Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 31.6 Chivalry, tithing and LRC

Started by Tommy Boy, March 28, 2012, 03:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Boy

I'm new here but this is lame.

Quote- Fixed a bug where Lower Regant Cost was counting for Tithing points, when really it has nothing to do with regs.

This is not a bug.  It's been this way as intended since Chivalry was introduced.  

It's the way it is on official servers and on every other server I've ever played.

Just because it's tithing points doesn't mean it makes any more or less sense than LRC for reagents.  You use gold to buy reagents and you use gold to buy tithing points.  How is there a difference?

It's nothing but a dexxer nerf.  Mages don't have to spend anything to cast but dexxers do.  Now that makes no sense.

Tommy Boy

Belegerandh

Quote from: "Tommy Boy"I'm new here but this is lame.

Quote- Fixed a bug where Lower Regant Cost was counting for Tithing points, when really it has nothing to do with regs.

This is not a bug.  It's been this way as intended since Chivalry was introduced.  

It's the way it is on official servers and on every other server I've ever played.

Just because it's tithing points doesn't mean it makes any more or less sense than LRC for reagents.  You use gold to buy reagents and you use gold to buy tithing points.  How is there a difference?

It's nothing but a dexxer nerf.  Mages don't have to spend anything to cast but dexxers do.  Now that makes no sense.

Tommy Boy

It makes sense to me because it's like being cheap on your religion, whatever it may be.

In history, 'tithing' is about donating to a temple so that there is money to operate it and also so there is something it can give back to it's community.

That is a lot different than what mages and necro's do, ideally, and I feel like it's that way on the official servers because Richard Garriot isn't running things; he would keep things in a perspective that would make sense. OSI just kinda slops their publishes now that Origin is gone and EA itself took over.

Jupiter

its a much needed gold sink. A small one, i tithed 20k (which is just one sos worth of gold) as soon as the switch was made, and i use chiv ALL THE TIME, and i dont think i even spent 2k yet. Its such a small price, not even worth bringing up.

King Kong

Quote from: "Jupiter"its a much needed gold sink. A small one, i tithed 20k (which is just one sos worth of gold) as soon as the switch was made, and i use chiv ALL THE TIME, and i dont think i even spent 2k yet. Its such a small price, not even worth bringing up.

Between the Pandora Coins & gold you for free every 12 hours on the voting stones in glass city. 1 Day of voting would probably set you for a month or longer.

Not to mention each character you make starts with a decent amount.

And as you will see we are not like the pay servers, and I really hope were not like any other shard you ever played. Tithing has nothing to do with reagants.

How does paying gold to an ankh have anything to do with plants? Reguardless is no skill cap. You are handed LRC 100% right when you start, armor, weapons, training elementals. I am sorry you have to go to an Ankh 1 time per month to use Chivalry.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

zaxarus

Quote from: "Jupiter"its a much needed gold sink. A small one, i tithed 20k (which is just one sos worth of gold) as soon as the switch was made, and i use chiv ALL THE TIME, and i dont think i even spent 2k yet. Its such a small price, not even worth bringing up.

Then you are lucky and/or you don't use Chivalry in an excessive way like I do. Sometimes I use 20 k tithing points per day (means: when I fight a lot of harder mobs). ;)

I have no problem with tithing gold, it is okay and it really doesn't make sense why LRC should effect Chivalry.
But it's a little idealistic to think one voting day would provide you with tithing points for a whole month.^^
Tys

"My name is my name."

Tommy Boy

Regardless of the mage bias or the illogical reasoning about reagents, tithing and LRC, it's FREE to train Magery but costs tens of thousands of gold to train Chivalry as a result of this change.

zaxarus

Quote from: "Tommy Boy"Regardless of the mage bias or the illogical reasoning about reagents, tithing and LRC, it's FREE to train Magery but costs tens of thousands of gold to train Chivalry as a result of this change.

That's right. Maybe stop using tithing points for Young Characters till Chiv is at GM?
Tys

"My name is my name."

King Kong

Quote from: "Tommy Boy"Regardless of the mage bias or the illogical reasoning about reagents, tithing and LRC, it's FREE to train Magery but costs tens of thousands of gold to train Chivalry as a result of this change.

Yes, magery can get you by, well enough to hunt monsters to have enough gold to Chiv. Magery was the only magic spell on UO for years. So I am sure it's sufficient.  :D

Or just vote and you have enough gold to GM it.  It's easy. Just try it.  :lol:

Jupiter

Quote from: "zaxarus"

Then you are lucky and/or you don't use Chivalry in an excessive way like I do. Sometimes I use 20 k tithing points per day (means: when I fight a lot of harder mobs). ;)

I have no problem with tithing gold, it is okay and it really doesn't make sense why LRC should effect Chivalry.
But it's a little idealistic to think one voting day would provide you with tithing points for a whole month.^^

Jesus! Most chiv spells or 10tithing points (10gp), so thats casting 2000 chiv spells in a day.
Which leads me to think, don't you start with 30k now-a-days? That should be more than enough to GM chiv. Considering that everything else (LRC/Weapons) is given to you in the glass city. Spending that gold for tithing should be no biggie.

Belegerandh

Gold drops were increased. Is 20k gold hard to get?

You can get three or four times that with half an hour of hunting.

Belegerandh

So tailors should also have Lower Cloth Count and Lower Leather Count jewels since that's biased too? How about Ingot Regeneration 2, Copper Ingot Increase 8 on a tinker ring? Faster Crafting 1/Craft Recovery 3? Sure, they are crafters but also part of this 'mage bias'.  Just saying not everything is the same nor should it be.

Jupiter

^^ Well said. Mind you, 100% Lower Leather Suit would be kinda awesome. We can call it a Bondage Suit!

zaxarus

Quote from: "Jupiter"
Quote from: "zaxarus"

Jesus! Most chiv spells or 10tithing points (10gp), so thats casting 2000 chiv spells in a day.
Which leads me to think, don't you start with 30k now-a-days? That should be more than enough to GM chiv. Considering that everything else (LRC/Weapons) is given to you in the glass city. Spending that gold for tithing should be no biggie.

Call me Tys. ;)

I got no problem using tithing points, wether 1 k or 20 k or whatever. I was just wondering what you might call "excessive". :)
Tys

"My name is my name."

Tommy Boy

Well, that's too bad.  I was looking forward to giving it a go here.

Not gonna bother if day 1 is already irritating and annoying.

King Kong

Quote from: "Tommy Boy"Well, that's too bad.  I was looking forward to giving it a go here.

Not gonna bother if day 1 is already irritating and annoying.

there are 6 stones in glass city that you can double click to vote every 12 hours that gives an average of 8000 gold in and 3-4 Pandora Coins that can sell 2k-3k each - That is every 12 hours. Doing that 1 time, will gm your Chivalry for free. Doing it a 2nd time, you don't have to tithe for more than likely a month.

But if that's annoying and irritating, your opinion. We cannot please everyone. Do appreciate you trying tho. Cheers

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman