Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

New Gargoyle Rares/Gear?

Started by Diomedes, May 27, 2011, 05:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

When i was going to purchase a race change deed because i was tired of being a gargoyle, i was told by Konstantine that "I would regret it". He also mentioned that he thought Gargoyles were the strongest race and that they were coming out with alot more gear for gargoyles.
Im assuming by saying all this he was trying to hint to me that we were making the gargoyles just as fair in pvp as a human/elf (Gear wise) and i was wondering what kind of things were going to be added?
I've heard the High Seas update was coming soon, does that also include new gargoyle gear? or is that going to be the gear you were talking about?
All information is helpful, i really look forward to gargoyles being improved :)
"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed."
"When I look around me, I am often troubled to see how many people are mad."
- The Famous: Mark Twain

King Kong

Yes I am working on it.

All gargoyles please reply to this forum to let me know what you would like to see with Gargoyles to make them up to par, I will put everything into consideration.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Diomedes

Well the main thing im looking for is something that can compare to the Maces and Shields artifact. I can't seem to find any gear that keeps up with it. Also, maybe something like the leggings of embers?
"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed."

Diomedes

Playing for a bit, i also noticed we have no wepon artifacts like the Horselord, and we dont have anything like a quiver, Maybe we could get a sash that does the same thing as a quiver? (without the arrows of course, im talking like damage modifiers for throwing wepons, ect.)

Just trying to post some ideas :)

voncross

Could add an Imbue option to Imbue "gargoyle only" onto normal artifacts. Just an idea.

Mita

Quote from: "voncross"Could add an Imbue option to Imbue "gargoyle only" onto normal artifacts. Just an idea.
Most equipment can be changed to the gargoyal equivelent. Not sure about artifacts. Great idea nonetheless. But... that would kill some of the equipment diversity. Part of choosing your race is keeping in mind what you can wear. For example I may choose elf specifally becuase the artifact head piece from dread horn with 1/2 casting, which in turn alters which pieces I need to use for the rest of my suit to make up for the resists.

Gargoyals are quite powerful in PvP given they have the same properties. Maybe you don't notice but they do slightly better when hurt, and the weapon mods (fatigue and drain mana) are quite powerful. (correct me if im wrong and these CAN be imbued for human/elf use)

Still, being able to change things like jewelry/clothes/non-artifact-equipment into the gargoyal counterpart (or to the human/elf counterpart for that matter) would be pretty cool. I'd say leave artifacts unchangable and add more gargoyal arties.

Maybe an artifact head piece which is gargoyal only and has hit lower attack instead?
Gargish versions of artifact jewelry...
Change up resists on gargoyal arties so that, instead of being really heavy on energy/cold and being weak on fire/psn, they are generally strong in fire/psn and weak in energy/cold?
 - I'm tired of human/elf builds that have 120 energy resist but only 60 fire... switch it around?
Gargoyal only weapons with hit mana drain/fatigue/splintering at higher rates, to replace mods found in human/elf weapons that have leech hits/mana, etc ?
Accident - [size=85]The library that runs on land, over seas, or anywhere her feet takes her.[/size]

knoxrub

Don't make it too difficult for yourselves.  Just update the SA artifacts (for gargs only) just like the Doom Artifacts were updated. As you already know, there are items that gargs can't wear like quivers, CC/Tangle, Glasses, oceanic boots, and probably sashes.  You don't necessarily need to give gargs access to these items as long as you give stat bonuses on the garg items to make them on par with the other races.  In my opinion shields need a little boost because no one is willing to give up their bonuses from bushido/ninjitsu.  If you give gargs a shield with SC no penalty, Damage Eater 20, Focus 5-10, 6 dex/int/str.  Anything less than that, and people are just gonna keep their darts and evasion, etc...

The SA bonuses would definitely encourage people to play a gargoyle.  

Kvothe

Kronen

erm, if gargoyles are getting all this love, how about giving humans and elves the ability to 'levitate' in wraith form and still move at mounted speeds AND bola people?

seems fair to me.

Diomedes

Im in vampiric form when i bola you and fly. I just cast wraith form first.
Notice my skin color? Thats how you tell im in vampiric form.

Being able to bola while flying is just an advantage of gargoyles that humans and elfs down have. Aswell as things like the sky pathways in termer, its just what comes with gargoyles.

But the main topic of this post is to get gargoyle on par with humans and elfs in pvp, since we get crushed without the right type of gear.

I already have some of the best gear here offered to gargoyles (Note: I AM missing a few peices and do NOT claim to be good at PvP quite yet), But i should still last longer then i am :(.

Sorry for dismounting you Kronen :), maybe stop useing an Ethy to pvp :)?

knoxrub

Gargs already have disadvantages besides gear.  They can't use mounts which is huge.  And its difficult to hit someone with melee because when you fly you have to hover over them at an angle to attack them.  I for one would like to see more pvp, and if boosting gargs to make them viable in pvp is going to accomplish that, I'm all for it.

Diomedes

Any updates on whats going to added and when (If anything is)?

I'd assume in this huge Expansion pack we'll be getting soon, but i thought i'd ask anyways :)

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111