Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Power Scrolls and training

Started by rocktuff, August 13, 2013, 10:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocktuff

1st I sound like a broken record and when one of our gms have time plz look into this. For over a year I have been searching the shard forums, vendors in game, shouting in trade. I also run 3-5 champs a day and myself and all of my guild wsf can verify that some powerscrolls just do not drop. lumber jack, mining, cartography, alchemy, carpentry. are just a few I can think of that never drop. My next question is I have been trying to raise lumberjacking from 110 to 115 and ya can only hit a tree 1 time and have to move on to next tree I have cut on over 100 trees now with not even .1 gain. Lumberjack used to raise just like swords simply using an ax during battle so can we get a invincible tree at the training elementals to cut to raise the lumberjack skill...
Long Live John Elway

Thatperson

you are right that the scrolls are extremely rare, but I must say I got an alchemy 110 the other day and a mining, bowcraft and tinkering 105's too in recent weeks. I have 120 lumber and bought my scrolls off vendors so I must have been super lucky :) I ran into the same problem raising it though and bought a skill ball coz im lazy.
invincible training tree is a nifty idea though :D
I will add that iv done hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of champs and only ever had trade scrolls drop on 3 occasions (one had 2 trade scrolls at the same time)

Electo Jason

I recently got a 115 fletching maybe they increased drop rates on it.  Also i got an IDOC with a lot of lumberjacks and other ones on there.  Still have not gotten 120 imbue or any alchemy PS's yet which makes me want to cry at times :(.

For the lumberjacking best thing to do would be to setup a harvest macro so you dont have the issues. either mark teh option to drop logs at feet or setup and record like this.

Start recording
get in a cluster chop the trees
Teleport to new cluster or recall
Do this a few times than recall home and setup organizer for logs into a chest.
Than recall out to another cluster.

This make take 1-2 hours to get it set good enough to be able to constantly run with not having to babysit but should get teh job done for you.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

I don't believe that every PS has the same chance to drop. If that would be I should have tons of harvesting PS, including rare things like Imbuing. Well, I don't.^^

And while I'm okay with slower drop rates on some skills (makes it worth doing champs, also keeps you motivated) I cannot say that the actual drop rates for those scrolls are "fair" (can't find a better word for it, sry^^). At least Lumberjacking, Blacksmithy and other crafting scrolls should drop slightly more often. For whatever reasons BS 110 seems to be pretty rare, so if anyone might need one, i think i can sell it cheaper than some people did. Also Jags has fair prices for them.

But there are scrolls that just don't drop, that's true. And for my more than 2 yrs on Pandora I can say i rly did tons of champs. ;)

Tys

"My name is my name."

rocktuff

agreed and what do ya think of a traing tree to chop on...
Long Live John Elway

Walker

I got 110 mining a couple of days ago. After hundreds of champs though I can say that it was my first craft skill drop off a champ though.

zaxarus

Quote from: rocktuff on August 13, 2013, 11:16:28 AM
agreed and what do ya think of a traing tree to chop on...

yes, please.
Tys

"My name is my name."

rocktuff

yeah I dunno don't really wanna complain because I do love Pandora inside and out but seeing some of these scrolls and the if we could get a training tree to chop on ill feel like my input matters here as a faithful and loyal player...  :D
Long Live John Elway

Voxpire

All scrolls have exactly the same drop rate.
Training tree, maybe.

Electo Jason

IF you look at the ratio of skills vs the crafting skills of course they will be more rare :)

But i can say i have gotten crafting PS's  also people need to look at vendors more carfully

I just stocked up on alchemy 110 and 105 PS's the other day i found :)
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Axle Stonehands

Perhaps crafting powerscrolls (especially the 120's) might be added to the Donation Store.
On a side note, does the ps points turn-in drop all scrolls or just certain ones? (is it the same chance as dropping at a champ?)

Horns Nigel

If im not mistaken you can already purchase any skill up to 120, or at least the skills available to go up to 120 in the donation store....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Dwarvey

Some crafting scrolls already have 2 ways to get them. For the rest. Well.......honestly looks like people need to do more champs. I had to hunt for all mine, but got most either paying through the nose, or doing champs.

I do really like the training tree. Nothing sucks more than training 120 LJ at .1/per day or so.

zaxarus

Quotehonestly looks like people need to do more champs

lol
Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]