Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Im new and Lagged >=0

Started by Castle Bravo, March 02, 2011, 03:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Bravo

Lmao.. I Play a free server during the day but at night time it quiets down to much so I come play pandora at night.. I noticed I Lag pretty bad.. I read the server is in america.. and so am I running with cable so im wondering why? Is it my own PC is to lagged? Kind of takes the fun out for me :-/

Kronen

last night the server did have a few long freezes, but this kind of thing doesn't happen often.  is it continuous lag you encounter, or are there periods where you're fine and other times when lag kicks in?

the server is indeed in america.  how about posting a traceroute so we can see if it's something to do with your connection.  (start menu -> run -> type cmd.  in the command prompt that opens up, type tracert pandorauo.zapto.org, hit enter.)

could be other things though.. what version of the client are you using, and is this the same as the one you use to log into the server you play on by day?  do you have up to date drivers for your graphics card?  are you downloading a lot of stuff at the same time?  you said you're on a cable connection - is that as in one that affords you a certain amount of bandwidth relative to the internet activity of everyone else in your street?  can you try logging pandora in the day time to see if you're laggy then too?  is anyone else in your household sharing your connection?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman