Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

MIB Fishing 101

Started by Cpt James Grimly, June 04, 2012, 08:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt James Grimly

This here be a map system I created in order to make fishing up MIBs/SoS's take less time and cause less headaches.

The map was created using UO Automap, so for those of you using UO Cartographer or do not use any type of mapping system at all, you may not find this useful. Please be sure you have UOAM installed and pointing to your Ultima Online directory folder located in Program Files in Windows Explorer.

Bear in mind I have never used UO Cartographer so I cannot confirm if this will be useful with the program.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I have marked 32 spots throughout the Trammel facet of Sosaria. For best results I recommend making copies of the two runebooks I have located in the Shipwreck Cove: Runebook Library (78,39n 7,1w) SoutWest of the Justice Shrine in Trammel. If you have any issues finding it you can PM Synkara ingame for a rune.

-Save a copy of the above map and put a shortcut on your desktop
-Open MIB Map (Above)
-Open UO Auto Map
-Click on Map and select Full Map

-Type in coordinates of the Waterstained SOS in UOAM by right clicking your map and selecting Go To Location..then select Latitude/Longitude. Type coordinates in the box and select OK. Select OK again to return to map.
Next click on Places and select Drop or Pick Up Marker. If you already have a current marker you will need to do this twice before you can move on to the next step..otherwise you will have to retype in coordinates again.

-Now before you move your character, refer to your MIB map and see which number is closest to your destination. Recall to the spot and place a ship in the water. Sail to location and fish up your treasure.

For those of you looking for an even quicker method. Go ahead and donate or farm up 3000 Oceanic Coins so you can obtain a Magical Water Quiver of the Sea Horse. If your taming is GM or higher you can buy a Sea Horse and ride it on water. So all you will need to do is recall to number closest to your destination, place ship in water, walk off plank while riding sea horse, redock ship, run to spot, and fish up your treasure. This saves time sailing to the location and having to sail back to land to redock your vessel.

I find it even faster to make a Restock Agent in Razor to only loot Gold, Pandora Coins, Gems, and nets. Set hotkey and target treasure chest.
If you are looking for reagents, scrolls, gear, or chests to collect...this is not recomended.

It never hurts to carry along a Portable Trash Basket in order to get rid of unwanted junk. You can get one by donating!

Hope t' see ye lubbers more active on the open seas!
Best ye naught be swayed by a life of a rotters paradise mate..welcome t\' the crew!
Ol\' Dirty Pirates [ODP]

Angel0178

Good Captain, would you mind if I made this into a Wiki article. All credit would go to you, and your band o pirates. Or would you rather make it one yourself?

Cpt James Grimly

Ahoy mate...

Y'er welcome t' make it into a wiki article if ye desire. We pirates be willin' t' contribute t' Pandora as much as possible. More lubbers be meanin' more loot t' plunder. Har har!
Best ye naught be swayed by a life of a rotters paradise mate..welcome t\' the crew!
Ol\' Dirty Pirates [ODP]

Cpt James Grimly

I have just finished updating the runebooks so that if you use a Sea Horse, most spots marked are accessible to water without having to place a ship. That way you can recall to spot and run straight from land to water.

Runebooks are located on steps between the two eagle statues.
Gates open in West Britain when I am afk.

Synkara
Ol\' Dirty Pirates [ODP]

Angel0178

Oh. Whoops lol. I am actually making my own set of runes for the locations and setting up markers on the new mapper program, Ultima Mapper. Once its finished (I'm boating to each location), I'll attach the markers to this thread. Also, the location for your rune library in the original message is incorrect. It takes you to the middle of the ocean. I updated it in the article. I just haven't posted it yet.

Cpt James Grimly

(78,39n 7,1w) Correct coordinates to Shipwreck Cove: Runebook Library

Here is an example of my screen when I am fishing up MIBs. Makes it easier to access third party programs.

Also doesnt hurt to set up a fishing macro and set a hotkey so you can start fishing once you reach destination.
Ol\' Dirty Pirates [ODP]

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]