Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Roleplaying, does it exist and do you participate?

Started by Miz3r, April 30, 2011, 08:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miz3r

Hello and good day to you all.

Just a simple question about Roleplaying, i know each person has there own way about playing this wonderfull game , and i wish to know for those who do portray the role of there character, are there any rewards like roleplaying rewards etc?

Or is it each person has a character and do as you please, as i fine it adds to the excitement whilst playing this game, i know it creates good interactions amongst players and makes this game so much more worthwhile playing other than sitting macroing your miners whilst you spend all the gold you have made from afk macroing, whilst there are people out there who wish to go beyond the boring of afk macroing and actually make a name for themselves.

So my question really is, do you play your part or are you just another player who wants to have the most gold and best items and that is all we know about you, or are you the kind of person who wants to create a name that will forever be remembered for generations to come in the UO world?

lev

ofc its rp
only the different is that while the rest are role playing i am not
i am the nightmare!
my name brings fear and death!
pandorians tears will fall like rain begging to live!!!

Kronen

Quote from: "Miz3r"So my question really is, do you play your part or are you just another player who wants to have the most gold and best items and that is all we know about you, or are you the kind of person who wants to create a name that will forever be remembered for generations to come in the UO world?

i'm the player that wants all the leet stuff.  sorry.

RP has always struck me as something best left in the bedroom ;)

having said that, i got respect for the greatest RP'er ever to play uo.  i'm sure you'll've heard of him:
wobba

Mita

lol
"RP has always struck me as something best left in the bedroom"

(and the shower, the kitchen, the front yard, any deserted place or locked room) . . . 8-)

RP is hard to define online, but damn it is fun in real life.
I <3 conventions!
Accident - [size=85]The library that runs on land, over seas, or anywhere her feet takes her.[/size]

Xeen

Personally, I would love to see more RP on pandora.

I was part of a RPing guild before T2A and right after its release, and it was some of the most fun I've ever had.
Xeen
Lead Pandora Developer / Co-Owner
xeenuo@live.com

Lilith

*puts on her robe and wizard hat*

Miz3r

Quote from: "Xeen"Personally, I would love to see more RP on pandora.

I was part of a RPing guild before T2A and right after its release, and it was some of the most fun I've ever had.

I have been trying since day one to fufill a persona i have created but all i get from other players is, "ok dude, nice weapon dude, how many ambers you got man,lets kill a gd and be awesome" and stuff like that.

I really hope that people can appreciate good roleplaying and also get into it as there are some on this shard who really try to make that extra bit special but slowly finding it just might not be worth all the effort they are putting into it anymore.

lev

Quote from: "Ayria""ok dude, nice weapon dude, how many ambers you got man,lets kill a gd and be awesome"

what can u role play in tram? rp is for fel or with your friends
=> with your brothers and your enemies

Miz3r

You can role play anywhere does not matter where you are, you could be stuck in jail and hope that the Uo gods have mercy on you and reduce your sentence, you can role play just about anywhere so long as there are others around who notice you.

Role playing means playing out the persona of your character to the best of your ability, and yes you can role play whilst slaying Innocent noobs buying at shops (which is lame i might add).

Its what you make of it, and i hope to see more people RP soon instead of following the rest of the sheep atm by which i mean, just wanting gold and items and forgetting about where the whole story came from, and what UO actually stands for, and utilize all its aspects to the fullest and only then can you reap the rewards and feel self satisfaction.

*rant over*

lev

well stop crying about it and stay in character
the forum is not less a part of the game

Miz3r

Quote from: "lev"well stop crying about it and stay in character
the forum is not less a part of the game

Sigh always get someone who doesnt understand tsk tsk.

Not crying, i am making a statement and i do not have to stay in character as this alias is not my characters name.

Kronen

someone make this guy staff and let him host event arc style stories, see if it takes off!

Miz3r

Quote from: "Kronen"someone make this guy staff and let him host event arc style stories, see if it takes off!

Actually , there needs to be some sort of reward system for role playing, yes this is a rpg based game, and yes some people just believe let me get the best items from donating and thus i am the best, no you not, i hate seeing people online gloating about how great they are and they can own just about anybody, Hooray goodie for you.

Really saddens me that after all the years of playing uo and great players i have come across, there isnt really anybody on this shard that sticks out more than other, yes you might have the best of the best, but nobody will remember you for years of UO to come.

I am in no way saying you have not earned the right to brag about your successes, but we need to get more role playing into this shard, the Gms must maybe think about a reward system for those who play this wonderful game to the fullest and play there role right out to the fullest.

I think this will bring more players to this great shard, and maybe have more events being run, not all new players can tackle the pvm and pvp events, and i am sure in time they will grow stronger, but for now, maybe think about events that the newer players can really enjoy, not entering a pvp tourney and get struck 1 shot by an experienced player, wont really envelope that player to try harder, just make him think wow i really suck.

Some might think this is just ramblings but in honest truth its not, if you think about all the hard work the mods go through to create such things for us to experience, lets give something back to them and go that extra bit in the game to make it worthwhile for everybody, i know some people just wont, but others are too scared to speak out about it and this where the problem lies.

I know i will be keeping at it, and hope you all decide to do the same.

Daolin

If there is a low density of roleplayers, then you need to start with some regular RP events. Perhaps a subforum here dedicated to RP? Maybe an event calender? Sure you can RP anytime, but it is boring to solo it all the time.  I'm interested in RP, but it depends... I don't like the extreme and unrealistic RP. I would gladly pitch with others to provide something nice for those interested.

Miz3r

Quote from: "Daolin"If there is a low density of roleplayers, then you need to start with some regular RP events. Perhaps a subforum here dedicated to RP? Maybe an event calender? Sure you can RP anytime, but it is boring to solo it all the time.  I'm interested in RP, but it depends... I don't like the extreme and unrealistic RP. I would gladly pitch with others to provide something nice for those interested.

I agree, some sort of role playing events would be great, just to get those who are not so familiar with it into the groove of things around here, I cannot agree with you more on the part about rp on your solo, i find that the times i really enjoy it is when there are others joining in, really builds up an atmosphere, but then off course you get the players who come with there, i pawn u noobs, and sup bra, and that stuff, i suppose its easier for them.

But if we can get some feedback from the mods on this, that would be great, maybe even somebody being put in charge of running small role playing events , i am sure with everybody's inputs we can muster up something that even the old fogies of Pandora will enjoy, if we can drag them away from there pk"ing

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman