Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Great shard, but one thing to attract more players...

Started by c3s, September 12, 2012, 10:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c3s

Now that Descendents is released, making Felucca rulesets Felucca only should be considered. Everyone knows UO was THE PvP game, but the vast majority don't care for non-consentual PvP, hence the exodus to World of Warcraft and its opt-in PvP system when it was released. I know many folk who came to Pandora and loved it but grew frustrated and quit when Ilsh turned out to be a PvP zone. It doesn't bother me bad enough to quit but what's the point anymore - we have PvP events, Felucca itself and now the Descendents server.

Again, this is a great server and the creators have done a lovely job, but besides a minority of players who get their jollies from the grief of lowly PvMers, I think a large amount of players wouldn't mind an Ilsh they can explore in peace - and I would put my money down that it would attract a heap of new players, which in turn would mean new donations and the resources that would entail. Thanks for reading,  please consider this. :)

Poke

if anything more areas should have fel rules not less, and the other server is just that, another server with a different set up and not everyone wants to start over. there is almost no risk the way it is since there are so many places that are trammie, also you can insure and bless your items or get a blessed bag and all that stuff so whats the point of making another whole area trammie?

c3s

Poke

the only point i see is that you are too scared to go to ish because you could get pked and what? lose a few gold or something? come on now...

c3s

Assuming you are being serious, why not try intelligent discourse? I'm not referring to my own benefits, but the servers. I was in FL and !C! when I played on OSI, so your silly personal attacks about me being scared of PvP are moot.

Poke

you seriously think making one area tram is going to bring a huge amount of people? since fel itself and ish are the only places left with fel rules i honestly think it would make more people leave than join...

c3s

Considering that the area is traditionally a PvM area, I think it would indeed draw more players that are attracted to PvM, which time has shown is the majority of MMO players. Keeping something that only benefits a (sometimes) vocal minority who rarely even use it just seems pointless to me.

Poke

All im saying is there is more than enough tram areas i mean even doom which is normally fel is tram on here so if you make ish tram that only leaves fel itself and if you do that than you might as well have the whole server tram. There needs to be ATLEAST one area thats fel rules besides fel itself and if they made ish tram i guarentee a bunch of people would leave the server including myself. I honestly wish uo never added tram to begin with, it took away all the risk from the game and made it too safe. Secure boxes, tram, insurance, etc made the game too easy the way it is so why take away one last fel area? If players want to pvm and be safe (even though you dont lose anything to begin with on here) just go to one of the areas you could and dont go to ish. Sorry im rambling im bored and out drinking :)

zaxarus

My opinion:

There are enough Tram Facets and Fel Facets on Pandora and there's no reason to change anything.
If you don't want to be killed by a player you gotta be careful in some regions and that's all. Or you defend yourself / run away. Basically, if you use (auto) insurance there is nothing too bad that could happen. No need to discuss. :)

Tys

"My name is my name."

c3s

Again, I know how to handle myself if those situations, most others I know these days don't care for the situation to begin with and would rather play a server they can choose to avoid it. Hence the discussion.

Jupiter

This topic has been discussed to death. If you change a tram location to fel, it doesn't mean more people will go. The exact same people you find in other fel locations will go there, nothing will really change.
PvPers are constantly trash talking people who don't. We're just here to play a game. Not wanting to get my butt handing to me over and over doesn't make me a coward, it just means i don't want to waste my time entertaining someone else at my expense. PvPer know who the other PvPers are, go at it all you want, don't try and drag people who don't want to into it. When i hear people want more fel sets, all i see are people that just want more targets are more people to pick on. Save the fisticuffs for the bar. 

c3s

Good points, plus a lot of UO players are now adults with limited time. Giving them the chance to do what they enjoy, be it PvP or PvM, unmolested is attractive in a server. I'd love to see Pandora prosper even more.

Horns Nigel

Because you are new here you don't know that Malas, Luna and Tokuno were all PVP until the King made the decision to make them all PVM.
Now this does lend some credence to your argument that maybe there were to many PVP areas, but not that he should introduce more.

I am with SOP aligned with NPA, probably the two most anti PVP guilds on the shard, however like most we handle our issues with it by insuring our items.
If you dont like PVP, just stay out of those areas, like the King says with greater risks comes greater rewards, the choice is yours...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Maggdalena

To me, Ilsh doesn't even feel like a PvP zone.  I never see anybody there.  :)
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Alifanfaron

Yeah, outside of the Spirituality moongate area and the Twisted Weald, you don't see too much action.
"Stop quoting things I never said"  -Maggdalena

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]