: "Lightning"Or if u put a poison wall on the afk'er and go into a pvp region, then u also get dmg.

This is not even possible at brit bank tram.

Jupiter

Chuck Norris would. He's so badass not even the fuzz can take him down.

Walter Wego

Drifting a bit. Helped a new character and ended up under attack at a world gate so I just clicked "Newbie Dungeon" for the destination knowing it would take me to the newbie champ. Just then I got an important phone call so thinking I'd be invisible I answered the phone. There is a bug at the newbie champ that unmounts you from your ride. New feature, something attacks your mount and it unhides you. My mare wasn't in guard mode and apparently someone had trained a bunch of monsters to the gate. Monsters attack mare, my character is unhidden, monsters attack my character, my character dies.

I get off the phone, see situation so I go to resurrection gardens and return to the newbie champ. I double click my bones and NOTHING! I single click, I double click, I leave area and return multiple times, nothing. The corpse won't return gear or even open. I ask someone in the area and they tell me it gives them the "You can not loot this corpse" message. I page a GM, none online. Corpse disappears and needless to say I didn't have all the much insured.

Nothing lost that can't be replaced of course but it took me 4 months to collect some of the stuff like a full +5 taming outfit, boots, apron, robe, sash. I think I did about 400 turn ins to get my runic fletching kit I'd only used twice.

Just venting and commiserating, bugs are bugs, nobody likes them or puts them in intentionally. Them be the breaks.

Walter Wego

Casho

1. insure!
2. do not leave your char except it is realy save!
3. insure! insure! insure!
4. allow to renew insuration!
5. wasn`t there a corpse stone anywhere ?

Others aren`t allowed to loot your corpse, except at PvP areas or if your in a group and did allowed your group mates to loot your char. If I'm not mistaken.

Sometimes it helps to press shift+ctrl and double click the sign.

King Kong

Quote from: "Jupiter"Chuck Norris would. He's so badass not even the fuzz can take him down.

Ill get a town crier over there, so she can call some guards.

Yes Chuck Norris don't take crap from anyone, including guards. Sometimes it is, what it is.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Walter Wego

Quote from: "Casho"1. insure!
2. do not leave your char except it is realy save!
3. insure! insure! insure!
4. allow to renew insuration!
5. wasn`t there a corpse stone anywhere ?

Others aren`t allowed to loot your corpse, except at PvP areas or if your in a group and did allowed your group mates to loot your char. If I'm not mistaken.

Sometimes it helps to press shift+ctrl and double click the sign.

I did not make it clear: My corpse was there, but it wouldn't open. Even did the shift+ctrl trick and it still wouldn't open. I could pick it up and it would rubber band back to the same spot, but still wouldn't open. Only one corpse, only died once, corpse would not open. Ran off screen just in case it was a problem with Razor auto opening corpse upon using the world gate, ran back and it still wouldn't open. Tried the same way there, using world gate and newbie dungeon because sometimes Razor will auto open a corpse when you gate or recall into an area, nothing. At least 5 minutes of double clicking my corpse every way possible and it wouldn't open. Eventually it just disappeared. No GMs online so that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I started a new character on my account to see if I could duplicate the bug. Died on the world gate but didn't have any problems. I don't know what caused the bug, I just know I got hit pretty hard by it.

My characters die *A LOT* because of the my game style. I always put GM hiding and Stealth on them so corpse recovery is *NEVER* a problem. It would not have been a problem this time except for the bugged corpse.

Even if the character was killed by other players and dry looted, you can still open your corpse. This was different.

It's just time to suck it up and collect another couple of thousand taming BODs to get the right ones to replace my gear. Time to turn in another couple of hundred fletcher quests to get another runic fletching kit. About the only thing that will be tough is imbuing my equipment to the level it was before the loss. Mats are a bit hard to come by now. Heck, I started doing MIBs again last night to give me a leg up on gear. I did have one nice bow insured but was carrying pretty full kit. Lost at leas 2 more bows nicer then the one I had insured and a nice luck/resist/LRC suit. I've seen the +5 lore and veterinary stuff go for about a million a piece so on the high side, lost about 4 million gold on it alone. Heck, I know people that have lost Towers to bugs! It was their guild headquarters so plenty of people to verify it was being refreshed and like new condition before it disappeared. It just happens.

Walter Wego

Casho

In your first post you said something about your bones.
I´m not sure but I think if there were only bones and not your corpse it means your stuff were already gone. Or maybe we are not able to open player bones, I don`t know about. Never had that problem.

It sucks, I did understand.

Next time you could try to get your stuff from corpse stone.

Kotosar

sounds more like a issue with your Auto-Queue delay. You might of over clicked, causing it to hold you in limbo on opening the corpse. Ive had a issue like that once quick fix was to reboot UO. by that i mean exiting out of UO and Razor and reload it.
Be real or be dead, for life is a gift given to all.

Des Sanct

Quote from: "Kotosar"sounds more like a issue with your Auto-Queue delay. You might of over clicked, causing it to hold you in limbo on opening the corpse. Ive had a issue like that once quick fix was to reboot UO. by that i mean exiting out of UO and Razor and reload it.

There is a much easier way to do this. Set a macro using the follwing steps
Razor>Hotkeys>Misc.>Resynchronize Client -Set this to a hotkey.

This will help even in situations where you have rubberbanded and are actually off the grid by one tile.

Angel0178

Quote from: "Casho"In your first post you said something about your bones.
I´m not sure but I think if there were only bones and not your corpse it means your stuff were already gone. Or maybe we are not able to open player bones, I don`t know about. Never had that problem.

It sucks, I did understand.

Next time you could try to get your stuff from corpse stone.

Not always the case, if you get back to it fast enough, you can get your stuff back. I was helping some young players with Saraccoon (using my hiryu to fight ratmen) and got killed down in the old building where the secondary entrance to the Newbie Dungeon is, and had to run all the way back to the old bank to rez. By the time I had gotten back to my original corpse (got killed like four times because my hiryu was busy attacking a rusty worn down training elemental) it was a set of bones. Needless to say, lots of swearing ensued :) However, once my hiryu killed the ratmen waiting for me down there, when I grabbed my corpse, it was all there. So, its not always the case that once your corpse goes bones, you're screwed.

Walter Wego

I tried the resync with client, I use it so often I have a hot key assigned to it. Maybe logging out/in would have helped. I do the logout/login every time I get the "You are already holding something." I can't recall ever having my corpse not open. I mean even when it is empty it opens to the empty coffin gump.

But this is so rare a perfect storm of bugs, features, phone calls, and careless preparation on my part. Unless unmounting you at the newbie champ is planned. I found it to be a bit of a pain if you are just riding something with low hit points like a horse.

If I would have had everything insured, fine. If I would have chosen any other destination, fine. If I hadn't received a call from a handicapped senior citizen that needed a ride, fine. If it had been in Felucca I may have been able to find someone to help me loot the corpse. If the bug that wouldn't let me open my corpse would not have hit that particular time, fine. If there was a GM online, probably fine. If clicking the newbie dungeon would have taken my character to any other location then the newbie champ, fine.

I'm feeling kind of special, like riding the short yellow bus special!  :lol: Once in a lifetime conflagration of events, features, and bugs. Heck, checked my taming BODs and I already have two that will get me some +5 gear. I will miss my hat, just extraordinary good loot wizards hat. I hate the darn leather caps even when they made with special leathers, runics, and uber imbued.  Talk about stuff that makes you feel short yellow bus kind of special. We need straw hats imbue-able!

Walter

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]